Louisville, KY
Spalding University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Spalding University

eh

If i could go back in time, i would say to myself that this is my last year and i have to work harder before going to colleges. I should work hard every year in high school. Because when you are moving on to college, everything is different from high school. You have to accept everythings that the professor giving you, especially homeworks. Doesent matter how many classes you are taken, your going to have homework every day after classes. So i better take this seriously before i'm heading out to college or a university. I know going to college is going to be a big challenge for me. So I should listening to teachers while i'm still in high school, because everythings that they try to teach me is going to be the things that i needed for college. I should never disappointed with my teacher for giving me too much homework or having to write a lot in classes. I should keep an open mind that the tearchers are giving all these things because it will help me going to a university and college. I have to work hard and accomplish my goal.

There are only small campus with few dorms for students to living in. Some student are stay home even they live far away from school. The dorm are more expensive just for a single student. On the other hand, the campus is inside downtown and there are not that many space between campus and streets. Even that worst i still don't really think that they will get more space for the University. Because everywhere you go building surrounding you.

Kaylan

Spalding is a very diverse school that is open to every ethnic background, gender, disability, and other situations students deal with on a regula basis. They have alot of out of school activities and programs that can help with a students learning or hobby. Spalding also cares about their students learning in their studies in order to help them figure out what they want to do for a career and help them succeed in them as part of being successful individuals. The school also cares about what happens outside of school in the students personal lives.

Hi Kaylan, I see that you are a senior in highschool and are probably wondering what college life will be like. I promise to give you my best advice so that you can feel comfortable about making this life changing transition. As a freshman in college one of the biggest task you will take on is to prioritize. From experience, I have learned that you can have an education and a social life, if you learn to manage your time. Don't forget that procastination is your enemy ; so get organized, be positive and get to it. Also one of your biggest expenses, will be book for classes. You do have options to purchase them such as buy new ones, rent, used ones, or order online. Also, find a campus map to use until you know your way around campus. To avoid putting on way during your first year of college exercise, reduce stress, avoid liquid calories, keep healthy snacks in your dorm room, and plan your meals. When you finally go off to college, you will have a chance to be independent so remember to make wise use of your time and take care of yourself. Good luck.

I dont think their is just one kind of person that should attend this school because of how diverse it is. Anyone with their own style, personality, talents, and looks can attend a school like this one. Anyone that attends the school is allowed to express themselves to their liking. Also anyone who is willing to care about their learning in order to embark on having a career can attend a school like this one.

Brandon

The session system is very unique. Every 6 weeks of the school year counts as a session. For each session, you have 2 or 3 classes lasting those six weeks (though some classes can last more,) and a week break in between each session. The spaced out classes gives you time to focus exclusively on one or two classes in high concentrations. It also feels like a lot less time is spent on general ed and more towards your major.

I would tell myself that college is hard work, but by no means is it scary. Compared to high school, there is a much higher concentration in your studies, rather than the social caste system found so often in high school. I would also tell myself that compared to high school, you really have to apply yourself and think critically, but you can feel yourself learning and growing as a student. The work is intensive, but with so many classes relating to what you want and need to learn, you enjoy working to better yourself. Essentially, I would tell myself to embrace the fact that I am going to school, as it is there that I have felt such achievement and growth as a person, even in the little time that I have been there.

I love my school because the level of friendliness and support throughout is astounding. In my high school, I felt that everyone was a face or a number. You really just had to fit yourself into a space and work on your own. At Spalding, however, both the students and teachers are very personal. They give very helpful and properly assessed critiques and work with you to improve yourself. You're not afraid to ask questions and include yourself in discussions, since you really connect to your professor and classmates.

Nealya

Spalding University is a school where any student can learn.

Spalding University is a school where any student can learn.

As a high school senior I was unfocused and un-motivated. I struggled emotionally and was not interested in school. If given the opportunity to go back to my senior year of high school I would seek counsel from a professional who could help me understand the grief of losing a parent. I would develop a plan of action to rise my grades and get more involved in extra curricular activities . Lastly, I would work with professionals to develop strategies for academic success (i.e., time managament resources, study skills, modified assignments). Overall, I would use all my resources to stay focus and always ask for help when needed. As I look back 17 years ago to my senior year, I realize I didn't know how to communicate my needs both academically and emotionally. I would tell the former me that, "it gets better." It may have taken my 17 years to understand "me" but now that I understand, I can now help other students as a special educator.

People who are not serious or focused to complete their education should not attend Spalding Univeristy.

Leanna

I would tell myself to study hard and take time to think about what career you want to pursue after graduation. So many high school students blow off their four years of high school without realizing that high school is meant to prepare yourself for college and the future. Take advantage of your available resources in school and create a good relationship with your teachers and counselors because they know a lot about college and are more than willing to help and give advice.

The best thing about Spalding University is their six week sessions. I really like this because it allows the students to focus on one or two classes at a time. I think that this leads to better grades and better students.

Since Spalding University is a small school, everyone on campus knows each other. This is great because while you attend Spalding, you connect with so many people and start to build a new family.

Cory

The advice I would give myself, if I went back in time would be to not settle and instead explore. Early on in high school I thought I had chosen my profession and although it was something I loved and was ambitious about it, I was closed minded about other career options. If time travel were possible, I would approach myself, while creating my art and say, “Cory, I know this is what you love to do. You can go off into another world painting and drawing and come out with original work that you are proud of, but don’t you want more for yourself? You wanna show your art to the world, but you also love helping people. Explore different ways of achieving this and don’t settle for being another starving artist. Differentiate yourself from the others and use your artistic talent, to not just pay the bills. I’m not saying don’t be a full-time artist, just be open to other avenues of your passion.” This is what I would tell myself, not with my voice as parent might do, but painted on canvas, so as best to reach my high school self.

DeWana

My classmates are fun and edcuated people to be around.

My classmates are fun and edcuated people to be around.

"Everything happens for a reason." As much as we refer to this phrase, we all figure it is some sort of cliche to provide an excuse for why things happen. After reaching my senior year in college, I realize that everything that happened to me in high school was the fuel that I needed to push me into my destiny. So, if I could go back and talk to myself in high school, I would simply say, "trust God in all things. Allow yourself to make as many mistakes as possible, and THIS time, don't feel sorry for yourself afterwards." As far as advice, all I would tell myself is "refuse to take no as an answer, and everything you want MUST be worked for."

Alex

While high school wasn't exactly the best time ever. College is a new beginning. Get inviled in activities, but don't overwhelm yourself. Go to the tutoring center as much as possible because math and science classes are much harder now, and slacking is not an option this time. Be talkative and friendly but don't be obnoxious. Major in what you want, not what others tell you to do. Get involved in Cru Harper, you will remember what it means to be a Christian again ,and the people are really nice. Please don't procrastinate and don't cut class. Missing 1 day of class in college is like being gone for 2 weeks. Harper is Awesome! Enjoy it and take advantage of the opprotunities here!

Kasey

My school is very small and is perfect for all of my needs.

My school is very small and is perfect for all of my needs.

You definately do not want to go to a large school. You want to go somewhere where the teachers will call you by name. When you have a question you will be able to ask it right then and not wait till office hours to ask about something that was discussed in lecture. In college it will be very important that you get to know your proffesor and aren't scared to ask questions about something you are having trouble with. Make sure you go somewhere where their isn't a teachers assistant who you will be talking with when you need help make sure you will have a personal relationship with your proffesor and that they will be there for you to guide you through this crazy journey.

The tuition is alot and it could possible be going up next year and its frustrating not knowing if I will have enough scholarships and grants to cover my tuition.

marva

i am a people person and like to learn. i enjoy being around others although at times i may not understand some assignments or the text i can get the help i need by simply talking with the professor or going to the library and doing the research or gietting together in a study group.

someone who is not serious about their education

the class sizes are small enough for me to get individual help

Spalding University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.