Mobile, AL
Spring Hill College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Spring Hill College

Kennedy

Spring Hill is a very communal campus. Because we are small, there is a close knit feeling. This works in everyone's advantage, whether it's making friends, building connections for internships, or furthering your education. The academics are very well rounded, challenging, yet stimulating to better prepare students to partake in the world around them. Spring Hill is very much a training ground before the real world comes, and knowing that makes me feel grateful that I have a place that will help prepare me, not just academically, but spiritually, mentally, physically (due to the many hills on campus), and socially.

Laine

I am proud to call myself a badger. I have had my ups and downs with Spring Hill. Pod living (my dorm) was the best thing that could ever happen because that is where I found my best friends. The party's on campus are really fun and they happen every weekend. I am in love with my professors especially the psychology department. The psychology department professors are very friendly and love to chat. They generally care about me. I really enjoy on how the classroom sizes are small. The problem with Spring Hill is that because its a small campus word travels fast. People will always know about your business. I have found my home here at Spring Hill with my friends who are always there for me.

Catherine

Spring Hill College is a wonderfully diverse and historically rich college. Not only is the campus beautiful, but the but it is also filled with a variety of opportunities and activities to keep students busy outside of class. The classes themselves are a comfortably small size that fosters open class discussions and allows for one on one student-professor interaction. Professors are always ready and available to help their students succeed, whether it be the professor tutoring during their office hours or sending them to the Center of Academic Excellence for tutoring from their experienced peers. Overall, Spring Hill College offers incredible opportunities and the perfect college for any student.

Alyssa

Spring Hill is a very settled but fun and beautiful college to attend. Everyone is helpful and friendly around here so it's hard to not make any friends at all. The teachers are great! They are willing to help in any way that they can and will know each of you personally as the classes are normal sized classes. We also have many opportunities of furthering our knowledge and getting help with any and all work with our tutoring program Center for Academic Excellence. All teachers are also required to have office hours daily, so If you ever want to speak with or get help from your professor he/she is only a minute away. Want to know more? Visit our website at www.shc.edu.

Katherine

I would tell myself to not worry about making friends or finding my major. These things need to organically for them to feel right. I would tell myself to take chances and be myself. You will find where you belong. I would also tell myself to be comfortable being alone. I think my highschool self felt like you always had to be surrounded by frined to be happy but I have learned that that type of thinking leads people to be unhappy. It is good to enjoy the company you keep in the lonely moments. It is good to be able to have memories that you do not have to share with other people. You want to have memories that you are albe to share but when you like being with yourself others will like to be with you as well. And it will happen just give it time. In the meantime, find out new things about yourself and try new things. College is one of the only times in your life that you have to make decisions that effect only yourself. So don't be reckless but have a good time.

I think the best thing about our school is that students are given many opprotunities to get involved, maintain a busy but productive schedule and to meet new people that will beneifit their careers. Most students have a full class load, have a job and volunteer several hours of their week. Our school also has a large social life becasue we are a close community. So when people come to the Hill, they are soon accepted into a large family that will push them to develop into a successful adult.

I think the most frustrating thing about this school is that there is not a lot of variety. We are a small school and we are a small community so there are times when students feel bored from the everyday activities or they feel that they have to be careful what they do because everyone knows them and everyone will see them. But that is something that people will deal with in any community.

Roger

Look man. I get it. Life is tough. Dad's got cancer, and it looks grim. But, stay in therapy. Get better. Be calm, and treat your friends and loved ones better. The seperation you feel? That's on you man. Don't screw it up. You'll be miserable your first year of college if you go based on the music program and friends. Think harder. I know this sounds crazy, and it may not make much sense, but knowing you you'll have to earn for yourself. Just trust me, it's not worth being miserable. Dad's cancer returns. Bad. He doesn't have much time. Stay close to home. Be true to your friends. Be nicer. Change yourself for the better, not in a way that makes it easier to cut ties with old friends. Hold onto what you have, and make it better. It gets better if you don't, but it takes several months, and much more stress than needed. Heed these words.

I wish I had know how much better it was before going to a different college for half the year.

There's no music program. I was hoping to continue playing after switching, but it seems I'll just have to buy my own horn and perform.

Katherine

I would remind myself that school does not get easier when going to college. The responsibilities are greater and the workload in class is greater. You have the choice to attend class or not and you have the choice to get the most out of college or not. I would tell myself not to be afraid to go over and beyond to learn all that I can learn.

Students who strive to do the best that they can do in school, and students who work hard to learn the material presented in class should attend this school.

Students who are not serious about doing well with academics, or are not committed to their education should not attend this school.

Erinn

As a high school senior, I wish I had used my time to find scholarships. I assumed that the school I was going to would provide for me, and I was very, very wrong. I should have started paying for my degree the moment I was accepted, rather than waiting until the last minute when it was too late. Another thing I wish I had done was focus more on my studies because my GPA was just barely not good enough for many academic scholarships. Instead of focusing on having a social life, I should have studied. Coming into college, I did not have any good study habits. I had to essentially re-teach myself how to learn. It would have been alot easier for me if I had read more textbooks in high school to prepare for the type of reading I have to do now. Another thing is how to study from notes. It's hard to go from mostly visual learning, how it happens in high school, to mostly aural, how it happens in college. I also wish I had learned better attendance habits- in college, if you miss a class, no one is gonna care!

The best thing about SHC is the community. Everyone on The Hill is super nice and accepting. We really are a family here and we protect each other. It's hard to go anywhere on campus without seeing at least a few people you know because we are so small! Another cool thing about Spring Hill is the fact that we are so close with our teachers-- a lot of us babysit for and talk to our professors outside of class which is something you don't get just anywhere!

Before I came to the Hill I wish I had known how small the school was. While everyone is super sweet and accepting, there isn't much variety in the typ eof people you will find here.

Linda

I am 52 years old and returned to school a year and a half ago. I have completed my Academic Certificate in Creative Writing - finally doing something for ME. I left my adopted home at the age of 15 and spent my life trying to prove I could be everything I was told I never could be. If I could go back to the time I was in high school, I would tell myself that I didn't need to prove anything to anyone, that I could do, and be, what it was "I" wanted to be, and live a life filled with the passion that I had for writing. Knowing what I know now, I would have believed in myself more and would have known that I could do what it was I wanted to do, rather than not believing in myself. I know my life would have been different, but what is important is that I have finally taken the scary leap and returned to school...and successfully at that! I have had two poems published and am working on two novels; one a memoir of my childhood. That in itself makes my return to school a success.

Alexis

Spring Hill College is best known for its school spirit, great teachers, and close community. The badger love at Spring Hill is amazing and seen every single day as you see people walking aroung in purple, our school color, or attending the different events going on around campus. The student to teacher ratio is the perfect amount for students who need one on one time with their teachers. The community that is created at Spring Hill from your freshman year will last forever. By the first few months of school you should know just about everyone.

If i could go back to high school and give myself advice I would absolutely begin with keep your studies first. Keeping your studies before everything else is the only way to stay on top of things. Going out on weekends is fun but school comes first. With a full time job and being a full time student there's hardly enough time for playing around. The next thing I would say would be to listen to your parents. Even though they may not have been to college they still know that you are still only 18 and they still have guide you a little bit. Let them have that much at least since you're growing up and everything. Next, don't get caught up in social media; it distracts you from your main goal, school, and takes away time from your already busy schedule. And lastly, APPLY FOR SCHOOLS EARLIER!!! Don't wait until the last minute. It's a hard decision picking schools but not nearly as hard as going all year with people in your face asking where you're going and you just say, "uhhh.. I don't know.."

A person that should attend Spring Hill would be a person who loves serving others and working hard to meet their goals. Spring Hill's classes are a little more rigorous and that is what makes it such a prestigious school. But aside from all the hard work that we put in at Spring Hill, we still need the fun people to make it all fit together.

Spring Hill College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.