Southfield, MI
Specs Howard School of Media Arts

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Specs Howard School of Media Arts

Aniya

When I first came into Specs Howard I immediately felt welcomed. Its something about the ora in the building that makes you feel welcome. Everyone in the staff that I have met is very kind and warm. They make you excited to attend class because everyone is just so nice. when looking alone for their school reviews, everyone says nothing but great things about the school.

Nathan

I have been attending Specs Howard for 8 months and it has been the best experience that I have ever had at a college. The teachers are very knowledgeable and most of them attended Specs as well. The learning is hands on so you get to dig in and learn right from the start. Going to Specs Howard has definitely set me up to get out in the industry and to be confident that I know how to do all of the requirements that will be expected of me. I would recommend Specs Howard to anyone who is interested in broadcast media or digital media! You will not be disappointed!

Ifeoma

It is focused on broadcast media arts and gives me hands-on experience and education needed to build a career in journalism.

I would tell myself to get to know my professors by attending office hours, staying after lecture to chat with them more and participate more in lecture classes. That way, it would be less challenging to requests letter-of-reccomendations because my professors would have a better understanding of who I am and vice versa. Also, I would suggest that if within the first two weeks of classes that I did not find a class appealing or found it diffcult to sit through, to drop the class immediately. By dropping the class or swapping it for a new class, I could save myself the trouble of possibly failing the course, especially if I am not taking the course as a pass/fail.

They offer an intensive 12-year program that can be challenging at times.

Whichever are you choose to study, you have nothing but hands on experience in all fields, just as you would if you actaully had a job in that particular field of your choice.

Don't waste any time on "trying to figure out" what you want to do. It may seem like you have "time" to find what you want to do, but if I could have planned ahead I would have. Figure out what you want out of school, and do it. Time is really never on your side, you must grasp the oppurtunity to better your education while you are able to. Lifes too short to waste your education and for those who are wasting away their oppurtunities at hand, Id be glad to take over and use it for my own benfit than to see it go to waste.

Although it is only a 12 month program, you receive more hands on learning there than you would a unversity. The programs are directed only towards what you want specifically. You can also transfer your credits to another university, such as Lawrence Tech Univ, which is where I plan on continuing after Specs.

Han

Specs Howard School of Broadcast Arts offers "hands on" training in the classrooms, and their job placement program has over an 80% success rate.

Regretfully, the year of 2003, I did not complete my senior year of highschool. After unsuccessfully trying to go back in 2004, and trying to complete an adult education program later in 2004, I finally returned to obtain my GED in 2005. For myself, I didn't complete my highschool education until I was entirely ready to give it my all. If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior, knowing what I know now, things probably wouldn't have changed. I will admit that I was a very stubborn teen, and didn't take much advice from people, no matter how helpful. Although it would have been better for me to have done things right the first time, I feel that I am in a better position NOW to return to school than I would have been THEN. After 5 years of being absent from a classroom, today, I am more mature in my mind set when it comes to my schooling. I value education more now than I did as a teenager, and therefore feel that I will be MORE successful in pursuing my education now as oppose to have done so at age 18.

Unfortunately, I cannot answer this question to the best of my ability. My classes do not start until March 2, 2010, so I'm not sure what the most frustrating thing about my school is.

• $0

Specs Howard School of Media Arts administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.