Spring Hill College Top Questions

Nick

The best thing about SHC is the close-knit environemnt. I feel very comfortable on campus, as you develop a lot of relationships with both fellow students and faculty/staff members. Another great thing about SHC is that we let the motto, "Work hard, play hard" rule our lives. Yes, classes can be pretty difficult; however, we know how to have a great time--and we do! Oh ya, did I mention the school sits on an 18 hole golf course, and as a senior you can live on the 14th fairway? Another great thing about the school is its location. We are about 1 1/2 hour from New Orleans, 3 hours from LSU and Auburn, and about 3 1/2 hours from University of Alabama. Although we don't have a football team, a lot of people take a weekend road trip to one of those schools to experience the big campus football environment. It's easy to duplicate that experience, but it's really hard to duplicate the Spring Hill experience. Some people complain that the school is too small. They may have a point and that may be one thing I would change; however, I still had a blast with it being its current size of 1,300+ students. I like not just being a number. The town of Mobile is somewhat of a college town. Less than three miles away is the University of South Alabama, which is home to about 20,000 students. It's definitely not a big city atmosphere, but there are a lot of good places to eat, etc. In addition, SHC is less than an hour away from Gulf Shores. The nightlife can be pretty fun as well. Downtown has a strip of bars, clubs, and restaurants that goes about 4 blocks that gets pretty lively Thursday through Saturday night. At SHC, people from campus usually head down to the bars on Thursdays and then party on campus Friday and Saturday nights. Overall, Spring Hill College is a great value and you will get a great Jesuit education. In addition, you will experience the south, meet a lot of great people, and have a blast while doing it. I highly recommend the school.

Anna

This school is VERY small. It's under 900 Undergrad. Almost everyone is in a sorority or a fraternity...it's not hard to get into one but the entire school and student body revolves around greek life 24/7. If drama and rivalry and reliving highschool are what you are looking for this is the school for you!