Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology-Tulsa Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology-Tulsa

Maria

I recently graduated from Spartan with my associate's degree in avionics maintenance technology. Everyone told me how challenging the course would be, but it wasn't. It was beyond boring for me personally. The equipment is VERY outdated, you hardly touch newer equipment, even towards the end of your degree. The staff is all really friendly, they will do anything to make sure you succeed. There's a few tours od nearby facilities for prospective jobs, which is awesome. The school schedule is either a love or hate kind of thing. 7:30-2:30 with a 40 minute lunch break, and a few other 10 minute breaks. On the main campus there is no on campus food. We have a roach coach in the morning at break, but the cafetaria doesn't serve any food. On campus housing isn't bad. You get four bedrooms, two baths, a full kitchen and washer & dryer. Some of the people living there are sketchy, but you can switch rooms pretty easily. Security has tightened up but there's plenty of weekend parties. It's suppose to be a dry campus, but they don't control that very well. The bedrooms come furnished with a full sizd bed, a large desk, a desk chair, and a dresser. No children or animals are allowed. The male to female ratio is/was 12 men to every 1 female. A lot of sexual harassment happens and goes unnoticed, even from some of the instructors. The dorms are if-fy for females. The school feels safe, but I didn't feel safe at the dorms. I would recommend an apartment off campus. The school is in a bad area of town so I would go a few miles out. There's quite a few apartments on 71st between 169 and Yale that are reasonable priced and less than a 20 minute drive. There's also a few off 21st and 169 that are a 5/10 minute drive tops from the school that are in a good area and reasonably priced. A lot of the restaurants and retail places always have job openings, especially off Memorial or 71st. The casinos around town are also really good places to work during school to help financially. Overall, I regret spending a year and a half at Spartan College. I wouldn't recommend it, especially at their prices. For avionics majors, Wichita Area Technical College has a really nice, updated/modernized program. Not only do you learn on older models, you also frequently use newer models too. Their price is less than a third of Spartan's and the Wichita area is a bit cheaper to live in. (My sister went to this college and truly recommends it!) The school is more than three aviation majors, ao while you're still getting a well rounded education, you're also getting a bit more of a college experience. As far as a college experience at Spartan, you have a club that specializes in that major, and student council. Four clubs all together, no sports, and crappy dorms. I wouldn't recommend to people fresh out of high school, or many females.

Jason

Going to Spartan College was one of the best decisions I could've made for myself. I'm now a professional pilot thanks to the training and overall experience I had at Spartan. If you want to fly, learn here. They are the best.

Brian

As one of the oldest and well known flight schools in America, you certainly learn from the best. In my time at Spartan, I never felt uncomfortable with asking questions or seeking help. I gained valuable insight into a career in aviation before actually starting my career. I can confidently say that Spartan College prepared me well.

Rio

I am currently enrolled at Spartan College and I'm having a good experience learning how to fly. I feel I am learning the proper skills to ensure a career after graduation!

Liam

I was able to do the “hybrid” program at Spartan College, with half of it being online and the other half hands on in the classroom. Because when I was in at Spartan I was working fulltime to support my family, being able to take some of the course online was a huge help for my family and me. The staff at Spartan College was helpful as well.

Steven

You will learn to fly. The instructors are usually pretty good. They are mostly former flight students who are working on their BBA. The school is Nationally Accredited (NOT Regionally) which means most of your credits will not transfer. That has been my experience anyway.

Brandon

N/A Its sdkl;fjddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Sawyer

Like any college there are amazing, mediocre and absurdity terrible teachers. But this school weeds out the people who don't try from the ones who do. The student life is diverse and that makes the experience all the more amazing. There is an abundance of military and civilian life on campus; which if you can walk the walk, everyone gets along fine.

Micheal

I love that its such a close together school in the sense that we all work together great. All of the teachers are very good even me doing an online class its still easy and done right. Also i dont live in the state of my school and it is still super easy to reach or get any questions answered.

Donald

It is a huge scam to take money away from the government and students and it is such a dirty and it’s falling apart,the teachers are not real teachers but factor workers ,it was the biggest mistake I have ever made their good reviews are fakeThe bathrooms with no ventilation smells like rotten animals they treat people of color like they are nothing and ministration will find every excuse to attack you when They see fit