St Bonaventure University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for St Bonaventure University

sal

Bonaventure feels like an old sweater. The campus is lovely, sprawling set on a river in a wonderful valley. There are three new and very substantial buildings, the student sports center, the art & theater complex and the business facility. All completely state of the art. The dining hall has been renovated and there is a lovely cafe with snuggly chairs and a fireplace. I just love it. We have so much school spirit and both our teams had record seasons and were nationally ranked. There is great ski area 20 mins away and I went every Friday. The alumni flood the campus during events and students like talking to us. I loved every minute of being there.

sal

Best years of my life. I went on to a top 25 graduate school from Bonaventure well prepared academically and socially. Bonaventure is beautiful place with great kids and great school spirit. My younger son is very close to committing. He loved the visit. Parents put Bonnies on your list.

Eileen

A great university with AMAZING programs. They have a variety of programs. The education program is by far the best in NYS. They also have a Physical Education program which is only offered at a few colleges in NYS. The professors are available all the time with an open door policy. If you ski or snow board - holiday valley has amazing powder. You will know everyone on campus. Small class sizes. If St. Bonaventure has your major- I suggest checking it out because the cost of the school is lower than a SUNY or CUNY School, if you are a decent student. Another bonus is that students stay on or around campus on weekends. Not a commuter school. Although there are a few kids that are local. I'm a parent of an Alumnus and I have a current child there. It was the best decision our family made. My daughter is in her second year of medical school through an amazing combined medical program with GW Medical school, and my son is a math major with secondary education as a minor. He has already had exposure to the education system. The professors are amazing.

SS

My son is an incoming Freshman. We just returned from an incredible orientation. They were so comprehensive and caring. We had more time to see the campus and it is outstanding, Large, green, sprawling with excellent facilities. Impeccably clean housing and even has a lovely 9 hole golf course right on campus. Just wonderful. The other parents we spoke to were equally impressed with the quality of the event.

JJ

I will be a sophomore and I really can't wait to get back. I had a great summer internship but I miss the excitement of Bonaventure. I made the right choice and all of my friends are returning. This is a great school with lots of spirit. No school is perfect but any deficiency is compensated for by the close community and friendships. I have had friends visit from larger schools that were so impressed by Bonaventure and the campus. By all means visit!!

Mike

We were quite surprised what a lovely school this is and so happy it stayed on the list for this fall. We didn't have negative feelings going in but we didn't focus on the school that much. We were also in complete agreement that the area was far better than we were told. The campus was absolutely beautiful, big and sprawling set in a valley next to a river. The kids were friendly and seemed very happy. Highly recommend a visit to St. Bonaventure.

Ad

I am a junior Accounting major. I love this school. The new business school building is amazing. I was hesitant due to it being remote but I love being here. I love the school spirit. The girls are great. I have no regrets and I am amazed how many alumni come back to visit. During the basketball season literally thousands come back. Packs of them everywhere. Lots of legacy kids come here. Go Bonas!!

Brooklynn

St. Bonaventure University is a great school as a whole. The basketball season is the best time of the year. The biggest downfall of the school is that the food isn't very good. A lot of times you will find yourself eating out instead of eating at the cafeteria.

I love the school, it has brought me together with a bunch of my friends that I would have never met otherwise. As for the classes they always keeping me thinking in and out of the classroom. The faculty there is amazing always trying to help students succeed no matter the circumstance that they are in.

Paige

Everyone at St. Bonaventure is extremely welcoming and would be more than happy to assist people to need help. The professors are very open and flexible to fitting students in who need a little extra help. Although the food my not be my favorite at all times I can always find something that is edible. I chose this school over eighteen others, and I don't regret my decision at all!

Anna

I love it! There is always something to do if you get involved. There isn't a lot to do around like a city, but Ellicotville is great to visit. Also our school provides trips for us to NYC during the school year. The campus is beautiful and the freshman dorms are the best on campus too.

Christin

Overall, the college is great but has downsides! It is centered around family and Franciscan values that more people should live by. People are USUALLY friendly. DOWNSIDES that I notice are the occasional talk about drinking and partying. If you are a student that does not party or drink, then you might feel uncomfortable and may find it hard to relate to these peers but if you are able to focus on yourself and don't give in to peer pressure, you should be fine and can still enjoy yourself at this college. This is what I learned. There are more positives than negatives at this school. There are soo many clubs you can take part in such as the Laugh Pack, plays, sports, Mountain Community Leaders, and much more. The campus is big on Sustainability and Environmental education. Another Downside I notice is that if you are an environmental Science major, there is only one professor that teaches most of the related and required courses that you need to take so if you don't like that professor, you are stuck with him. There is no other option. Besides this, there is a lot to see and experience. There are fun and engaging events and guest speakers. There is even open swim. The campus is very inclusive and accepting. It feels like family. When it comes to sports games, this college is all about it. Especially basketball. Mostly everyone has game spirit and goes to every basketball game. Lastly, make sure you have snacks, eye masks when you sleep, and make sure to communicate with your roommate.

Tom

To small and bad location. If you do not play sports there really isn’t much to do.

Jack

Just another Catholic money grab.