Mobile, AL
Spring Hill College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Spring Hill College

Donna

The most important that I would go back in time to tell myself about choosing the college to attend would to do my own research not to depend upon others. My experience and choice of going back to college has been extremely worth it. Being raised by an older adopted parent who pretty much sheltered me from the things in life thinking it was for my benefit has taught me. Going back to my senior life in high school concerning college with older parent I would need to physically show the proof of what the things that would help my parents to accept me going to Spring Hill. By knowing that this school is family oriented and that the Professor are truly concerned about the students would really mean alot. Even being sheltered would make it more comfortable her to accept Spring Hill. I know that my adopted mother wanted the best for me, and she would really be proud of me now to see me succeeding in college. Overall Again I thank the Lord i was able to have an opportunity to experience the Spring Hill Life.

The best thing that I like about my school is that it is very family oriented. The Professors are awesome. The spirit of God is all over the campus. That's is the best thing that could take place at our school.

I wish that I had known the truth about the finances and loved that is shared at this school among the faculty, staff and students. the reason I say this is because I was told that Spring Hill was a very expensive college. I found this out not to be true. Also that this school was based on Catholics only which also was not the truth. I thank God that I had an opportunity to find out for myself. I plan to attend this school for my master's in Special Education.

Kristen

Being the one of the oldest Jesuit Colleges in the south.

Being the one of the oldest Jesuit Colleges in the south.

I would tell myself to not wait untill the last minuet to study, budget my money, and set aside a time to socialize and a time to study. I would remind myself not to worry about what other people think of me and to stay focused and remember why i have decided to go to college.

It is small so it allows you to have one on one time with your teachers, and it is not hard to make friends.

Kristopher

My classmates are competition for me to be more successful in my schooling.

My classmates are competition for me to be more successful in my schooling.

Make sure you can balance your life out more. Make sure that you apply for every possible scholarship possible. Study hard because it is easy not to study...

The most frustrating thing about school is that I am a commuter to school because i cannot afford to live on campus and i want to... Also it is hard to balance school, social life, and work so i can get to school....

Myia

I would tell myself to be prepared for a more intense curriculum than in high school. I would tell myself not to be afraid of the change and embrace it and make the most out of it. I would tell myself never to give up and always remember that I have a great support system in my family, so if anything comes up I have my family to talk to. The most important thing is to keep god first and never get caught up in everything that I'm doing and forget that.

It's a close community and if you miss class or you get into trouble everyone knows about it.

A person that is: motivated, wants to be invoved in the community, outgoing, persistent , knows what they want , just an all around go-getter.

Overall, it is small, friendly, a second home.

Overall, it is small, friendly, a second home.

Emily, First off, don't be worried that you don't know what you want to do. You are young, and you'll grow and development more in your first year of college than you did all four years in highschool. Stick with taking core classes first instead of choosing an unsure major. You'll save more money and time that way. Don't feel rushed. You want to do so much, but when you realize what you want to do you'll feel at ease and know the right choice has been made. Secondly, even though you play volleyball, don't let it seclude you. You won't regret it. At times you'll feel low, but the experience will change you into a better person and you'll be an overcomer. Remain to be your friendly self, meet new people, and be there for others as they will be for you. Finally, enjoy every moment and give all you have in every element of your life. Life is too short and these years will fly by.

Hey You. go buy some sandles and sun glasses. leave most of your crap at home and bring the more essential living items. have microwave, minifridge and toaster oven, mini coffee maker. they'll come in handy when you have to midnight food cravings or have to stay up all night for school and need caffine to stay awake. Use the week nights for school not additional days to party. set up a workable desk area in your room. you cant go to the library for every assingment. accept it that the best political discussions involve you talking to a brick wall rather than most of the people you live with. WEAR Shower shoes. dont wait til you run out of underwear to do your laundry. walk around at night, its an awesome campus. take advantage of the resources in the library. they'll make your academic life a whole lot easier and less stressful. understand that the administration and athletic department don't have the same enthusiasm for starting a rugby club as you do. be ready to fill out loads of paper work if you want the rugby club to get any money from the student activities fund.

Nothing seems too important mainly because i didnt have any significant problems getting adjusted to college life at Spring Hill, which is 1000 miles away from my home.

Spring Hill is the most beautiful campus one could attend. we are one hour from three of the finest gulfcoast beaches. because our campus is within, but seperate from the City of Mobile only people who belong on campus are here which leads to a friendlier and safer atmosphere. We've got the best housing situations for all students compared to every other school i've ever been to. 18 hole gulf corse that costs next to nothing to play. there are always people looking to party any night of the week.

Payton

My school is best known for being a small Jesuit college. It's prestige comes from the great professors and courses that it offers.

Payton, I know this may be difficult to believe, but I am you one year from now in college. Please take the following advice and start thinking it over. I promise that it will help you be more happy and sucessful your freshman year at SHC. - Don't be scared to make friends! There are so many amazing people here! I know how much you will miss everyone, but keep your mind open. Be positve and outgoing! It will make things so much easier! - Start picking up better studing/time management habits. You have so much more free time in college, but it should be used productively. And stop thinking that just because you've already been accepted that you can slack off!! - Fill out more outside scholorship forms!! I know that you recieved a great scholarship from Spring Hill, but it won't cover eveything! Stop being lazy and just take some time to write a few essays! Enjoy the rest of your senior year! It flies by way too quickly. Prepare for college, and get excited, Payton, because you're going to have the time of your life here!

I wish that I would have known exactly what I wanted to major in before I came to school.

Mamie

I would tell myself not to be afarid to be exactly who I am. If you have to pretend to be someone else to make friends then they aren't the friends that you should have. Its okay to make mistakes, thats how you learn. Its not only important to know what to do but also not what to do. the next time around. Try new things and get out of your comfort zone, you will thank yourself later. Don't be so tough on yourself, you really are your toughest critic and you really can do anything you put your mind to. Take a moment for yourself and relax, theres no need to be so uptight and finnaly enjoy life to the fullest, its the only one you get.

How everyone on our campus feels like we are on big family.

Some times, we as students feel like the administration makes polices that are not really in the best interest of the students. They can be too harsh and restricting and makes us feel almost as if we are childre. We understand that rules are there for a reason but sometimes they can be too much and it is difficult to come to a compromise with the administration.

Matthew

Enjoy college but remember that you are there to study, meet as many people as you can, take the early classes, and don't be too hard on yourself because everyone at one point is going to go through a difficult time in college, be it either adjusting or a simple problem about it or the people in it.

The worst two things nout Spring Hill are the strict enforcement by the administration on several policies and the A- rule. The limitations of classes are also a bad thing along with the extensive amount of core that needs to be taken to graduate.

Any person honestly can come to Spring Hill and fel welcomed, and easily get along with one group of friends or another.

Daniel

Spring Hill College is a tremendous school of opportunity with a small class size which allows for individual and communal growth on a more personal basis while, at the moment, going through a process of transition due to the new principal which will bring about a chance to make the school a better institution for higher learning as well as personal, mental, and spiritual growth.

My classmates are, as I am, trying to find themselves in the scope of the world by learning to balance a variety of aspects which compose their being such as themselves as a student, boyfriend/girlfriend, family member, employee, future identity, friend, etc...

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would advise myself that college is not a continuation of previously acquired education but the beginning of an entirely unfamiliar realm of learning, one which encompasses a multitude of facets of life. This new experience provides the quintessential segway to the future by allowing the possibility of growth on a social scale. The opportunities to meet people and make friends is vast. The cultural boundaries are large and may be difficult to overcome but not impossible. Your/my mental capacity will surpass its previous capabilities by a larger amount than imagined through the superfluous amount of knowledge there is to be acquired. Spiritual growth will be of utmost importance in order to maintain a healthy balance between all that must be accomplished during this time. You/I are/am not alone. There is a purpose for everything.

Spring Hill College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.