Spring Arbor University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Spring Arbor University

I love this school so much! The academics are rigorous and challenging, the professors attentive and knowledgeable, and the community life-giving and fun. I adore all of the professors in my major and I know they will always be there to help me through papers and research projects. Also, a shout out to the honors program! I love the set up of the EP Hart Honors program, what with the extensive reading and insightful classroom discussions. I have only been at SAU for one year, but I can feel myself growing leaps and bounds!

Tom

They do a GREAT job of cashing your checks!

I love the community at Spring Arbor. As an athlete, I really appreciate the support from my student body. The professors here are generally super helpful. I've only just transferred into the Gainey school of Business but the whole department has been nothing but welcoming. Almost everyone person is rooting for your success here and wants to help you get there. I've had many sit down meetings with a career advisor who has helped me create a resume and look for internship/job opportunities. Another amazing tool that I've been able to utilize is the alumni network. Spring Arbor sets up relationships between current students and past students who are already successful in the field. The only complaints I have with the school are related to its outdatedness. The facilities and the rules are outdated. First, the facilities, our science facility could use a facelift. We don't have the most up to date equipment HOWEVER we do graduate some of the top science related majors in the country. Another is the rules, there are very few places that students of all genders can be at the same time. This a very small, extremely inconvenient problem. Our "open hours" are one day during the week and then a few hours each day on the weekend. Especially because campus is small and in the middle of nowhere, I think that the open hours should be changed to a more reasonable amount.

Branden

Spring Arbor University is an incredibly welcoming school. I am a non-trad student who works full-time and have a toddler at home and the teachers understand how difficult school is for students in my position and they really try to accommodate for challenges that students face. Being a transfer student from a local community college I can attest to how truly great and understanding the teachers are compared to other colleges. Even though SAU is a Christian college, I have never felt out of place for not believing in the faith. I am extremely thankful to have been accepted into SAU.

Grace

Spring Arbor University is a school that is heavily involved in the lives of the students. Located in a small town, Spring Arbor University is the most amazing campus community I have ever been to. There is always a place for people to express themselves, create more diversity, and debate difficult topics. I can not say enough amazing things about Spring Arbor University.

Lainey

I love SAU with all my heart. My fellow students are so loving and Christ-centered and the professors are always here for you. They sincerely care about their students!The community here is outstanding and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I am so pleased with my education so far!

Andrew

Spring Arbor University is one of the best colleges for someone who is looking for an education that centers itself in Wesleyan tradition. While most of the teachers are religious and the classes often have a basis in Christian thought, it is certainly not a "Bible College" and every religion, including the lack of one, is accepted (although intellectual debate over beliefs and views should be expected regardless of religion). It is certainly the safest place to be, as it exists miles away from any large cities and the town it is in is barely larger than the campus. In terms of social life there isn't nearly as much to do there compared to other larger colleges, but the academic teaching style and quality of education is hard to beat. With small class sizes the teachers are able to personally consult with students about problems and questions, making it a very positive experience for any student who puts the effort in to succeed. The technological programs are a little light due to budget constraints but for liberal arts educations it is probably one of the best experiences that someone can have who is pursuing such a degree.

I spent a semester here and I have to say that although the profs. are great and the services are excellent with a huge library to study in. The rest of my time here was rather disappointing and I feel really let down by this school. It is great....if you are under 23 and can live on campus. If you are over 23 years old they kick you to the side in one of the off campus apartments. It feels like living in a regular apartment where there is no meetings, no teams. They have tons of team games and things to do if you are in a dorm, but if you are off campus you are out of luck. Maybe you can have some fun if you join a club or have friends on campus. Otherwise..good luck. I spent my semester feeling excluded and forgotten and eventually was spending more time at home than anywhere else and only really came for class time.

Marisa

I'm very excited to be attending Spring Arbor in the fall. The campus is so clean and well maintained. The students and staff as genuinely nice and caring and eager to off help. I love the variety of academic majors, the sports they offer and the clubs and activities they offer the students. They have provided and great learning environment for their students.

Annika

Spring Arbor University is a wonderful school with a powerful community. I have enjoyed my time there. While I may have some complaints here and there, overall, the my praises of the university far outweigh those complaints. If you want to go to a university and excel in your field while being both challenged and supported by professors and fellow students in your personal journey through faith, then Spring Arbor University is the place for you!

Whitney

The professors and colleagues are well worth attending SAU for. The environment fosters close friendship, and the professors are intentional and genuinely care about their students' education. I grew significantly in my faith and in my moral fiber through inter-student discussion and debate, and feel as though that experience was priceless. SAU is an environment that also is encouraging for academic success, and I felt that I would not have been as successful would there have been as many distractions as I've heard about at some other universities. If you're looking for a party scene, this school isn't for you. If you're looking for deep friendships, and an individual learning experience, it very well might be. There also is not much around; if you want to go out to eat or shopping, you drive 10 miles or so to Jackson.

Ally

My overall opinion of Spring Arbor University would be, they have a lot of obstacles to overcome being a Christian based University. They are always looking to improve and work on becoming a better University. The professors love their students and work their hardest so their students can succeed. The President is very involved in the community life at SAU. They keep the campus and students safe. They have a strong student life and community surrounding the campus. Academics is high priority at SAU and also, sports is a big part of SAU. I have enjoyed my time there and blessed with the strong friendships I have made there.

I am a single mother that enjoys learning. I enjoy Spring Arbor University but I am in a cohort in another city. Petoskey has a Spring Arbor cohort that is in North Central Michigan College. The advisor is very nice as well as the professors. The classes are one night a week, which is nice.

I love Spring Arbor. The positive atmosphere of the school is astounding! When I first came I felt included and safe and like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. There is always something to do on the weekends and by the end of the first semester you get to know about half the people on campus.

JOANNA

I love the atmosphere and education that I am receiving at Spring Arbor. The teachers really care about the students making sure that students understand their work. It is also a Christian University and have the opportunity to pray along with reading the bible. It is a good feeling to know that others agree with your beliefs.

Niema

I Love my school a lot, it is a great school to prepare us to live for Christ in a dying world! The professors are almost always available and willing to help us students with whatever we need. If we are struggling with anything (grades, life, decisions, etc.) there is always someone to go to who will encourage you and have good intentions in being a shoulder to cry on and a friend to depend on! Spring Arbor is a great school for people who want to learn and live a happy healthy all around life!

Molly

I visited Spring Arbor on a college campus tour and really loved it! It was so awesome! Everyone was so nice and helpful, so genuine. I am truly considering going there and really think other should too! It's a great school! No complaints. Very impressed!

Kelly

The staff is very helpful and understanding. Always only a phone call away

Spring Arbor University is a very wonderful place to learn. It is a very unique learning experience and can be a perfect fit. The professors are very active outside of the classroom and will do anything to help you. Campus life is wonderful, considering the size of the school. Athletics are a hit, and everyone on campus comes to support their peers!

Spring Arbor is honestly an amazing school. They professors are genuine people who do the best they can to help you succeed. There are a lot of activities to be apart of on the campus, you never have to worry about not feeling safe while walking alone. It's overall a great place to be whether you are a Christian or not.

Eli

Spring Arbor University is an amazing college based on the pursuit of a significant impact on society through the teachings of Jesus Christ. All of the students are devoted not only to their education, but also to the people around them, and sharing their faith in Christ. The professors are all dedicated to their jobs, constantly available to help students with their work, as well as mentor them through life. Overall, Spring Arbor is truly a great college that promotes significance and attempts to provide all of their students with opportunities that will help them throughout their lives outside of college.

I love Spring Arbor University. It is a place of extreme growth and community. Spring Arbor is a place for deep friendship that is supported by intentional campus events to cultivate these relationships. It is a liberal arts school that pushes cross knowledge across different fields. This pushes students to excel in the work place. I love this school, and I wouldn't go anywhere else.