Southwestern Oklahoma State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Southwestern Oklahoma State University

It's small. There's nothing to do. Only two businesses in the entire town stay open all night. But the class sizes are great, the prices are cheap compared to other colleges, and the professors are wonderful. It can be a perfect fit for some people, like me. Don't go to Jerry's though, unless you like eating off dirty forks. Just go to walmart if you get hungry at night. It's cheaper anyways.

cheyenne

It is a great school. Advisors are very helpful. The enrollment process was simple. Professors are helpful. Location is the best, but it is safe. The rn to bsn program is completely online. The program is we’ll organized. There is so much help available.

Alysa

Although the food may be lacking and everything happens to be an uphill walk. SWOSU has a beautiful campus and great class sizes averaging only about 30ish students per class. The slogan "SWOSU where the focus is you" is about the cheesiest thing, I have ever heard, but couldn't be more true. With competitive tuition prices and friendly faces everywhere, it's definitely a great place to make home. Just make sure to cook a lot!

Katherine

My over all opinion is that this schools is a beautiful campus. It has great spaces for studying and for just getting together with friends. It may be in a small town but, it is really a wonderful and safe campus for any student looking for a nice quiet town to do your studies.

Benjamin

As someone who transferred to this college, I found Southwestern to be a step up from my former college! The learning environment feels more comfortable, open, and friendly, and for a small town and a small campus, it's a very active community! I would definitely recommend this college for anyone wanting to attend college in Oklahoma!

Anna

I love the school size, the teachers are helpful and caring, and food is good. The town itself is boring if you are not opened minded or have friends to hang out with. The activities are amazing if you enjoy being involved. The housing is not bad but needs updates which the school is slowly doing.

Pedro

Southwestern Oklahoma State University is truly a one of a kind university. Here at SWOSU the focus is truly all about the student. The university truly shines in every aspect from its housing to its faculty. They are located in Weatherford, Oklahoma, a fast-growing town an hour west of Oklahoma City. Weatherford provides a nice small town atmosphere with all the bonuses of large and flourishing businesses. SWOSU is a great university especially with financial aid. There tremendous amounts of financial aid and all you have to do is apply.

Devyn

Southwestern Oklahoma State University, is a wonderful school for the student looking for close-knit learning, plenty of majors to choose from, and a place to find other fellow students and faculty that are all in search of bettering themselves and others around them. I love SWOSU, and all the opportunities it has and will give me.

Katherine

I LOVE SWOSU! The professors are amazing and are always around for questions or comments! The buildings and campus grounds are so beautiful! There is so much to do that you will never be bored. The only thing I would change would be the food services on campus. I LOVE being a Bulldog!

justin

I love the small college in a small town atmosphere. Everyone knows everyone here and almost everyone is really friendly. The professors are friendly and don't make their classes too hard. There's plenty of activities going on to keep you somewhat entertained.

Halayna

Honestly, the professors are amazing! They love their jobs and they always make time for their students! There are plenty of organizations for students to be involved with, and the college keeps us informed of everything going on around campus! It’s true when they say “It’s all about you!” I love my college! Go Dawgs!

Destiny

I think it is a great place to go and a great place to meet a very diverse group of people. the teachers are extremely helpful and most are willing to work with you so you can keep your grades and gpa up.

Savannah

I love attending Southwestwestern Oklahoma State University. I was super nervous about college when I first started but once I got there all of my fear melted away. It is such an inviting environment, all of the students are friendly, the professors and staff are amazing, and there is plenty to do on campus!

Kenneth

SWOSU is and can be an overall best college for me. Both of my parents met there and had a very good life in the city. We usually visit SWOSU for memories or Gifted and Talented Events. It was the best time for me including the Robot Competition. I highly recommend this college for any in a 50 Mile Radius, for instance, there is security which makes me feel safe and everything else. But this isn't for me to decide who overall goes there, it is for the students at all schools to decide whether or not they want to go.

Brianna

It's a great school that focuses on academic improvement without the added distractions of a big city. Yes, it's a small town, with not much to do, but you will always find like-minded people who know how to enjoy their time on campus in a safe way that doesn't ruin their GPA. The professors are encouraging and always find new opportunities for their students to succeed. It's a great place to learn that provides enough resources for the students to use accordingly without overwhelming people with too many options. We're small, but powerful!

Patricia

This is my first time going to a major university. From what I have heard and seen, it looks pretty decent. A majority of my major is online and on ZOOM, meaning that I can work and be at home all at the same time. I will also have time to coach soccer team on the weekends. Total win in my book!

Olivia

SWOSU is a great school. I have yet to meet an instructor or faculty member who has not gone out of their way to help students. The professors are always available for questions and beg of student to come to them in and outside of office hours. The classes are small enough to not get lost in the crowd but large enough to be able to meet new people.

jarrod

In most cases you get what you pay for. With swosu the quality of education is greater than the cost, which is relatively cheap. The professors are very approachable, especially in the music department. Often times they become a trusted friend. There's nothing flashy about swosu, but its reliable.

Coby

This is a great school for the person looking to have small class sizes and a very involved student body. This college is one of the cheapest in the state of Oklahoma, but your education is not sacrificed because of the lower cost. Even if you attend this school for two years just to get your basics, it will be one of the best years you'll experience

Adryk

The atmosphere is quiet the usual college town with some nightlife activities, a wide array of different races and international students, they are very concerned with student safety, they do try to have mixers and groups to keep the students wanting to learn and meeting new people

Emma

I really, really enjoy going to Southwestern Oklahoma State University. As I am studying Music Therapy, it is one of only two places in Oklahoma to get the degree. The music department is fantastic! I have enjoyed all of my professors during my first two semesters. They definitely care about you, and want you to succeed. The classes I have been in have yet to exceed 20-25 students, so professors get to know everyone fairly easily. Definitely consider SWOSU if you want to go to a homey small-town college!

Kaitlyn

Southwestern Oklahoma State University is a small, but fantastic school, especially for the price! There are tons of options for majors, extracurricular activities, and more! The professors keep their office hours and will email you back within 24 hours. Love this school!