Laurinburg, NC

St Andrews University

« See more reviews of St Andrews University

I wish i had of know what the weekends were really like and how they are what people talk about monday morning. Its crazy here sometimes, but most people make sure they have their homework done before they go out. Security trys to bust people on underage drinking, but they dont do a very good job. As long as your not crazy drunk and bringing attention to yourself, your most likely not going to get caught.

The only thing I wish I would have done before attending this school would have been to apply for more scholarships. Since this is a private school there is a larger tuition and I know it is going to be tough to pay back so many student loans. Even though money is limited I know this is where I am supposed to be; and I will fight to stay here as long as I can.

I chose not to take a full tour of the campus and that may have played a factor in my decisions to attend the school. The majority of the dorms are in poor condition. I also with I would have known there wasn't an option to live off campus or get off the food plan. I'm sure I would have been told these things in a tour if I had even tthought to ask them.

To start there is a lot of partying on the weekends and the secince departments are not academically strong. We have some very good professors and some not so good ones. I wish St. Andrews could be a better place and not have accreditation problems. I also wish they did not have financial problems.

I wish I would have known how awesome all the people were. It is a really great atmosphere, and everyone is incredibly friendly. I also wish I would have known that the classes were so student focused instead of large conversational group.

the poor quality of food and living areas.

How unhelpful some upperclassmen are.