Springfield, MA
Springfield Technical Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Springfield Technical Community College

Chanavea

My classmates are very hard working, and passionate about trying to succeed there ultimate goals of becoming someone importa...

My classmates are very hard working, and passionate about trying to succeed there ultimate goals of becoming someone important.

The unique thing about my school is that it is a very clean and friendly campus. Almost, everyone is familiar with one another. Also, if someone is new to the school our school has what are Student Success leaders that are available to all in coming students who may need help at any time.

Being a college student now is a wonderful thing and I feel that it is a true honor. However, it?s also a very expensive thing and I believe that it?s best to actually know what you want to do before entering college because it is a very serious and it?s a very big decision. Although, if I known ahead of time as to what it took to become a college student I would have definitely paid close attentions to everyone who were trying there hardest to prepare me for this journey in my life. Furthermore, I also would have just did a little more research on other opportunities there were that would help me succeed just as far as a college student would.

Erika

Springfield Technical Community College is very diversified and gives the feeling of being welcomed. The classes are fairly small and the teachers are capable of spending that extra one on one time with the students who need help with their course. I like S.T.C.C. better then the other colleges that I attended and I personally love its variety of courses and majors. For a fairly small school their are many options for a student who is undecided.

Going back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior would of given me a better advantage of being more prepared for the college life. The transition was a huge wake up call for me, as for all freshman. I never would of thought how important it is to be organized and on time for everything because as a growing adult you start to suffer the consequences. High school really didn't prepare me for all that was to come from college. Once in college it's either get it together or leave. If given the opportunity I would of advised myself to start learning to be more organized and to start keeping a steady schedule. I never realized how many of the things I did on a daily basis I would have to give up to have time to study and do homework. I definitely would of prepared myself for that also. Life changes during college but it's for the better.

The most frustrating about S.T.C.C. is like most other colleges, the amount of coursework and carrying the load of books all day.

Colleen

I would tell myself to take all the classes I could in high school to better prepare for college. To make sure I do well on my SAT's and try my best to get into a college that best fits me. I should visit different colleges to see what they offer and how I would feel being a student there. I should educate myself on the scholarships and financial aid that is available and work at getting any help that?s needed to start my future. I should sit down with a school counselor and tell them my goals and how I want to go about achieving them. I should have my parents also talk with my councelor to make sure they understand everything. I should never let anyone discourage me that this is my future. I can do anything and be anyone I chose to be. I should never give up on my dreams and to work hard for them.

I would have to say that the worst thing about my school is the parking. We do have shuttles but it is very inconvenient especially when you are rushing to class or the weather is bad.

Anyone should attend this school. They have so much to offer. All of your credits can be transfered to a different college if needed in the future and the school keeps up with the times and offeres up to date materials and state of the art equipment. They even offer classes for the young adult.

STCC allows you to take any classes you want, they offer many tutoring services and other services to help students suceed. One thing I find very unique, is that there are many adult students at STCC, many people returning to school, these adults are welcomed by teenage students, and everyone works together, makes friends and study groups regardless of their age.

If I could go back and give myself advice on college, there are many things I would change. First i would have tried a lot harder in High school to be able to get in to more colleges right out of high school. Also, I would tell myself it is okay to start of at community college, taking the core classes there saved alot of money, and was a great way to ease in to the college experience. I would look in to colleges more as well, finding out as much information as possible, applying to college is a big deal, and so many people change their mind after going to a big expensive university for a year.

The worst thing about my school would be the area in which it is in. It is considered to be in the "ghetto", but the campus is perfectly safe.

Pavel

There was a recent article in TIME that discussed some common misconceptions in relation to colleges. One of these misconceptions was that high school grades are not entirely a good indicator of college performance. My high school grades were not entirely great. Sure, I passed; but there was no motivation for me to do better. At the time I was unsure of what career I wanted to pursue and I didn't put forward enough effort to research that issue. Luckily, or maybe by fate's hands, I was placed into a pharmacy for a summer job. I fell in love with it. Now I am pursuing an education in pharmaceuticals. If I had pushed myself to look into all the various jobs available, I would have gone off to a university from the beginning. In the same article, TIME also mentioned the misconception that community colleges are good. The issue with them is that graduates tend to not fare as well as students that went straight to a four year college. So, if I were to go back, I would tell myself to get off my rear (laziness is the root of all evil).

There are no great ways to meet people. Because STCC is a community college, no one lives at the college. Also, the majority of the students are either older, or have no interest in meeting new people as they have other needs to attend to (the typical STCC student is also working at the minimum a part time job, while some even pull off full time jobs). As such, its difficult to meet new people for study groups and to have new friends in general.

Because there are no on-campus living arrangements, I have to drive to college every day. I live 45 minutes away, and thus have to wake up at 0530 everyday to make it for a 0740 class. Luckily, I have been able to move in at my cousin's house and now the drive is only 15 minutes. Still, the drive is annoying. I can't wait for the day when I wake up 30 minutes before class and don't have to rush to make it because the walk is only a minute long.

Kyle

The students in my class are great, dedicated students that love engineering new new things to make the worl a better place.

What's unique about my school compared to other schools is that, the professors are just as enthusiastic about engineering as the students are.

If i could go back and talk to myself as a high senior, I would tell myself to take in as much knowledge as possible. I would have to myself this because during high school i would retain the information that was given, then when we would start a new lecture i would forget evrything from the last lecture, and start focusing on the new lecture. If i could go back i would also tell myself to to save all of my work that I completed. During high school i would throw away my work after a couple of months, because the teacher told us that we wouldnt need those papers anymore. I wish that i didnt because my first semester of college was a review of what we learned in some of my high school classes and i didnt have the notes to help me study over summer vacation. If i could have to myself anything i would have said to make sure you sudy over vacation and be prepaid beacause college is nothing like high school.

Springfield Technical Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.