Spring Hill College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Spring Hill College

Alyssa

Spring Hill is a very settled but fun and beautiful college to attend. Everyone is helpful and friendly around here so it's hard to not make any friends at all. The teachers are great! They are willing to help in any way that they can and will know each of you personally as the classes are normal sized classes. We also have many opportunities of furthering our knowledge and getting help with any and all work with our tutoring program Center for Academic Excellence. All teachers are also required to have office hours daily, so If you ever want to speak with or get help from your professor he/she is only a minute away. Want to know more? Visit our website at www.shc.edu.

Laine

I am proud to call myself a badger. I have had my ups and downs with Spring Hill. Pod living (my dorm) was the best thing that could ever happen because that is where I found my best friends. The party's on campus are really fun and they happen every weekend. I am in love with my professors especially the psychology department. The psychology department professors are very friendly and love to chat. They generally care about me. I really enjoy on how the classroom sizes are small. The problem with Spring Hill is that because its a small campus word travels fast. People will always know about your business. I have found my home here at Spring Hill with my friends who are always there for me.

Lanae

I think Spring Hill College overall is a great school. The teachers and students are very active with helping you focus in studies and the environment is very friendly. They have free tutoring, which I think is awesome. The CAE center is very helpful with helping students tidy up papers and explaining math problems. Also, the student teachers are very helpful and patient with other students.

Bradley

Overall Spring Hill College is a fine school for those who wish to go into the more average or artistic majors. As for someone who wishes to go into a computer related major I would advise you to look elsewhere as the set up at SHC is not exactly the best for the computer majors. Aside from that, the small campus brings community and with it a closeness with fellow students and professors. Overall I would recommend this school to anyone aiming to attend college in the Mobile, AL area that is going into a more commonly held major.

Catherine

Spring Hill College is a wonderfully diverse and historically rich college. Not only is the campus beautiful, but the but it is also filled with a variety of opportunities and activities to keep students busy outside of class. The classes themselves are a comfortably small size that fosters open class discussions and allows for one on one student-professor interaction. Professors are always ready and available to help their students succeed, whether it be the professor tutoring during their office hours or sending them to the Center of Academic Excellence for tutoring from their experienced peers. Overall, Spring Hill College offers incredible opportunities and the perfect college for any student.

I liked spring hill college, however i felt as though there could have been a few more engaging activities and better food choices outside of the school cafeteria. I love the professors and their personalities. Ive met some great people there but i feel like a few things could be different.

Bobby

I should have gone to a college with really great academics and one with a solid and real Catholic Christian culture. Springhill College is a phony small "c" catholic school. As I look back on my college years at Springhill I see clearly that I should have attended either a great secular State college or a solid really Catholic college.

Spring Hill College is a great school if you are looking for a small, close knit community. The class sizes are one of the best things about Spring Hill. They are small enough that your professor knows your name and can give you extra help and cut you some slack when you need it, while still being large enough that you can skip when you need a day off. That being said, it is a small school. We joke and say it is actually "Spring Hill High" because everyone knows EVERYONE'S business. This can be fun if you like to spill tea with your friends and know what everyone ate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but can be stifling when everyone also knows all of your business. It is close enough to the beach that all the disadvantages hardly matter though. They give a decent amount of scholarship money to most students and will work with your financial situation. You also get a nice variety of students and personalities. The night life can get repetitive, kind of like eating leftovers night after night, but you can usually find something fun to do. Overall, a pretty good school.

Caitlin

Spring Hill college is a great small liberal arts school. Being in a capital city, there are plenty of resources on and off campus. The small class sizes and the fact that everyone seems to know each other makes the campus feel like a close-knit community.

Caroline

I am thoroughly pleased with my choice to attend Spring Hill College. Spring Hill is a smaller college with great care for their students, and the community is welcoming and friendly. It was one of the first things I noticed when I toured there! There are great restaurants and shops close to campus, and quite a few gyms/yoga studios nearby also. Spring Hill is a liberal arts college where you not only take classes in your major but also classes in each curriculum to give the students a well rounded education. I would say my biggest class had about 40 students while my smallest class had 5. I found my professors to be readily available for academic and life discussions, and I still keep in touch with a few of them. Spring Hill's on-campus housing isn't the best, but I looked at it as part of the college experience. Some dorms were definitely more preferable to others, but each one encourages the residents to interact through fun activities planned by the RAs. Spring Hill is a Jesuit college and gave many students the opportunity to participate in religion and reflection through retreats, events, and student masses. They never push religion on their students but they give students many opportunities to explore and respect various religions. They have activities going on nearly every weekend through the various organizations on campus so there is always something to do. I also loved Greek life there! I never thought I would want to join a Greek organization, but they truly are different everywhere you go so I would say to keep an open mind! Another great aspect of Spring Hill is how close it is to several beaches for a weekend or day trip; I have many memories in college of fun weekends at the beach with friends or even studying there for a different setting. Overall, Spring Hill College is a great place for academics, friendships, and personal growth.

Danielle

Spring Hill is by far the best college I went to see. The atmosphere was just as friendly as the people I met there. The professors are eager to help you and want nothing less than to see you succeed in every way. This college is small community based so it has a lot of one-on-one help. Highly recommended.

Kennedy

Spring Hill is a very communal campus. Because we are small, there is a close knit feeling. This works in everyone's advantage, whether it's making friends, building connections for internships, or furthering your education. The academics are very well rounded, challenging, yet stimulating to better prepare students to partake in the world around them. Spring Hill is very much a training ground before the real world comes, and knowing that makes me feel grateful that I have a place that will help prepare me, not just academically, but spiritually, mentally, physically (due to the many hills on campus), and socially.

Michele

I have thoroughly enjoy the college career I am building here, at Spring Hill. The professors are extremely helpful and they take the time to get to know their students. The classroom sizes are really nice, because if you have a question in class it is addressed and you receive the help you need. There are many quiet study spots besides your dorm. Outside the coffee cafe is my favorite study spot. Over all, I picked the best college, for me, to attend.

M

Waste of money. There are so many more opportunities out there, so please do not choose this school. Your money can take you much further elsewhere. The students are superficial and the dorms are loud. The counseling services are terrible and most of the classes are jokes unless you’re in the science/pre med curriculum. But from what I’ve seen, they are just given crazy tasks.