Laurinburg, NC
St Andrews University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend St Andrews University

My school is willing to sacrafice there time and effort on the students at St. Andrews University.

St . Andrews University pays alot of attention to their students and are always there if you have any questions. It's a career college that focus on getting you a career and heading you into that field.

My greatest strength is probably my ability to socialize with different types of people. This trait would greatly help me be a great student at St. Andrews University. Being able to interact with people, I believe, is top priority for college and classroom interaction. I’m very down to earth; however, I know when I would have to take charge and stop being “nice” when the time is needed. I believe I have great time management skills. I deal with sports and academics well. I only save things for last minute when I know I can complete it with ease. Usually, I try to do my school work a few days before it’s due so I have less stress and more free time. Time management is a very important skill that should be considered in your transition to college.

Federica

St. Andrews is best known for its equestrian program and strong alumni.

St. Andrews is best known for its equestrian program and strong alumni.

Small campus and class size. Proffessors get to know students and are available anytime to help students.

Knowing what I know now about college I would tell myself to visit more schools and when I do visit I should sit in on classes and talk to proffessors about their expectations and guidelines. I would advise myself to talk to the director of my major to see what type of jobs I can get with my major and degree from St. Andrews. I would ask students to be truthful and tell me what really goes on on campus. I would tell myself that when choosing friends don't compromise yourself and be true to yourself and you will find true friends that will complement you not bring you down. I would tell myself to behave the same way I did in high school repectful, funny, and hardworking. I will tell myself not to compromise when choosing a school. I have to be ok with the majority of the school before I commit and lastly I will tell myself to let loose some time and enjoy the college experience in moderation ofcourse.

Hrisoula

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the big transition I would tell myself a lot of advice If i were able to go back in time. First I would tell myself that work whether its in the classroom or on the court comes before anything because that is the main thing I am going to school for. Hardwork definetly pays off in the long run and it also brings out yourtrue character. This is something I failed to understand until I was done with my first year of college. I would also tell myself to know who to trust and who has your back as a friend and who will not. When you are in college you lack the presence of your family so it is essential to pick friends wisely because you will never know who will be there for you when things get rough.

The most frustrating thing about my school is lack of renovations to the dorms and buildings

Kirsten

St. Andrews is set on a goregous campus. On one side is the education buildings and the other side is where the students live, and inbetween the two sides is a lake. Students can enjoy lunch/dinner by the lake on the patio outside Belk, the cafe. Besides the main campus is the Equestrian Facilities. As an equestrian, I can account for the fact that I am out there 7 days a week. No matter where you are the campus is great, classes are small and personal, and you can recieve a great education.

There are only around 500 students on campus. Because of how small it is, everyone knows everyone. In a way we are all a small, close-knit family. Every student goes out to the sporting events to cheer on our teams, and students even make their way out to the equestrian facilities to support the riding teams. We all encourage each other to do our best and push one another to succeed. We really are a family here at St. Andrews.

Alright Kirsten, this is what you need to do so you are more prepared for college. You need to take a Spanish class instead of French, it will definitely help you out in the long run. Secondly, when Dad sends you all of those scholarship opportunities, fill more of them out, this way you can help out not just Mom and Dad but yourself when you wan to bring down your horse. Also, flash cards will be your best friend, start making them now. When you take Microeconomis your first semester MAKE FLASHCARDS! It will help you out in the long run I promise. Be prepared to have to try new things, making friends is always key. I promise though, you will find a few who are really close to you by the second semester. Be active, join more groups, and riding all summer is going to benefit you in the long run. C4 is something you really want to do, so do it. Don't be afraid of doing new things, it will help you figure out not just yourself but what you want to do. Oh, and like always study! Do that and you will be set.

Alanna

My classmates would be best described as sweet, happy, fun-loving, exciting, funny, athletic, spirited, and smart individuals who know how to perfectly balance class time with party time and have fun during their time here; we all help each other as not just friends, but as a community and as a family, some of our students do not get to see their families often because of the long distances and wemake it our job to make our campus a home-away-from-home for those students and treat them as if they were our own flesh and blood.

Listen up, I know you have had a hard time lately with moving schools but everything will get better in time. You will be in college soon and let me tell you, it is going to be an awesome time but there are some things you need to know before you jump in. St. Andrews is a great place full of great people so don't be scared, show them your true colors and let your true self shine through. You and your roommate may have some problems along the way but let it go and everything will turn out for the best. You are going to make many new friends and get some great opportunities that you have never gotten before so be confidant in yourself. But, don't get too sidetracked, this is school afterall and you need to keep your grades up. Oh yeah, just one more thing, you are going to meet an amazing guy that is going to steal your heart and take you on adventures that you have never imagined before, so let your heart soar and show him the girl that you are on the inside because being yourself is all that matters.

I would consider the atmosphere of St. Andrews to be the best thing about the school itself. The students here are fun loving and spirited and our professors love to work with us and help us in any way they can. The land around our school is rural and peaceful and it adds up to be a great place to live. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here at SAU and would love to continue my education here until the very end. I feel very confidant and happy here. I am happy to have had the opportunity to attend SAU.

Laura

My classmates can be described as athletic, intelligent and hard-working. The students here at St. Andrews University are dedicated to their work and headstrong on completing their degree. Most students are atheltes or equestrians so whenever we have missed assignments they're there to help form groups to complete missed assignments.

If I could go back in time where I was a high school senior I would tell myself to be more invested in my schoolwork. I've realized that if you're more invested in what you're learning you will have better grades. I would tell myself that I should choose friends who are invested also in their school work so that I don't fall behind. Falling behind in school work leads an incompletion of works that leads to not making good grades. As a college student looking back into my high school days I feel as though I wish I prepared myself more educational wise. I have realized that I should have focused more on reading and writing because that plays an enormous role in college. I have proud though to say now I am much better and ready to succeed.

Our school is considered to a small campus which makes you feel as though you are in high school again. Having that kind of feeling makes you feel as though you can have a closer relationship with your peers and professors.

Kristen

My classmates are all very nice, it's a small campus so everyone knows everyone else and it makes for quite an interesting day everyday.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to just relax and everything would be okay. The transition is a hard to get use to especially if you choose a college far from home, but once you learn to manage your time appropriately it gets easier. I would also tell myself that I need to focus on the future and set goals for myself, both short term and long term. The long term needs to be graduating knowing that you put everything you had into school to do your best and then some. Short term should be to get through each day succesfully and come out with something positive at the end of each day because if you don't then you will burn yourself out too quickly. Also don't stress so much about things. Just do your best and try as hard as you can and college will be hard, but with determination and goals any one can do it.

I would say the worst thing about my school is the math department is a little slack. The professors try to help, but the way the professors teach the math here is not a good way if you aren't very good at math and even with extra help and tutoring, it's still not enough to help you understand. 0

Jeffrey

A place to find yourself in a sea of change and new perspectives.

A place to find yourself in a sea of change and new perspectives.

Get ready to see a whole new world, and be prepared to experience a lifestyle that is extremely different without parental consent and constant advice. The life of a college student, at least a successful one, depends on being able to manage your time effectively. Meaning that you must be able to balance out school work with being social, remebering that you came to college not to make friends but to gain an education, even though it is almost guaranteed that you willl make new friends because of the length of time you will be spending with others. Take as diverse of a range of classes as possible to make sure that you get the most out of your education. Find out what you want to do, but also think of the practicality of your major, and consider if the job market you are opening yourself up to is growing or decreasing. Have fun. College represents some of the best times of your life. There will most likely not be another time in which you are given the opportunity to learn instead of having a job. However make school your job, and make your social life relaxing and involved.

The food and the dorms and also the student life directors who did not meet up to my and many of my other classmates standards for events and dances held during the school year. A large portion of the money is used inappropriately and not to improve student life.

Nasra

When considering my choices for my colleges, my main and primary concern was to eliminate any negative traits holding me back from accomplishing my goals in life. I believe that St. Andrews has accomplished that. While attending this school, I feel as though I have grown to become a stronger individual. One of the greatest impacts this school has had on me is improving my work ethic. The professors continuously reminds us just how much we have on the line because of studies and because of that, this inspirres other students to work hard at achieving our goals. This is one trait that I know will be with me even after I graduate and will continue to help guide me through any obstacles that I face in my life. Attending this school will not only give you the experience of a lifetime, but wil also prepare you for what lies ahead of you in the future.

The security could be a whole lot better than it is now. Also, the on campus housing should be better as well considering its cost.

People who enjoy horses and other related activities would feel at home at St. Andrews. Also, people who enjoy voicing and discussing they're views would also be welcomed. If your a person who enjoys leisure activities such as bag piping as well as artistic actiivities would also like St. Andrews.

I have deep regrets concerning my choice to attend St. Andrews on account of accademic and financial set backs. However, I do not truly regret attending St. Andrews as I met the very best people while attending. I made friends with professors, community members and fellow students that I will cherish throughout my life time. St. Andrews, for all of the school's faults, is a place where anyone is free to grow and discover themselves and is welcomed with open arms. While attending, I was not given accurate advice as pertains to my major and so I have been greatly set back in my plans for my career, but I was given excellent advice on how to live a life with value and how to be a well rounded person. Attending St. Andrews was valuable, if nothing else, for the experiences I had that taught me about myself.

If you are extremely passionate about learning about a wide spectrum of facts, if you are extremely passionate about art, interested in the horses or if you feel like you do not belong anywhere; St. Andrews if for you. I warn, however, that if you are not financially well off you may not succeed here as the cost of tuition continues to rise. Also, the school is barely staying open due to financial and credit instability.

I do not brag about this school as their poor performance in the financial department has caused me such grief that I am transfering. However, were I to brag it would be about how passionately dedicated the professors are. Not only are the professors great people, but they care very much about their students as people and about the school. A year or so ago, the core professors all accepted a cut on their salaries by half just to help the school stay open. You can not ask for better teachers.

St Andrews University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.