Mobile, AL
Spring Hill College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Spring Hill College

Jacara

Spring Hill College is one of honesty, lifelong skills, vibrancy, rolemodels, and exceptional education.

College. Who would have ever thought I would end up in college? Well, I have made it through trials and tribulations. Here I go. Although you have dreams of going into the military, college is your resort. Give it a chance. In high school, things were handed to you; they flowed naturally. When entering college, you are entering a whole new level of school and life. You are now on your own with only you to tell you when to study, do homework, and the appropriate time to converse. The worst habit you can intake in college is procrastination. It will come back to haunt you. Do every assignment that is given to you shortly after it is given, Not nights or a night before the due date. If you are not doing well in a course, speak with your pofessor. Go to a tutor if you know of one. Do not apply yourself enough to get by. Do your best. Anything can approach life and cause unavoidable circumstances to occur. Prepare for the worst in college. Exams in college cause for a deeper level of thinking; prepare. Most importantly, practice time management. It is vital to success in college.

Spring Hill College is only the best college in Mobile. Correction, the best college in Alabama. At SHC you are not just another student. You are a part of the Spring Hill family and each professor will take the time to assist you. No matter your question, you are guranteed an answer. We are highly ranked within the United States and many schools do not have that accreditation. It is the Jesuit college of the south and it is private. We stand out here in Mobile. If you are looking for a home away from home, come to "The Hill".

Maria

Dear Self, Get ready for a very fun and liberating learning experience. Leaving home means creating a family of friends in college and learning to live with friends as well as learning how to balance classes, extracurricular activities, and a social life. That is the hardest part; time management. Class is fun if you make it fun. Show interest in what you are learning and your teachers will appreciate it, and you will get much more out of class. Also be ready to learn more and more about yourself. College is a life learning experience. Do not be afraid to change your major, or change your point of view about something and express your point of view. Spring Hill's campus will let you express youself and learn a lot about your area of interest and about yourself. College is fun in every aspect! Also be ready for social pressures, but stand strong even in the face of adversity; you will find your nitche. Change yourself; it is in your power and Spring Hill will help you along the way. Love, You

Someone looking for a small intimate campus. Mobile is a fairly good sized city, so there are things to do and the beach is very close. Teacher student relationships are intimate. You are not just another number at Spring Hill, and the religious aspect of Spring Hill is strong. We have priests who teach and make class very interesting.

Because it is small it is hard ot get the best equiptment in the science department, but Spring Hill does its best.

My classmates are diverse in ethnicity, background, and artistic and academic talent, and they have a friendly and energetic relationship with both professors and fellow students.

College is the final lesson before you are thrust into the "real world". Most college students pursue academics, but they do not realize that its most important lesson lies in the discovery of yourself. Too many people in the world are lost because they do not know and love themselves for who they are. This is troubling, because if you do not know yourself, then you do not know how to be innately happy, and you will search for happiness in fleeting pleasures. In college, you will have the free time and the opportunities needed to develop yourself as a person. Take advantage of it. You will have fun and you will study; you will laugh and you will cry. You will be happy, diverted, frustrated, upset, excited, confused, worried, determined, elated, calm; you will experience every possible human emotion. You will not be satisfied with everything about your school, no matter where you go. Your experience in college, then, depends mostly upon your attitude. Look at every experience, good or bad, as an opportunity to mature in virtue. In the words of Mark Twain, do not let your schooling interfere with your education.

I try not to brag, but when I describe my school, I recount our high faculty-to-student ratio and our small classes. I also mention that the professors genuinely care about the students' well-being and that they will go the extra mile to make sure that students understand the material and to assist them when they need help. Professors also attend campus events and strive to be involved in extracurricular activities along with the students.

Ilaria

Even though you might be the only student from your entire high school that is going to a college doesn't mean that you can't make friends and have a lot of fun right away. You need to be able to reach out and know that there are people that are in the same boat and are just as nervous about being alone. So, be happy and don't think about the people that you are leaving behind and look forward to the people that you will meet and become friends with.

The small size of the campus makes me feel like a true part of the campus and like I have a family here that I can depend on if needed. I don't have to worry about getting to class on time or getting lost when I am visiting my friends or attempting to find a professor and talk to them.

The size and quality of the dorms and the closeness of the student body as a whole. I can't walk to anything on campus without seeing someone that I don't know and exchanging a smile or a wave.

Andrea

My school feels like home, everyone greets you with a kind smile on their faces. No matter where you come from or where you're going, there's always someone ( or actually a lot of people) who care about you and how you feel in this community. My school is always ready to help students with any concern they may have; from studying for a small quiz to dealing with the loss of a loved one. Is always a relieve to know that you have special people who care about you, and Spring Hill does a good job at it.

First of all that its going to take a while for me to adapt to this new lifestyle but that when I do I will enjoy it like nothing else before. That college life will bring a greater independence to my life and that I will live new experiences and overall, a chance to get to deeply discover who I am and who I want to be in life. I would say to myself that I should try to meet the most people I possibly can; friends, because they will make the road more enjoyable, teachers, because they will fulfill me with great knowledge and finally to meet those who work in the area that I will like to develop my career on because I will be able to see in them who I want to be after I graduate and more importantly because they will open many doors to posible jobs for me. Ultimately, the most important advice I would give to myself is to enjoy every minute of every day of my college career, try my best to be happy, help the community and, of course, STUDY A LOT!!!

A person who does not want to live the most exciting years of their lives should not attend Spring Hill. One who does not want to meet friendly students and caring teachers, who does not want to get involve in new experiences. If this person do not wish to contribute to the community and enjoy this community inside Spring Hill and finally does not want to become the best they can be, then my advice is simple, do not attend.

"Don't worry be happy, cause every little thing will be alright". These are the few words of wisdom I would tell myself as a senior, along with get ready to work and work hard at that. College is different from high school and one should get ready for the transfer of minimal studies to studies that take up a large portion of your day. Now with everything I know about college, I know that college work is much more intense and I really wish i had had taken even more rigorous courses in high school. I wish I could have told myself the type of college experience I myself would be recieving. Our collge just had a good friend of mine, a dear classmate pass away. Admist all our stress and sorrow I wish I had told myself to be ready for the most impacting days ever. College is fun, its great, and its now my time. It is my prime time to work hard and give it all i've got to become successful, in the hope that I myself, can one day, change the world for the better and leaving the greatest impact ever in this world.

I wish I had know to do even more advanced placement classes, and to really study as hard as you will allow yourself too. I wish I had also known the importance of saving up every signel penny you can save for college. I also wish I had known exactly what to expect and what ways I should about to be ready for anything and everything cause college hits you with everything.

I believe a person who has no persona, no real passion for anything should not attend this school. I also believe students who do not want to study or students who won't apply themselves shouldn't attend. Spring Hill has a plethora of vigorous courses and as much fun as we all want to have we must study and study and study. One must work hard or one will achieve nothing. We go to school to learn and have fun not simply go to have fun. Education is important!

Anne

Even though Spring Hill will turn out to be the best years of your life, Freshman year will be the hardest. Especially the first semester because you will want nothing more than to go home and quit. Study smarter not harder, go to tutors when you need help. It's okay to let others know that you don't know everything. It may sound cliche', but you need to get involved. Even if you go to one group meeting an decide it isn't for you, you've met people. Participate in recruitment. You may think sorority life isn't your thing but the recruitment process can change that. And if you still don't join, participating in recruitment will expose you to new poeple and it will be a great way for you to make lifelong friends. It will also motivate you to join other clubs and explore more. It's okay to not know what you want to study. List yourself as 'undecided' and use your first year to explore the different academic fields. You will find the one that fits you best (even if it isn't what you thought it would be).

Even though it is a small population, being a part of the greek system is a large part of the social life. Even if I didn't join a sorority, I wish I had participated in recruitment to meet more girls and make more friends my freshman year.

Currently we are eating in what used to be our pool. Our past president was not focused or concerned with student needs, creating a rift between the administration and the students. I also think some of our ciricculum is a bit outdated for the fields of study.

Marquido

My classmates are great. Most of us are around the same age . We are either mothers and/fathers. We have study groups and share alot of things with each other. It's like I said, we are like a big family.

I believe the first advice that I would give myself is to mature by distinguishing between the high school experience as compared to the college experience. We leave high school with the notion that college life will have its similarities as well as its differences. That's true but we never put that mindset to action. We begin college taking high school along with us almost like when we take our suitcases to our dorm rooms. We never learn that high school was then and now we must transition into the college life. We take for granted that college life give us more advantages than high school. We learn how to be responsible for our well being whereas our parents was responsible for that. We walk around campus with a mature outward appearance without having the mentality to be mature. I want freshmen to understand that life really begins when you start college. They must realize that they have to take on a mature attitude inorder to adjust to college. As college students, no matter what age you are, we must come to a revelation that we are stepping into a new experiences greater than past experiences.

I believe that the most frustrating thing about Springhill College is that I can't find anything wrong with them. I remember I went to other colleges and there were many things that frustrated me, even from the beginning. As I first stepped on Springhill's campus, I felt like I really belonged here without a shadow of a doubt. For the first time, it was almost like being apart of a extended family. People treated me so well. I almost felt like maybe I was in a fantasy world. So, I guess what frustrates me is nothing.

Arianna

I love that my school is small and therefore is a tight-knit community, that made it very welcoming and inviting and made me want to stay there for all of my college years.

It's old and historic, so we have a lot of old buildings, many have been restored, and it has a beautiful campus that draws you in.

I think that my high school adequately prepared me for college. I spent hours and hours studying in high school and I developed good study habits. Had I not, college would have been very difficult for me because knowing how to study and actually doing it is essential to succeeding in college. I would advise my younger self to try to get more involved in campus activities.

Stacey

I would advise myself to not be afaid of standing out. In college and life in general, oftentimes, blending in does not help your goals. Sometimes it is better to be different and rejected than to conform and neglect yourself. Don't feel that you need to fit the mold of the college's ideal student. They picked you for who you are.

A person that should attend this school is someone that is looking for a strong sense of community on a college campus and who wants individual attention from the faculty and staff.

A person that shouldn't attend this school is someone who is looking for a large college campus that will allow him/ her to feel that they live in more of a small city than a tight-knit community.

Spring Hill College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.