Spring Hill College

« See more reviews of Spring Hill College

I believe that the most frustrating thing about Springhill College is that I can't find anything wrong with them. I remember I went to other colleges and there were many things that frustrated me, even from the beginning. As I first stepped on Springhill's campus, I felt like I really belonged here without a shadow of a doubt. For the first time, it was almost like being apart of a extended family. People treated me so well. I almost felt like maybe I was in a fantasy world. So, I guess what frustrates me is nothing.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the cost of attendance. This is such a wonderful school with so many opportunities, but it is extremely difficult to keep up financially. It seems as if I have maxed out on the available financial aid, and I am still behind. I love my school and want to stay here, but my dad is running out of options and I can only work so much while taking 18 hours, along with cheerleading and other clubs.

There is not much to do on the weekends, but I always say it is what you make it. Of course, at any school you are going to get tired of doing the same things every weekend. Here, it is normal to just stay in watch a movie with your closest friends and goof off from time to time. The cafeteria food is not the best by far. Students are always complaining because we are under rennovation and the food is much less than excellent.

It is very frustrating when I go to the library to study and get away from noises in the droms, and the library is just as loud as my dorm. I wish the school would make more rooms in the library, noise free rooms. It seems to get louder the later i stay too. If i am in there at 2 in the morning there are people on facebook and laughing, being truly rude. That is the most frustrating thing at Spring Hill.

I think the most frustrating thing about this school is that there is not a lot of variety. We are a small school and we are a small community so there are times when students feel bored from the everyday activities or they feel that they have to be careful what they do because everyone knows them and everyone will see them. But that is something that people will deal with in any community.

Nothing at my school really frustrates me, so if I had to think for something I'd have to say the dorm maids. I don't think they clean very well because our showers are extremely nasty. On the weekends we always run out of paper towels, toilet paper, and soap. At the beinning of the year the bathrooms were kept so nice, but the deeper into the year we are getting the worse they are.

Some times, we as students feel like the administration makes polices that are not really in the best interest of the students. They can be too harsh and restricting and makes us feel almost as if we are childre. We understand that rules are there for a reason but sometimes they can be too much and it is difficult to come to a compromise with the administration.

The most frustrating thing about this school is pressure put on students about joining sororities and fraternities. The problem is that there aren't enough fraternities or sororities to choose from. Once you join a fraternity or a sorority, you are labeled as a certain kind of person depending on which one that you join.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the amount of core courses that are required in order to graduate. Since the core requirement is so large, I don't have time to take other courses that interest me. I would like to be able to spread my horizons and incorporate different courses into my college education.

The most frustrating thing is the city. Spring Hill stands out in Mobile, Alabama. It is very different from the surronding area. Outside of the walls the city is nice, but not very exciting. It is strange that SHC actually exists within this city.