Spa Tech Institute-Westboro Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Spa Tech Institute-Westboro

Dazzline

It's a good school but some things need to be changed so we can all feel like we are really being set up for our future jobs. I only like certain teachers, because they are nice and are willing to help you not judge. The clinic area is alright wish they used more high end equipment that was more reliable.

Jimmy

MY HONEST STUDENT REVIEW: I honestly don’t know where these good reviews come from and I wish I never read them because they’re HEAVILY misleading. This school is just about the biggest scam & terrible. Where to even start... the programs start for about 12k and the first 5 days (where if you drop out you get a full legal refund) BOY do they try to SELL you a dream into staying at this school that it is so wonderful etc. literally will harass you for the first 5 days and tell you that. To complete hours you even have to work at their open house & are forced to tell everyone how “amazing” this school is and sell them their facade. The staff is beyond unprofessional except maybe 2. They don’t even know what they’re doing themselves (literally in terms of skills of the specific trade you’re learning & general teaching skills) they’re extremely rude and immature (like man handling you when you make a mistake or talking to you very degrading; mind you most of the staff are in their 35s-60s, NO mannerisms at all!) their teaching skills are very poor, you WILL need to learn the curriculum on your own. After the first 5 days the admissions and management of this place won’t listen to you or acknowledge you at all after they’re sure they have your money. We had to teach OURSELVES in class.. literally no lecture, no guidance, no demonstrations, NOTHING. You pay 12k+ to teach yourself ?! The whole class complains on a daily basis and still no changes. There are never any necessary supplies needed to even DO your courses! (Ex: need some massage oil? Oh there isn’t any figure it out. And there pretty much will never be any..) This school is a scam, is poorly run & unorganized. (Oh and DIRTY.. where is the overnight cleaning staff?!) I’m not surprised a good majority of people end up dropping out before the first module is even over even though they aren’t getting their refund. Says A LOT trust me. I’m surprised this school is even still running.

Keeti

You know, after trying really hard time & time again to try to like this school & give it a try through all the horrible events I’ve had to endure, I’ve just finally came to the realization that this is truly the most terrible school. I came to this school in high hopes because they sell you this dream that this school strives for quality learning. Usually most places fall short anyway but this school falls WAY beyond short. After the first 5 days (where you can get a full legal refund if you withdraw) it went downhill, fast. The instructors are beyond rude (except maybe like 2-3) they’ll swear at you & manhandle you. YES, I said manhandle you! The curriculum is outdated along with the information you’re learning. Like most people know these fields, especially the beauty field, is always changing & evolving & if you want to stay current to be successful you need to be doing the same. I would sit in class while me & other students would have to teach ourselves with YouTube videos... sometimes for 4 hours a day or more. You essentially are paying for a license here & (literally!) nothing more while the teachers talk down on you & play on their phone. As if this weren’t enough I pretty much drew the line when one of the instructors had the audacity to physically assault me! I was mortified that out of all places this would happen HERE. Now, with me going into therapy in attempts to forget the traumatizing abuse I’ve had here & pursuing legal action, this school has decided to try to rectify the situation by having me “sleep it off” with a leave of absence. No tuition refunds or anything. Makes sense I suppose considering they were so eager to take my money during orientation. Coming from an AP student who’s been to college before & has never had problems with school in my life, this is a first. In a sad attempt to go for my dreams. Oh and P.S, they delete/filter & hide all negative reviews from google & other sites to lure more people in. Which is how I got suckered into this. Learned my lesson. RUN from this school.

Top Questions about Spa Tech Institute-Westboro