Mobile, AL
Spring Hill College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Spring Hill College

Jolene

I would tell myself not to decide before going to college what my major would be. I should take a variety of classes because you never know what might spark an interest. It could be a completely different path than what was originally planned. I would also tell myself to relax a little bit more and have fun. That way I wouldn't get burned out on studying and maybe meet many more interesting people. The last thing I would tell myself is that I should have a plan for life, but be flexible enough to change my plans.

Alexis

For the most part they are focused, and are engaging individulas.

For the most part they are focused, and are engaging individulas.

My school is best known for preparing students for excellence in their profession. They also prepare students to become responsible leaders, and a big focus is given to serving others.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say, "Focus on time management". I think that this is the key to success. Know how to make the best use of your time. This is very important. It can help you with managing time for required reading, homework assignments, projects, and study time for test. It is also very important to turn in assignments on the due date. This could make the difference between a pass or failing grade because professsors do not accept late assignments, nor do they allow make up assignments. Follow this rule, and stay focused. It would certainly make your college life easier.

Anna

I think my school is best known for its concentration on the liberal arts, as it is a Jesuit college. Whenever you mention that you go to Spring Hill, people in the area usually raise their eyebrows and are impressed. If you go here, you will get a good job after you graduate, if you apply yourself.

In addittion to concentrating on your studies, make friends! Groups form quickly, so try to be social and meet people. Friends aren't everything, but they certainly help in college. You don't want to be stuck in your room on weekends. College students are very susceptible to depression, and having somewhat of a social life can help with that. Also, change your writing and studying methods; this is not high school. Professors are different and less willing to give you a second chance or give you extra credit. Above all, enjoy yourself, as these are supposed to be the best years of your life.

The kind of person that should go to Spring Hill should be comfortable in small classes with enthusiastic teachers, be familiar with research-based papers, and not be intersted in a large social life. Here, there is more of a focus on academics rather than social acitvities. For example, there are no fraternity or sorority houses.

Celia

Work really hard to maintain a 4.0 GPA throughout freshman year. Every year after that gets progressively harder. My decision not to drink alcohol 1st semester freshman year was the best decision ever. In this way i got to first observe what parties were like and find out who my trustworthy friends were. Always being sober also helped me to concentrate on my studies.

Because of the school's small size, this person should enjoy knowing and getting close to most students. Must enjoy small class sizes. This person does not have to be Catholic, however, there are plenty of ways to be involved in faith life. There is a lot of drinking on weekends but students who choose not to drink are not pressured to do so.

Students should not attend SHC if there are looking for a very specialized degree. Spring Hill tends to have more generalized degrees. Also, anyone who likes to create drama should not go to SHC. The school is too small for that and is sometimes refered to as "Spring Hill High." Spring Hill is not for students who plan on not attending classes regularly because most professors take role. SHC is not for students who want to take foreign languages other than French, Spanish, Latin or sign language.

Madelaine

My school is small and welcoming. The teachers are very helpful and are available outside of class if you need extra help with something. The campus itself is beautiful. The pictures on the website do not even do justice to how pretty my campus is. People here are friendly and there are many ways to participate in activities

If I were a college senior, I would tell myself not to play a college sport my junior year of college. I knew that nursing would be hard. I was always gone for volleyball until Thanksgiving came around, and I know it cut into my studying and my grades. I would have looked for more scholarships ahead of time so that I could help my parents pay for school. It was hard for me to transition from high school to college, so I would have told myself not to be afraid, and that I was going to meet people that would make it easier being away from home. I would say there's a reason I'm supposed to be here and a plan for me even if I do not know what it may be at the moment. I would tell myself to not worry so much and try to enjoy campus life a little more. I was so overwhelmed that I probably missed out on some events the school was hosting. I would tell myself not to be so quick to judge everyone, because even the most unlikely people could end up being your best friend.

I wish I had known that I could buy my books online instead of through the bookstore my first semester. It probably would have saved me $400 on books.

Anna

This school is the perfect size and the professors are great, but the students are perhaps its downfall.

Most of my classmates seem to come from well-to-do families and are very polite; some people can come off snobby, but there are enough nice people to make up for it; and this school tends to form cliques, as well.

Apply to more school and don't think you're aiming too high. Really consider the area you're moving to, as it can make all the difference in your college career. Once you get there, participate in activities to make friends, but focus on schoolwork.

Melissa

Small classroom setting. The staff is very attentive.

Small classroom setting. The staff is very attentive.

Make sure you do not over load yourself the first few semesters. Make sure you discover every possible way to pay for college. Go to school right after you finish high school and live on campus and enjoy student life!

Mary

Because of its small size, you can walk into any room at Spring Hill College and feel welcome and wanted because you are bound to know someone else in the room, and if you don't, everyone is open and friendly so it's easy to find a friend.

Don't overcommit yourself, but make sure to get involved. I believe that forming meaningful relationships with others is the best way to keep yourself happy and well-balanced. College is the perfect place to form life-long relationships with your peers, and the only way to do this is to get out and be with people. When I started college, I wanted to be involved in everything, and I ended up with a schedule that had too much for me to handle. It felt like I was running a marathon everyday, and there was just no time to breathe. Little by little I had to cut back on things that I had committed to, like teaching that extra Pilates class in the rec center. After the first semester though, I had established a teetering balance in which I feel like I squeezed in as much as I could without driving myself crazy. As a professional dancer, ballet teacher, pilates teacher, and full-time college student, I keep very busy. However I always make time for my friends. They keep me sane and loving life.

Beth

the majority are really friendly people who are dedicated to their studies but also know how to have a good time.

i would tell myself to enjoy the last year of high school as much as possible because even though i thought that friends wouldn't break apart from each other the fact is things do change and once your out of high school you can never go back so you mine as well embrace all the experiences while you can.

the cafeteria right now because the new cafeteria is being built so right now our cafe is on top of a temporary floor on top of the pool in the field house

Spring Hill College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.