New York, NY
Spanish-American Institute

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Spanish-American Institute

Nick

Do not think that you must have all the answers right after asking the question. Enjoy the process of coming to an answer about the unknown, and grow from it. If you want to write screenplays, dive right into that process and let yourself get lost in it. Try new things, explore yourself and most of all, always remain close to those who love you. In college, you're going to try on many identities, testing how each one fits and you're going to need someone to remind you of the personality you show the world. Be confident but humble, listen and talk, and for God's sake don't miss out on $1 pizza. Breakfast, lunch and dinner of champions my friend.

Rotem

NYU is a place filled with endless opportunities, but requires its students to work hard in order to sieze them.

First of all, I would tell myself that I should definitely not take home life for granted. Sometimes, it takes leaving something to realize how much you appreciated it while you had it. Leaving home has taught me how to become an independent individual but it has also made me realize how many of my strengths I can accredit to my family and friends back at home. I would also advise myself to sieze ever opportunity that comes my way before I leave. I am certainly doing this now while residing in New York City, but this only makes me wish I had done it more while I lived only a street away from Philadelphia. Lastly, I would tell myself not to be scared of being scared. It is true, college can be scary. You are thrusted into an unknown territory and forced to fend for yourself. But sometimes, being outside of your comfort zone is quite simply the best place to be. Since starting school I have noticed that the times where I forced myself into an uncomfortable position are now my fondest memories. Entering the unknown can be scary, yes, but beautiful none the less.

(The drop down menu wasn't functioning properly but I actually attend New York University) I love my school with all my heart and have no doubt in my mind that I chose the right place to spend at least the next four years. However, that being said, probably the most frustrating thing about the school is the costs that come with it. Living in Manhattan is the biggest tease ever, and the NYU administration only adds to such burdens. In addition to the tuition, the school attempts to extract funds from students whenever it can.

Dania

John Jay College of Criminal Justice has a lot of diversity and offers a lot of majors that captured my attention. The energy that people in the offices and administration have is really welcoming. They make it easy for me to ask questons and feel like they are paying attention to me. The upperclassmen are also very welcoming to new students and help guide them as older siblings. The teachers also do a good job with mentoring the freshman and helping us with whatever we may need.

The most frustrating thing about my school is honestly the huge crowds of people, I know it's a big school but I'm not very used to having a lot people since my high school had a total of about 300 or so students. It is frustrating but it's something I'm gonna get used to.

Anna

This university is best known for their sport in Hockey. At the Unversity of Anchorage its like every onr loves Hockey.

I would go back in time and tell myself that UAA only offers certain degree programs and that you should wait a year until you are sure that it is the path you want to take. I would also say that you should enjoy your high school year and have some fun. In college its the real world you have to pay for classes and their is no error for mistakes and be careful. Many people make mistakes and its alright just get up and work harder for that A grade. You still can make it leaving the American dream and working hard remember three easy words Never give up!!!!!!!

We don't have all the supplies we need and we usually don't have the right books and my degree isn't offered at this college. I have to get a different degree to be accepted ino my college.

Vicenta

Vicenta write your dreams and vision as to where you want to be in four years from the beginning of the journey. This is the map from which I will draw to make decisions and plans and it will also help you to see when you are deviating from the course of your goals. This map does not have every detail of your dream, but it will have the main roads to follow and guidelines. In order to be able to write the dream and vision, do an indepth study of your career, the college you will attend and how you will pay for college. Having this map will give you clarity so that you are not at a loss when you have to make decisions, moreover, it will keep you motivated because you know the way in which you should go. Leaving high school to go college is a already a bit daunting, but leaving with a plan makes it a lot more visible and promising. During these years, there will be many people and situations that will come against you, the dreams and the vision, attend to the important ones, but stay focused and committed to your goals.

To attended Hunter College, one should be ready to commit to attending school, working hard and setting time aside to complete the work that is given by the professors. You must be very committed to your goals (major and the classes you are going to take). There are many deadlines and you have to be responsible for meeting them. You have to be passionate about your major in order not to lose interest in your dream and also so that you can meet people that have equal passion. Then more passion develops and this keeps you motivated until graduation.

A person who likes to be with their friends (outside of the college) instead of accomplishing their dreams and visions for their lives because there is much one has to do to make college work for one self should never consider attending Hunter College. If you are easily distracted, then Hunter college is not for you because you have to be focused on the goals - learning, passing your classes and graduating. If you are not sure of your vision for your career, it makes difficult to make decisions regarding classes so gain a focus of what you want to study.

Jasleen

After graduation from high school, everyone dreams about going to college. Just like everyone else, I did too. I consisderd myself very fortuante to be able to attend a college like Hunter College, which was founded in 1870. It is one of the oldest colleges in the country, which lies in Manhattan, everyone's dream location to visit one day. Hunter College offeres more than 170 programs to their students. Undoubtedly, it is as diverse as New York City. Coming to the staff, it is very caring and concered about a student's needs and always look forwad to help.

Hunter College is located in Manhattan, which is one of busiest cities in the world. This leads to many other consequences. Being that its busiest, its very loud. If a person does not like being about so many people, I would say this college is not for him/her. Here, everyone runs on a tight schedule with very less time for socialization. If a person loves to drive to school and not use public transportation, then this could hold them back too since its pretty hard to get around with a car.

Jay

The school is very populated and in middle of the city, so to be recognized you have to do extremely good.

First, I would tell myself to start working out. I would want to work out to become physically fit, so I could maintain my body through my college years. I am not saying you cannot work out through your college years, but it becomes more difficult when you have to read and comprehend, so many things. You sit and read a lot of the time. I would also tell myself to pick up more books and listen to less television and radio. The faster you could read and understand, the more time you will have for other activities. You do not just want to read textbooks; you should also read different literatures, which you can get recommended by my English teachers. You want good literature to increase your communication skills, which will me projected in your speech and your writing. Lastly, do not be too focused on woman too much they come and go, make sure you focus on yourself and your studies because you’re the only person you will be number one to. Be kind to all, it is better to have friends than enemies.

Someone that is not dedicated to their studies.

Wendy

The Fashion Institute of Technology is the best college in Manhattan to learn the most of the fashion industry, it is filled with opportunities and networking chances.

Dear Wendy, Don't be so stressed when applying to colleges. You will get into your first choice, FIT. College transition will be easy for you, since you already have taken pre-college classes there. The most important factor you need to know is that real world experiences are just as important as going to class. Follow your dreams and achieve the most you can by applying to internships that interest you the most. In the fashion industry, networking is key to attaining a future career. Make and keep relationships with industry professionals. They will come in handy later in life. Get a great planner! You will need it. Going to college full-time while working part-time in retail will fill up your schedule. You will need to be organized. Keep your priorities in mind, work hard everyday because people notice. Something really important to remember is to always keep your confidence. Be calm because college can get frustrating, it is all in the way you handle situations. Most importantly, enjoy the ride! Make as many friends as you can. College years go by quick. One day you will reminisce over your college years. Sincerely, Yourself in Three Years

The processs of administration, whether it be admissions or registration the process seems to be unorganzied.

Yrely

I really want to start a Master Degree at City College in order to acquire new knowledge and get involved in all the information that I didn’t learn during my career. Another reason to get involved in a Master Degree is that we, as students with masters can put in service what we have learned to the community and in that way, it will be a double benefit. It will be a benefit for the students we teach and it will also be a benefit to us because there is not better feeling than to serve others. In a Master Degree program, colleges have the most prepare teachers and I am really interested in learning from their experiences and follow their path. I really think that if you provide me this scholarship, I will prove you how great I can perform academically and it is also a great opportunity to become part of a different culture. For any question, please contact me at 646-401-8902 and 347-641-3702. My email address is yreysantana@hotmail.com. God bless you a lot!

I will attend to City College this Spring 2011 to do a Master Degree based on Early Childhood Education. City College is an environment in which all kind of people can get in, such as undergraduate and graduate students.

Alvaro

the school that im currently attendign is best known for its profoundly diverse majors and curriculem. My school has students that come from all over the world and has been ranked top three colleges that are affordable in the country in 2008

my college experience has taught me discipline time management, responsibility and more what else can I say? Besides the beautiful facilities and professional faculty, college has made from an almost delinquent adolescent with no direction in life into a well developed academically and culturally enriched individual with goals and a direction in life. i really hope i can use this money to continue my education as my family and i cant afford the continuation of my education no more.

the fact that it is beautifully located in new york city and the amount of pretty girls there are among student activities and clubs

• $0

Spanish-American Institute administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.