Mobile, AL
Spring Hill College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Spring Hill College

Sean

I would tell myself that even though I am a senior, that school does not end there, and slacking off as a senior is only detrimental. It is detrimental because there is a lot more free time in college and if I don't know how to manage my time then I could easily start losing focus on schoolwork. But if I stay focused as a senior even though there are myths such as "senioritis," that I need to avoid this "disease" and keep working hard. Another things is that college picks up where high school left off and if I basically zoned out one year I would have a lot of catching up to do. Also, colleges have been known to take away or reduce scholarships for seniors who decide to slack off during their senior year because it shows that they don't carry things out fully, that they stop working hard as quickly as they can, which is not a positive quality. If I could tell myself these things and work hard to abide by them, I believe that it would be easier to make the transition from high school to college.

The best thing about my school is how much it is like a community. Because it is a small campus with about 1500 students, you have smaller class sizes and so you get to know the people in your classes better. Also, you have a great opportunity to form relationships with your teachers which is beneficial because it is easier to go to them for help or clarification. On top of all that, it is a Catholic School, so you are able to grow in your faith without being forced to do so.

The worst thing about my school is how far away from home it is. I live in Dallas, Texas and Spring Hill is 9 hours away. I was fine with the distance and still am for the most part but only getting to see my family two times a semester can be hard. Since I've been at school, my mom has had a stroke and my sister has been put in jail twice for drugs. It has been hard to deal with things when I cannot be there to help.

Alex

Small classes. Very low amount of attractive humans.

Small classes. Very low amount of attractive humans.

Allow yourself to get into a little trouble. Grades aren't everything. Experience is more important. Go through rush, even if you don't fit in with the fraternities.

No diversity and very money inclusive.

Yuleidys

I think that Spring Hill college is well knowen for our spirituality and for our sevices and charity. Students as well as faculties are always doing some sort of community service or giving to charity in some way. As a religious scholl and very humanitarian we are always trying to help different communityies with their needs.

The advice that I will give myself would be to wait in having children. Even though I did not planned on having a child, it hapened and it has had a huge impact in my life. It is very hard to go to scholl full time, maintain a job, and race a toddler. I love my son very much and I do not regret on having himm, but I do beleibe that if I would have waited everything would have been easier.

I think that any kind of person who wants to learn and have a succesful learning experience should attent Spring Hill College. The instructors are very challenging but willing to help and they really do care about the students academic success. Spring Hill college is a friendly and unique community that makes students feel welcome. I really beleive that being a Spring Hill student and finally a Spring Hill graduate that all Spring Hill student feel some sense of belonging to the Spring Hill family.

Courtney

Learn better study skills. Decipline your self to study every night.

Learn better study skills. Decipline your self to study every night.

The small number of students because you have a more one on one expirence. Your not just a number but a name.

One that loves to get involved and who loves being socialable. If you love friendly people it is just the place to be.

Ronesha

Very open and friendly environment that aid in your developement as a person and help you find out what it is you want to do in life.

Liberal Arts and Jesuit historical values.

To find more scholarships, apply to more AP classes, get g.p.a to at least a 3.5 and start earlier in finding what I would like to do in life since I am still searching.

Spring Hill College is a small community-based school that is focused on succeeding in academics.

My classmates at this school are very supportive and very helpful.

The only advice that I would give to myself is to continue to stay focused. Just because there is so much free time available in college, always know that academics comes first. I would also tell myself to don't let the financial aid process become stressful, because that stress can interfere with your academics, and that is a problem that should be dealt with outside of academics. In order to make a smooth transition into the college life, just remember to stay true to yourself, and to make sure you know who you are as a person, because your identity will get lost in the process of trying to live up to the college norm. Surroud yourself around positive people who knows the difference between work and play, and always choose work over play in order to succeed academically. Whenever you are having a problem with your studies, there are always people around campus that will not mind taking time out of their schedule to help you, and just remember to have a tunnel vision of your future life and career, and you will succeed.

Kimberly

Spring Hill College is very open minded.

Spring Hill College is very open minded.

Coming from a small town, the transition to Spring Hill College was not extreme. Spring Hill is a small, close knit community, so it was not extremely difficult to adjust. However, there are many social changes that occur. It is important to have your priorities in line and your values in mind. Each and every day, you will be faced with decisions that can change your future. Whether it is showing up for class or driving drunk, you must make smart decisions. In high school, people are constantly looking out for you and holding you accountable. In college, you have to be responsible and take initiative to get your work done and make the right decisions. You?re on your own! It is also extremely important to get involved. Not only does getting involved teach you valuable social skills, but it also looks great on a resume. There are so many diverse people at college, and it is important to get involved and learn everything you can about different kinds of people and activities. So, my advice to someone going through the transition from high school to college is to get your priorities straight and get involved!

The most frustrating thing about my school is the cost of attendance. This is such a wonderful school with so many opportunities, but it is extremely difficult to keep up financially. It seems as if I have maxed out on the available financial aid, and I am still behind. I love my school and want to stay here, but my dad is running out of options and I can only work so much while taking 18 hours, along with cheerleading and other clubs.

Keri

I would tell myself to love others more and to be as unjudging as possible. As a devout Catholic, I am called to be not only tolerant of different faiths, cultures, and lifestyle choices, I am also called to hospitality. One of my favorite theology professors says, "Tolerance means that I really disagree with you and hate you, but I won't kill you for it." Hospitality means that we cooperate peacefully together, understanding the differences but not allowing them to interphere with our treatment and respect of others. As a high school senior, I was in a sheltered and relatively undiversified background, so when I encountered all these people who are different from me at Spring Hill I was quick to resort to labels and stereotypes. I wish I had known how to love and respect others even if I disagreed with their politics, religion, lifestyle, or other choices. This is a lesson I would tell the whole world: stop just TOLERATING and reach out the arms of hospitality.

I wish I had known how much my friends, new and old, were going to mean to me. Freshman year was crazy since all the new students were frantically bouncing from person to person, group to group, trying to meet as many friends as possible. At college, we left our families at home, so our friends become our families. We spend so much time together and rely on one another. It was a totally different experience from high school. It was another level of intimacy that I did not know existed.

I brag about how small the class sizes are and how I can call my professors by their first names. I am very proud that my college is founded upon the Catholic Jesuit tradition and that these jesuits are my priests, my teachers, and my friends ( it is official on facebook). I love how conveniently small the campus is, since I can leave my dorm five minutes before class and be there on time. If I do not know someone my name, I know them by face. We are a tight community down here, and I feel like I belong.

Edward

The students at Spring Hill College are unique individuals who come from different places around the world. They are very friendly and are willing to tell about where they came from. They are very helpful and interesting.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior. Knowing what I know about college, I Would tell myself to stay strong and to continue to do what I have always done. Believe in myself and I can achieve anything. I have always believed in myself and overcome so much in my life. Even when it seem like I have fallen and all hope is gone. I get back up, plant my feet firmly on the ground, and keep pushing no matter what trials and tribalation I must overcome. If nobody believe in me, I will always believe in myself and keep the faith that I can achieve my goals. I'll tell myself to be proud that I came so far. Never give up and strive to be the best person I can be.

I wish i had known how wonderful the educational expericene. The tearchers and freindly and love to help students. The students are nice and often make good friends. I am intrigue that we have so many resouces to used at the college. We can turn to anybody on the campus for help. The environment at Spring Hill College far exceed any educational expericene that I had ever recieved. I plan on continue to engaged the education with a positive outlook.

Angela

My classmates are, for the most part, intelligent and very active in class.

My classmates are, for the most part, intelligent and very active in class.

I would advise myself to visit all the colleges I got accepted to BEFORE committing myself to going there.

The best thing about my school is the size. I love walking down the sidewalk and seeing so many familiar faces and having thirty minute conversations with people I've only met twice in my whole life.

Spring Hill College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.