Lexington, KY
Spencerian College-Lexington

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Spencerian College-Lexington

Ebone

My classmates are eager to learn.

My classmates are eager to learn.

I would tell myself not to go until I knew what I wanted to do, develop a plan, and stick to it. I would also tell myself to finish school when I start and not to let anything distract me from that goal. Don't worry about parties, friends, or money. Just get the education needed so I wouldn't have to work two jobs and go to school as an adult. That is what I am doing now. I would tell myself to communicate better with my professors and not to be intimidated if I need help. That's what professors are their for. If they didn't want to help, continue on and find someone that will. Also, report that professor to the president of the university. Finally, I would tell my self to stay organized and if possible, finish assignment before the due date.

You all didn't have my school on your list but, I attend Strayer University. The best thing about my school is that it works around my work schedule. It is geared toward working adults that want to further their education, but still have to work. I work two jobs and go to school and Strayer was the best option. The professors are also their to help and give advice forschool and real life.

I would tell myself to be more open minded in selecting a school. In the beginning I only wanted to attend a large university (The University of Kentucky). I realize now that in no way was a large school right for me. I would tell myself to stay focused, and not let outside influences affect the rest of my life. Looking back, I wish I had realized the importance of establishing credit, networking, and keeping school and personal life seperate. It has taken me three years to finally find my stride, and now I feel secure in a future, and feel as though I have a goal. Those three years before I found my school were spent feeling lost and hopeless because I had no direction. The general classes frustrated me because I never felt that I was getting any closer to an actual career. In today's society, you need more than just an Associate's degree in the Arts and Sciences. It is much more lucritive to have a special area of study, and be seen as an individual, rather than apply for the general jobs that the rest of the population of graduates are after.

My school was not listed on the menu of schools. I attend Sullivan University. Sullivan has given me a new passion for pursuing my education. I have a renewed sense of self-worth. My teachers are helpful and attentitive and know each student by more than just a number. My school is very personal and interactive. I have had the same few professors my entire time here, and I have really grown to respect each of them as teachers, and as attorneys.

I wish I had known more about this school. I spent basically three years of college not having a direction. I wish I had looked into this school from the very beginning, when I first graduated high school. I feel that I am on a career path now, that had I known more, I could have been on three years ago.

Spencerian College-Lexington administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.