Mobile, AL
Spring Hill College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Spring Hill College

Chikaodili

If I were able to go back in time to when I was a senior in high school, I would tell myself to enjoy the last few minutes of high school that i have and to keep up the hard work because it pays off. I would also tell myself not to get so annoyed when my teachers give me work that I think i would never use and also to try to adapt to a better study habit. College isn't that bad and that is because of the teacher and the magnicants of my high school. It would be much easier if i would have apprieciated all that I did while i was there.

Before i came to this Spring Hill i wish i had known how the chem labortory was not as sufficent as i wouldd have hoped. Spring Hill is suppose to be a great school for a science major. I am a Biochemistry major and i expect to spend a lot of time in the lab. i just wish it were more updated so i won't be behind my peers at other instiutions, technology wise .

I think Spring Hill is perfect for a person the wish to recieve a great liberal arts education. Teachers here are great, they really love what they teach and work very hard to make sure no student is left behind. Class sizes here are also great. They are small enough so every student can actively participate. Spring Hill is also great for student that wish to go to a school where there are always activities planned. From great parties to service activities one can find it here. The Location is great for students who love the beach.

David

Spring Hill is a place where you most likely have to come from money to be accepted; it is a place of strict learning and small classes.

Hey David, You are about to embark on a journey that you really have not seen coming up until now. The people at the college are going to tell you how wonderful it is and how much fun you are going to have. Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they have to say that. When you get to college, the formula for success is pretty simple. WORK! That is the secret. You have to work, work, and work harder than anyone else. As I have endured the last four years, I look back and realize that I worked 40-50hrs per week while taking 18hrs of classes. Guess what kid, that is what it takes. It does not matter if others around ask how you did it or ask why you tortured yourself for it, because now I look at them, and I am able to say that I came out on top. I am a better man because I worked so hard to get ahead. So, for all those that want you to party with them on the weekend, shake their hand and tell them, "Thanks for the invite, but I have to work!"

The worst thing about Spring Hill is the small enviroment, in that if you are not part of Greek Life, then it is next to impossible to make friends.

Adelaide

The advice I would have given myself is to always remember who I am at all times and, despite any setbacks present at that time, fight for my dreams even if it is uncertain of how those dreams will be achieved. I remember being in highschool was tough as I saw no possibility of achieving my life's goal of going to college; however, I never made the thought hamper my decision to be a motivated and dedicated student. I remained committed and deligent in my school work. I became active in my society and committed myself to my family and helping those in my community who has life far more difficult than I do. I learned to appreciate my life more and surrendered to God. I knew that eventually my prayers would be answered. If I could go back to my home country and advise highschool students, I would tell them to believe in themselves and to appreciate their parents, guardians and their families despite any situation being faced. College is an experience to earn a higher education but also to extend and teach your morals and values and to learn from and about different people and places.

I am an international student and upon coming to Spring Hill College, I have felt welcome. I have no complains about the college as being here is itself a miracle which I am truly thankful for . The environment is much different and better than what I know of in my home Belize. The Spring Hill College Community is not as large in number as other institutions; therefore, the advantage present is the loving bond between students and the professional yet close relationship students share with the faculty and staff. So far this oppurtunity has been a great experience!

To attend this school an individual should be one is willing to learn and have experiences. Spring Hill College is a jesuit institution and in its curriculum, a student should take a number of Theology, Philosophy, fine arts and other courses to complete general core requirements. This emphasizes that an individual coming to this institution must be open minded to the knowledge the world involves. Coming to college involves more than getting a degree in a field of interest, it is learning of other elements in society, aboout people and the way we live .

Kiara

I would tell myself to develop study habits, get used to reading ALOT, go to class, budget your money for food, be involved as possible and finnaly make it what you want it to be and be yourself throughout the whole journey.

PE0PLE WH0 D0N'T WANT T0 BE SEEN AND KN0WN...IT IS RELATIVELY SMALL S0 EVERY0NE KN0WS EVRY0NE

Travis

My classmates are liberal, diverse, and come from all over the United States. Some of my closest friends have been from Miami, St. Louis, New Orleans, New England, and the Midwest.

When you make the transition from High School to College, come prepared and ready to plan. Don't let any classes overwhelm you and don't feel like you have to attend every party or every social gathering because there will be plently of them. Work hard when it's time to work and let loose when it's time to relax. Work hard and it will pay off in the long haul.

A person who's looking for a large campus with maximum cultural diversity or a person who's looking for a campus in a large city should not attend this school. Spring Hill College is focused on one-on-one learning and personal development. The campus is small and community is good, but not for someone who wants to attend a large school.

Be fierce. College is hard because it is preparing you for life. Tests aren't just tests anymore, but ways of checking if you know what you're doing for when your major is your job. Don't get caught up in the details of what parties you're going to on the weekend, how cute the guy is that sits next to you, or what other people think of you. Make yourself the best you can in college. This is your time to grow up. Enjoy yourself, but remember, you now have more freedom and therefore more responsibility. Plan and manage time. That's always the key because when you give it every bit of strength you have, there is nothing too complex or difficult.

A person attending Spring Hill College should be the kind of person who will work to better themselves if given half a chance.

The kind of person who should not attend Spring Hill College, or any college, is one that is not willing to to take advantage of every opportunity handed to them.

Katie

Friendly, out-going, and driven.

Friendly, out-going, and driven.

It's smaller and more community-oriented than any school I've been to.

Don't worry so much about youself. You'll figure it out once you're away and able to really think about your life.

Stacie

Spring Hill is a small, liberal arts college. It's got a wonderful environment and our faculty is absolutely amazing! The teachers know us by face and name and we don't have any of those large, lecture-hall classes.

I would tell them to really tour colleges and interact with faculty and students. I had planned on going somewhere completely different from the time I was a small child, but when I stepped on the campus of Spring Hill, I knew I was home. Also, investigate alumni and classes available, to be sure they offer your planned major.

Maria

To be very open to the experience. If you do not like your college, give it a chance. Don't wait around for something to come to you, get involved and find a school that meets those needs. My biggest advice to finding the right college would be if when you visit a college, can you see yourself there? Learning? Socializing? If you can see yourself there and feel like that school is where you belong, then that school is the right choice for you!!! Good Luck!!!!

The best thing is the friendliness and diversity of activities offered.

Maria

They need to make sure the college will offer the best courses in their field, think about how often they will be going home and how, get involved on campus!

Financial aid will decrease as you get closer to graduation.

We are not exposed to much diversity.

Spring Hill College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.