Mobile, AL
Spring Hill College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Spring Hill College

Joseph

I have gotten a sense of what lies ahead on my road to a great career to support my children and wife. I have also learned how to be a team player in a postive work enviroment with a great work eithic. My college experience has been a great one teaching me not to judge a book by its cover and to question the nature of things. There are certain things you learn at college that teach how to cope with your new job feild you have chosen and it gives you the know how to be very professional at your job. Last but not least on your road of higher education you get a feeling of accomplishment knowing that when I graduate I will be able to get a great job that I enjoy doing and it was only made possible by attending college and rideing out to the end graduation day.

The school I chose is a very student-teacher evironment. The classes are smaller and it is easier to learn and ask questions. When you have issues you are able to get them answered and you understand exactly what is needed to be accomplished. So far I love my school and I look forward to continueing my education. This means alot to me for I am a stay at home mother of two little girls and I have always wanted to persue a career in Veterinary medicine, I want to show my kids how to work hard and accomplish your goals and dreams.

Kaitlyn

Spring Hill College is very unique in the fact that every professor has a personal relationship with the students. Having small classes really helps students to be able to have a better relationship with their professors. Here at Spring Hill each of your professors knows your name where as for other schools you are only a number to them. Being a student here really makes you feel special and understood because of the close relationship between faculty and students. That played a major part in my decision to attend Spring Hill College.

Although I am only a freshman at Spring Hill College I feel that I have gained many useful life skills. In only one year at this institution I have gained so much. I have been able to participate in a community that encourages spiritual and mental growth. Being at Spring Hill I am required to take philosophy and theology classes, which I am very thankful for. These classes have helped me to ask questions about life, and have encouraged me to search for the answers to these new questions,questions about life, love, and also about what to plan for my future. Spring Hill has enlightened me in so many ways I cannot count them all, I wish I could express the joy being at this institution gives me but I am at loss for words. Spring Hill is a wonderful institution, and I am very happy to have had this experience.

I wish I would have known that my scholarship required community service. Being a commuter student and having to drive over an hour to school each morning really plays a toll on my extra curriculars. I am not able to do all of the community service my scholarship requires because of the fact that I commute from such a long way. Had I known that my scholarship required more of me than I can afford to give right now, I would not have accepted it. Sadly, my financial status is not that which allows me to live on campus.

Ben

It is a small school so it offers a more personal learning experience.

It is a small school so it offers a more personal learning experience.

College should never be compared to high school. In high school, one makes friends but these are passing trifles on our way to bigger and better things. In college, however, friends are life-long companions. I attribute these strong relationships to the fact that we live together on campus with each other, something not common in high school. Out of college, I have received a new outlook on life. Many of values have changed but for the better.

A person looking for a close environment with teachers who care about their students' education.

Sydney

My classmates are a well rounded group of people.

My classmates are a well rounded group of people.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to learn better studying techniques. Other than that there is nothing else because my college life is not that different from my everyday life.

The kind of person who should attend this school is one who is intereseted in learning about a lot of different aspects of education.

Kishla

Everyone is very friendly and inviting.

Everyone is very friendly and inviting.

I would tell myself to focus more on the ACT!!! Start taking it earlier so that I could have time to improve. I would also try to develop more study habits. I wouldve studied more in high school in order to prepare myself for the workload of Spring Hill College. However, I think I had done a great job of adjusting.

Beth

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior and share advice about making the transition into college life I would suggest being extremly open to trying new things. Each new experience can be considered as research for future semesters to come as you adjust to the new lifestlye. Meeting people is not as scary as it seems it may be. I suggest getting involved from the start with all activities provided by the school for intermingling between new students. That's the best way to find new people to meet and become friends with. The people you meet the first week of school may very well be the best friends for the rest of your life.

I wish I would have known the quality of people that I would find here at Spring HIll College prior to coming. I was extremely nervous about having to meet new people and leave my closest friends from high school. However, since coming to Spring Hill College I have not only found amazing friends but have been accepted into the community of people here to truly care for one another and are willing to support eachother in all endeavors.

The type of person who should attend Spring Hill College should be someone who is willing to be accepting of other people and is ready to be acecepted by the people already attending Spring Hill College. A prospective student should be someone who is ready to be challenged in their work and pushed to the best they can be while still ready to have lots of fun while being involved in campus activities.

Casey

The advice I would give my ?high school self? would be that I have discovered the three keys for success in college. The first and most important is to attend class. Attending class, every day, is half the battle of succeeding in college. The second key to college success is perfecting your note taking & study skills. If you learn early how to properly take notes and then learn how to use your notes and text books to study for tests, you will have success in your classes. The final key to college success is to have fun and enjoy yourself. Your college years truly are the best of your life. Allowing yourself to kick back and enjoy all college life has to offer will help you to be more focused in your studies.

Brandon

My classmates are smart, open-minded, and helpful students.

My classmates are smart, open-minded, and helpful students.

The first thing I would tell myself is to not put all my eggs in one basket. There may be a school you really want to go to, but you should apply to more than one college- at least 5 schools. Another thing I would tell myself is to make friends early on. Friends can help you a lot through school. You can have group study sessions or ask for an assignment you may have forgotten. One of the most important things I would tell myself is that scholarships are important. You shouldn't just blow those off because you don't feel like filling out applications or writing essays. Books are very expensive not to mention things you might need or want to buy and keep in your room.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the price of books. Books range from 60 to 300 dollars each.

Shavona

If I could go back in time and give myself advise, I would tell myself to prepare myself for a lot of hard work and dedication. I would tell myself that college is nothing like high school. I would warn myself that i needed to be ready to study real hard and not play around like most people do in high school. I would tell myself that I would have to realize that when I walk inside that college that I would be an adult and that I would have to rely on myself to get things done. I would have to depend on myself and only myself to make sure that all of my work is done and I turn it in on time. I would tell myself that in college professors don't hold your hand to make sure that you complete everything like in high school. I would tell myself to get ready for the real world.

The worst thing about my school is that they dont have many activities to do here. This makes the school boring at times.

The type of people that should attend this school should be academically motivated. They have to be willing to devote most of their time towards their studies. They have to be willing to turn down their friends for their school books.

Spring Hill College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.