Mobile, AL
Spring Hill College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Spring Hill College

Patricia

I have learned to be thrifty and manage my time more wisely.

I have learned to be thrifty and manage my time more wisely.

A person who is serious about school. On top of this, they must be willing to be open to new people.

Someone who is not serious about being in college should not attend this school. Not only this someone who is not deciplined at managing thier time should not attend this school.

serene

I've gotten out of this school exactly what I put in. I have a great rapport with the teachers. They know that I am a serious student and really interested in the subjects. Not just in the classroom, but outside of the class. If there is a project or exhibit or something to do to enhance the classroom experience, I'm always the first to volunteer or attend for further learning. I actually "get off" on the learning. It's my high. I limit my social life to keep from being distracted and achieve my goals. Before taking a class, I predict my grade and work towards achieving that grade. I reached my goal this semester and I am very happy. This is the perfect city for college learning. It's valuable because you have museums, art exhibits, art walks downtown, farmers markets and other colleges nearby to compete with in sports.

The students are in little cliques and don't really socilaize outside of their cliques. Lately there have been thefts on campus, but it's usually safe.

Financial aid, it doesn't come in when you need it.

Shelby

The day before I moved to Mobile, Alabama, most of my bags were packed and I was finally ready to just be on my own. I had saved up like 600 dollars for the summer, and i thought I was all set. After the first week, when the camp feeling was lost, i began to realize what being on my own was all about. Doing my laundry, waking up to alarms, trying to eat healthy: everything was on me. Also, this was my first chance to start new since grammar school. Not many people knew me, and i could be whoever i wanted, and make all new friends. It was very overwhelming at first, meeting people in the bathroom and always thinking could this be my best friend. I got to plan how i wanted things to turn out. I have really learned to be on my own, but also how to truly love someone. Not just be nice, but to love them and see God in all of them. I have learned to not judge people, especially because I know everyone has gone through something different. By meeting all these beautiful people I have learned to love them all.

I am from Louisiana, so i am used to the random crazy weather of one day it being chilly to the next day it being extremly hot. However, I am not used to the rain. Mobile was named top rainiest city. When i came to school I did not even bring a rain jacket or boots, just a simple umbrella, that does not stand a chance against wind. So the worst thing about Spirng Hill is the amount of rain throughout the year.

It is very frustrating when I go to the library to study and get away from noises in the droms, and the library is just as loud as my dorm. I wish the school would make more rooms in the library, noise free rooms. It seems to get louder the later i stay too. If i am in there at 2 in the morning there are people on facebook and laughing, being truly rude. That is the most frustrating thing at Spring Hill.

Tracey

I have attended several colleges through the years and have gained many diverse experiences during that time. The point that sticks out here at Spring Hill would be the diversity in the courses that is available and the willingness of the faculty to be sure that the students use those courses to enrich their life. They have a great variety and believe that it is their responsibility to provide the students with the knowledge they need to be successful.

The best thing about Springhill is they are very helpful and very friendly towards non-traditional students. I sometimes have a lot of questions and they never hestitate to call back with the answers I need.

I would tell myself that I could do anything I set my mind to. To be my own person and not listen or bow to peer pressure. Being an older student can be a hard thing to do and in my experience it is a lot more difficult to try to get homework done after working a full 8 hours and taking care of a children at home. Take your time and study!

Breann

Going through another step of my life and attending college has opened my eyes to many different options and opportunities. College is a big step to take towards my future job in the medical field. I have learned that going to college will make my future bright and successful. My experience in college is amazing due to the fact that im more closer to reaching my goal in helping others. The environment that i feel when im at college is everyone is there because they want to me not because they have to be like in High School. Im very pleased with myself that I am going to college and focusing on my future because if I wasn't I probably would be sitting at home doing the same thing everyday. So far my college experience has been more than pleasing.

Thomas

Attending Spring Hill has been valuable in my life because it has enabled me to continue my education to better my self and allow me to have a better job oppritunity to provide for a family. The college has made the transition from highschool so easy because of its small size and great staff. The main focous of the people here is to help others. Since attending the college I have voulunteered at a nursing home which has brought much joy to my life. Walking through the halls and talking to the residence brings a smile to my face and allows me to bring happiness to those who need it. The friends I have made here have also brought another way of me to help people and try to make their lives a little better which in turn makes mine better also because I know I was able to help another person who needed it.

The worst thing about my school is the cost. Being a private collage, it is more expensive and people who are at a finacial disadvantage are less likely to be able to afford it even though they are very generous with scholarships.

When I talk to my friends about my school, the number one thing I emphasize is the availability of the professors. They are almost always able to answer questions you have and get to know you very quickly. Here you are not a number, but a person.

Angelica

"Buy truth and do not sell it for love or money; buy Wisdom, buy Education, buy Insight" Proverbs 23:23 This passage has greatly motivated me to keep furthering my education. Through college experience I have learned to value the power of knowledge. Education is not only a tool to maintain a luxirious lifestyle or to make lots of money to live comfortably in the future. Its purpose is to serve and help others by offering a service to improve our society even slightly. We must understand that regardless of our culture differences, we all have the same needs. Attending college has been exponentially valuable becuase it has opened my eyes to details and untangible theories that are crucial for the improvement of humanity. For instace, as an art major I thought my talent was only a form of self -xpression. However, in my Art History II class i have learned that art speaks not only for an individual but for an entire population. It is what historians look at to see the responces people had towards positive or tragic events in their community. As my proffesor says "The more art a society produces the healthier that society is becoming."

Sam

College has been a great experience; I have learned a lot about myself and the world around me. I have met fun, interesting people and made friendships that will last a lifetime. I have been exposed to new beliefs and diverse peoples whom I would not have had the opportunity to learn from had I not gone to college. However, I think the most valuable assets that I have acquired from my education are the opportunity to escape from poverty and the ability to be an effective partner in my community. When I was young I suffered from substance abuse, dropped out of high school, and ultimately wound up homeless and unemployed. I was at a crossroads in my life and knew that I had to make a change. Through hard work and perseverance I excelled academically and now doors have opened for me that I never dreamed possible. I hope that I am able to continue my education so that I may become a doctor and help the underserved. I would like to give back to my community that has given me so much.

Ashleigh

So far, I have gained many invaluable experiences from my college. First, I am recieving a quality education that will prepare me for my future career. I am also being educated in many other disciplines outside of my major, in keeping with the tradition of the liberal arts. I have strengthened my communication skills and broadened my understanding of how others percieve the world. Spring Hill has opened me to other possibilities and other ways of thinking about the world. I have learned to reason and respect what others believe even if it is different from my own thoughts. I analyze instead of just accepting as part of this training. I have also gained many friendships that I am positive will continue throughout my life and will be beneficial in the workforce. I have learned to be independent and have the skills to support myself not only monetarily but in my thoughts and relationships as well. Morality has become a large part of my daily living, and I now have a better appreciation and respect for the earth and other people around me.

The worst thing about any school are cliques or groups that are completely exclusive. This does not happen often here but can with the few soroities and fraternties and various athletic teams. This creates divisions and limits friendships which hurts any new experience.

Someone wanting to major in the liberal arts or who is open to new and different things. Even if a more confined major is chosen, they will experience subject areas that are completely new. This creates a well-rounded graduate. They need to be willing to work but also to think and explore.

Angela

The things that I have gained from my college experience are many. I have gained self disipline, more motivation, independence, and I have redescovered a love for learning. During my public education I don't feel like I gained a lot, I can hardly remember ever coming home and thinking that I had really learned something that day, and because of that I lost the desire to learn. Now as I have been attending college I have found that old love and passion, yes it's still hard to motivate myself to do my homework sometimes when there are so many other things that I could be out doing but in the end it gets done, and I once more feel satisfied, I feel like I am actually growing and learning again. This is valuable above all things, nothing is more priceless than knowledge, nothing is more rewarding.

Spring Hill College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.