Spokane Falls Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Spokane Falls Community College

Great school! Overall a young student population. Lots of running start students and foreign exchange students there. Campus is very pretty, most of the buildings are relatively new. Gym was recently remodeled and is very nice. Teachers are available to students. Tutors and learning resources readily available to students.

Dalton

Wish I wouldn't have gone here.

Jordan

It's a great stepping stone to getting a bachelor's at a four-year school. It's cheaper to go to a two-year school and complete the rest at a four-year school than it is to spend all four years at the one school. SFCC has really great mathematics professors, including Dr. Wildman and Dr. Cripe, who are willing to help you on your academic journey and point you in the right direction.

Dante

I absolutely adore SFCC! I have been a Running Start Student here for two years and I am sad that my time here has come to an end. This school is extremely diverse in every single way possible. There are people from all over the world, people of all ages and people who just wanted to stay close to home. SFCC is the place I feel the safest other than my own home. Campus security is extremely nice and the staff on campus are just amazing in every single way. Most of the instructors are there because they went to a community college and while they are so good that they should be instructing at bigger "better" institutions, they all wanted to give back to the community that raised them. If SFCC were a 4-year college, I would definitely have stayed here if given the choice. People say that community college isn't as good as a 4-year, but I can say wholeheartedly that no other school, 4-year or not, could ever compare to the experience and the education you gain at SFCC.

Emma

Just a community college, so not a ton of hosted events, but there are plenty of clubs and groups to join. Whatever you're interest, you'll probably find a community. The first weekend when all the clubs set up booths is a great place to find something you may be interested in. Most of the professors, as well, are very caring and really want to make sure you understand the material. Lots of classes to choose from.

Lainey

This is a beautiful campus, but it definitely has the "community college" feel to it. I come to get my degree, not socialize. Some of the professors are really amazing. Hearing conversations concerning alcohol or drugs in the parking lot is not uncommon, but I have never felt unsafe on campus. If you attend here, be your own advocate. Communication from SFCC is sometimes lacking.

Phillip

The campus and the overall tone of the school is extremely liberal in regards to creating environments of safety first, then providing the academia necessary to succeed. The online courses offered there are extremely challenging but offer the necessary gateway to a degree or certificate if one cannot physically be on campus.

Kenneth

I find the college very accessible and friendly. The instructors seem caring and have willingness to help and find you the help you need if they can't. I found everyone friendly and helpful no matter where i went on campus. I found those on campus well informed and knowledgeable. The campus is nice and open and they are in the process of updating and remodel part of the campus currently. I have enjoyed my time on campus and those around me.

Marissa

Spokane falls is a nice place to start off your college education! Everything you need to succeed is right there on campus and the faculty and other students are all very helpful. One thing I really enjoy about Spokane falls is that the campus is beautiful, especially in the fall there are a lot of trees on campus so when the leaves start to fall it is defiantly a sight to see.

Cassandra

It’s a great place to get an education. It’s not expensive and you make encounters with tons of different people. Most of the teachers are nice and very understanding especially if you have a kid they just want to make sure you get the education you came there to get.

Aristides

Well, this is my first year of college ever and so far, it is a lot of fun! Being a full time student and having a job at the same time sometimes feels a little overwhelming, but all of my professors understand because they too were once college/university students. I like the mood that lives within this college. The buildings look fantastic and everything is clean. I love that I still see some of my old high school friends, and then I go on to introduce them to new friends I've made. Overall, I am yet to be disappointed in Spokane Falls Community College.

I love the teachers, most of the teachers want you to learn and succeed and the ones who don't are few and far between. The campus always has some sort of extra activity going on, it's very fun! There is free tutoring, and most teachers are fine with being contacted for questions. I love going to SFCC

Ellis

SFCC is a good college in general. The teachers are friendly and helpful for the most part, and the classes are pretty good. Sometimes, however, the classes seem a bit too easy, but it is a community college so it is understandable. Their new facilities are great, but they have work to do on the older ones.

Brianne

SFCC is very safe and secure. Also have a lot of resources for students. However, the can improve on letting students know about these resources better. It can be hard to find out things, especially if you don't ask the right the question. But the instructors are very friendly ad most are willing to help you improve. Also you can make friends anywhere here. Also there are a lot of technical programs and majority of the time you will be with the same people each quarter and that really helps with building bounds. This school is really great but it can use some improvements in resources.

This a a great place to get started on your path. I am here as a transfer students and loving my Experience. The staff are great at helping along the way and the large variety of clubs means I am never bored. There is always something to be doing on campus.

John

Spokane Falls Community College is a great school compared to other community colleges. It allows you to work on your degree while not breaking the bank. Professors are more willing to work with you and have a greater interest in seeing you successes. There is always something gong on around campus to do. People from all walks of life come here to further their education and this makes campus a interesting place to be.

Oscar

There are many perks that go along with going to a community college, especially one that is located in a city like Spokane. When you enroll at Spokane Falls Community College you are able to become a part of a diverse community of students that share one common goal, that is to earn a degree in order to become a successful member of society. SFCC [as the students call it] gives students all the necessary tools to accomplish great things academically, athletically, artistically, and musically, through the well-maintained facilities, knowledgeable instructors, advisors, and faculty that are there for the well-being of their students. It's location in the heart of Spokane, Washington, also allows students to partake in different activities and functions that help students wind-down after class, a study session or an important test. There are many concert venues, some sports complexes, job opportunities, and many other outdoor activities that enable a student to have fun on their off-time. I would definitely recommend Spokane Falls Community College to anyone that is interested in earning a degree in a smaller class setting.

Julie

Spokane falls is good in total, with a huge and diverse body, however everything is expensive and, occasionally, you will get a teacher that doesn't really know what theyre doing. On the flip side, class sizes are small, 50 being large, which allow for more intimate learning.

Tristan

Spokane falls Community College offers many opportunities despite being a community college. from hearing from others the science department could be better but it is good none the less. The computer science and engineering programs I hear are great. I am currently a music student I love the music department and the advisers that work there they try their best to help you when you are having touble and due to small classes can actually go to your pace if needed.

emerald

The professors are all pretty amazing and dedicated to the student, especially for such a small college. However, that being said, it is a very small college and not very well developed socially or otherwise. You don't really get a feel of belonging to the college so much you do as going to the college.

Spokane Falls Community College is a fun, safe, and enjoyable school and work place. The faculty and staff truly care about their students. SFCC has clubs for everybody and anybody who wants to join. There are welcome weeks, as well. SFCC employees are there to help their students achieve their goals.

Lawrence-Terence

Spokane Falls Community College provides a variety of highly qualified instructors that truly care about their students and their ability to achieve success. Throughout my two years as a student on this campus, I have not met a single professor who was not willing and able to do what it took to ensure my success in his/her class. If I were ever experiencing significant trouble on a subject, I was always able to attend tutoring sessions at the tutoring centers on campus. These tutors are always helpful and have assisted me in achieving a higher grade on future assignments and exams. Overall, my experience on this campus has been exceptional. I highly recommend applying for the American Honors program as it will assist you on your journey as a student and will allow you to achieve more than you had thought possible!

Natalie

Spokane Community College is a great place for students, who don't know what they want to do for a career yet, like I was my first year out of High School. As well as older adults who are looking to broaden their learning to better themselves. It is also a great place for students to save money for the same two-year classes you would take at a University, my total savings has been over $30,000. The staff and professors are usually very helpful and have made the process of getting my AA degree as smoothly as possible. As I graduate in 2017, I will remember Spokane Community College as a safe, laid back campus with plenty of opportunity to expand your educational horizons. I will be well prepared as I move onto University of Idaho.

Tayor

Spokane Falls Community College is a true community. The class sizes are perfect so you have a perfect ratio between student and professor. Professor's are always helpful and they care about the quality of education. This college wants to see it's students do well and makes sure that they help them do well. Everyone you meet is truly friendly and helpful.

Reagan

I attended Spokane Falls Community College's Graphic Design program. It was a program that required a portfolio and an interview and had a strict class size limit, which I found was a positive. Our teachers had the opportunity to get to know our personalities and design styles, and they were always available after classes (when their schedules said so, of course). They were all experienced in their fields and well connected. We were given invaluable feedback. We were given projects and deadlines, just like we would if we had been working for money. The projects we were working on made great portfolio pieces. We regularly had professionals come in to talk to us about their experience, and we were encouraged to network with them. As for the school not relating to my program, I only have a few things. The bathrooms are cleaned regularly, no downsides there. The school itself is pretty far away from anything else, but every fifteen minutes a bus arrives that will take you to the center of Downtown Spokane in 10-15 minutes. There's no on campus housing, but there are multiple apartment complexes near the school.

Toluwani

Good academic environment, not not a lot of student involvement, because mist students are either working or are taking online classes. Adding to that, it is a branch of Community Colleges of Spokane, so it's less populated compared to the headquarters

Aliyah

I have loved all of the classes I have taken, the professors are easy to get ahold of, and they are very enthusiastic. The campus is very pretty, especially in the spring, and it is always very clean. I would say that the humanities buildings are not as nice as the science and mathematics buildings though. It is also hard to find out about extracurricular activities at times as well.

Overall, I have loved my experience at Spokane Falls Community College. Half of my schooling was done online, the interface if very user friendly and the teachers were very understanding. The half I did on campus was also great. Parking is easily accessible, and so are the professors. I would recommend this college every time.

Issiah

I haven't started school yet. Getting scheduled for Fall classes was easy and the counselors were easily available to ask questions and get valid answers. Emailing advisors/counselors is very convenient. The student portal is easy to access and navigate around.

Lisa

My overall opinion of Spokane Falls Community College is that it is an amazing College with lots of courses to choose from. The atmosphere is very inviting and easy to get around. All the students get along well and are always willing to help each other.

December

It is a really excellent school that puts a lot of effort into making sure all of their students are taken care of. It has an excellence arts and music program and an amazing sports and workout facilities. All of my professors are extremely accessible, and they make it easy to get the help you need even outside of class.

Quan

It is a good school. However, in some cases, they need more than 1 instructor in each class department

Victoria

Spokane Falls Community College is a great school. All the teachers I have had really care about the students and make things as easy to learn as possible. Because it is a community college I think the students take it more seriously. There are no dorms or greek life, so students are focused on what they are there for and that is learning.

Jeff

Audio engineering program is very good. I've been impressed by the knowledge the instructors have about the technical aspects of digital audio recording and live sound productions, and the musical skills of the professors is very good. The campus is clean and safe. The only drawback is that the parking police are quick to give out parking tickets, so make sure you get a parking pass before school starts.

Axel

I have enjoyed my time at Spokane Falls CC.