Spartanburg, SC
Spartanburg Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Spartanburg Community College

Kristen

Attending Spartanburg Community College was different than I thought it would be. There is a wide variety of ages with the students attending. That is to be expected since it is a community college but it is fairly enjoyable to know that other people are going back to college, so it gives a sense of encouragement that even if I do fail or happen to drop out, I know that SCC is willing to take me back and help me get back on my feet with my education. The staff is very friendly and have no problems at all if I have any questions or need anything.

Ritthy

I am currently attending Spartanburg Community College as a high school student. I am part of a program where high school students, like myself, would take college courses at the college campus. I'm a senior now, and I've seen no flaws with this community college. The campus is changing every so often to help students ease their stress which is something I approve of. Plus, there are multiple small events students can attend.

David

I love where to location is, it's helping get out , and doing stuff more.

I love where to location is, it's helping get out , and doing stuff more.

Tiffany

Great school for me and my current situation. Glad to be finishing! Professors were always easy to work with. They really wanted me to succeed. Classes were set at times that I could work my work schedule around and I had all of my credits transfer in to save time on my degree.

Bonnie

I am a full-time student and live at home (there is no on-campus housing). I'm in the Phi Theta Kappa honor society and work with the student literary magazine. Overall, I'm very involved on campus with both students and staff. The school is lackluster culturally, but Student Life is working to fix that. Because we're a community college with students from a variety of backgrounds that don't live on campus, it's hard to generate interest and hold events at times convenient for students to attend. The honor society is gaining more members and becoming very involved in the community, and the literary magazine is growing as well. There are also technology, medical, and horticulture clubs on campus. Most teachers are happy to help - some of the best relationships I've developed in my life over the past two years have been with my counselor and teachers. While not all the teachers are great, most want to help you succeed and will work with you to understand the concepts they teach (and provide great reference letters!). I do recommend this school for someone looking for an affordable 2-year degree (in my case, I'll be transferring to a university to finish my bachelor's). They have many different classes held at multiple times to best suit your schedule and have an online course for almost every class they offer if you can't find a scheduled class time that works for you. The reason I gave the school 3 stars is because it can be extremely difficult to work with the business and financial aid offices - they're understaffed and there's often a lack of communication. You have to be active in communicating with them to make sure you're taken care of quickly and effectively. Many of my friends have worked with them without a problem, so maybe it's just my personal experience. In spite of these difficulties, both my scheduling and financial aid counselors were great about making sure these issues were resolved.

ethan

Go to class! Seriously not showing up even one day can hinder you so bad in some subjects. Break up your days of studying and actually take it seriously. It is easy if you put your mind into it but dont let anything get in your way!. Also make friends in college get out there and meet new people you only get one chance in school make it count! Dont spend your time in your dorm room skipping class to play video games or worried about your girlfriend that is accross the state. You have to look out for you and these classes are a breeze. The better you do the less stressed you will be!

The class room sizes are small, so you really get hands on time with each professor and are able to get help directly from them as needed.

Any student not sure what their major in, and for a easy transition either back into the college insitutions or first time.

Rohelyn

The advice I would give myself would be push myself to the best I can be and to always try. I believe that is important because giving up without even trying is no effort. In the college life, I always have to push myself because I’m preparing for my own future and what I want to become but in order to do that, I need to always try my best and always push my myself with positive thoughts. I wouldn’t procrastinate because it just puts more stress on myself. The faster I get things done, the more I can do other things I need to do. Another advice is to never give up because in my opinion, if you want something really bad, you have to fight for it no matter how hard it will be or how long or even what obstacles it puts you through. Anything is possible if you fight for it and never give up. Having time-management is also important because you want to have time for school work, other things in life, and also your own personal life. Those advice will help a lot in high school, college, and life after college.

Gloria

I think this is funny, because I wrote a blog about going back in time to talke to my younger self. If I could communicate with my seventeen self I think the person I was would have passed out (in shock.) Left alone in the nurses office after I had awaken from my shock I hope I read the note in my pant's pocket. Dear Gloria, I am sorry I scared you. I had one chance to come back and tell you some pretty important stuff. Consider me a genie who has granted you three wishes: --Join the military (it was one thing you never regretted) --Do marry that guy in Charleston (you and he will divorce but you will get two terrific kids) --Go after your education while in service and get your degree. One more think if you tell anybody about this they might lock you up in a nut house. Sincerely, You (me) Gloria

I would tell pre-senior citizens like myself to not doubt themself. I would advise them to think positive, believe positve, seek positive and achieve positive results. Despite life ups and down we have maturity and experience on our side and attending Spartanburg Community College has been very rewarding for me.

Committed. A person needs to be committed to themself. A person has to have the desire to learn and then the motivation to stay committed.

Sandra

"Gail, please listen to me." Even though you are about to give birth to your first son, it's still possible to go on to college and get a good education. I understand that may seem hard, but working dead end jobs, living paycheck to paycheck to provide for a family will be much harder without a college education. You have done well in school the last twelve years, and you cannot give up on your dreams because circumstances in your life have changed. The child's father doesn't want you to go on to college because of his own insecurities. You cannot let another person make this decision for you. There are programs that will help you financially while you are in school. Also, college is flexible, you can take classes part time while you work full time or vice versa. An education is something that noone can ever take away from you. It would also be the best gift you could ever possibly give yourself and your children.

Spartanburg Community College would be an excellent choice for students seeking a two year degree , or for those who may want to affordably complete their prerequistes in order to transfer to a full four year college. The college offers an array of programs as well as retraining programs for dislocated workers.

Spartanburg Community College offers an affordable variety of programs for students who have recently completed high school as well as adult students who have been away from school for many years.

Oh My Goodness! If I could turn back the hands of time! I would tell myself the things that I have told myself over and over and that I'm trying diligently trying to instill in my 11 year old son. I became involved in a romantic relationship as a junior in high school and became pregnant as a senior. In one year I became a full time wife and mother and still had to find a "real" job while completing my high school diploma. I know that God has a plan for my life (Jer 29:11), but I also know that God allowed me to go through major trials and suffering to make me the person I am today. I would tell myself and anyone willing to listen that love and the "idea" of it isn't all you need to survive! Education is so vitally important to your future. Enjoy your high school career, but make good choices. Live...really live while your parents are there to love , support you and provide your care...and love them in return! The future is wide open. Make every moment count! There are no second chances in life!

I wish I had known that college was going to require so much time. I still would have signed up for it, but I would have paced myself better. I also wish I had gained more insight in to the "computer" world. I wish I had made choices that would have benefited me in the long run as far as my educational future is concerned.

I am the perfect example of a non-traditional student! Spartanburg Community College has been a perfect fit for me to work towards obtaining my associate of arts so that i may transfer to a four year university to complete my degree. The teachers and advisors are wonders and they go out of their way to ensure success for their students. There are also organizations within the college itself that help non-traditional students with book purchase, tutoring, techinical experience and many other opportunities. It it weren't for Spartanburg Community College, I wouldn't have made it this far!

Spartanburg Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.