St Catherine University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for St Catherine University

Alejandra

My opinion of St Kate's is that it is such a lovely campus filled with incredible professors who really take the time to get to know everyone. They are always available in class, after class or office hours to help students succeed. The SEEK team does a wonderful job of creating fun events for students to attend to have fun because at St Kate's our motto is life beyond books.

Annastasia

I was apprehensive at first about attending, but I ended up really loving the message of social justice and Catholic social teaching that the university has. I've had a great experience here so far, and I love the community and the opportunities that St Catherine offers!

Mysee

I love St Catherine University! The professors are amazing! Being a student-parent, they have amazing staff that have many resources to help me out. The professors are very understanding when it comes to family issues. One time my daughter was hospitalized for pneumonia, my professor told me to not worry about school right now and focus on my daughter. Just last Thursday there was an exam and I did not have childcare that day. I brought her to school and explained the situation to my professor. She allowed me to still take the exam since I was already at school. I just took it in the lab where my daughter wouldn't be distracting the other students taking the exam. St Kate's is a little more pricey than public colleges and universities, but I think it is definitely worth the money. The small community and convenience of its location is ideal for me and my learning.

Sally

It's an okay school; I don't think I would recommend this college for numerous reasons. Somewhat disappointed what their mission is and wanting to promote and educate women to stand up for what we believe in, but yet they lack that in areas. The faculties on campus are supposed to be leader and role models for us women. However, I feel that some do see it as a business point of view. Which is why there are many flaws as we the students and incoming students are the "customers". As me being a customer of the school, I am disappointed with the experience that I have with this school. Unless, you are one of the main popular major that St. Kate is known for then I would maybe consider this school, but if not then I would find a different school.

Gabrielle

St. Catherine University is a safe and wonderful place to go to school. The professors are very friendly and helpful, with a drive to help the student succeed. While it is small and there isn't much to do, St. Kate's teams up with the University of St. Thomas for events and programs. Many of the students are very friendly and accepting and there are opportunities to get involved in different organizations on campus. It is centrally located in the Twin Cities, with the Metro making transportation very possibly to almost anywhere in the Metro Area.

Leigha

Awesome sized campus and classes, lots of things to do in neighborhood, safe campus and surrounding neighborhoods, great academic integrity

Juniper

I'm only a freshman but I'm honestly loving St. Catherine's University (St. Kate's). Yes, it is pretty pricey buuut-you also have to take into account that it's a university, nonetheless a women's university (and is private!). I couldn't be happier here and fit in more :) The Harry Potter literature class is one I recommend if you're into that-they go all out and I truly feel like a sassy member of the Gryffindor tower (even though I'm a Slytherin... awkward?)

Ngaosy-ong

I really like St Catherine, I always feel safe and I always feel like everyone there respects each other beliefs and ethnicity. All the faculty staff and student there are really honest and respectful. If I can choose a school all over again I will choose St Catherine.

Katrina

It is a good school in a nice area, but the students and professors are very liberal. It would be nice if there was opportunity to hear discussion on all sides of various issues, rather than only one perspective. I appreciate that this school has various majors, especially the less common, like ASL interpreting.

Mackemeh

St. Kate is a college for people who are serious about their academics, if you’re looking for a party school, this isn’t the right school for you. The professors care about your success and flexible to you. THE campus food could be better but it is better then nothing.

Love it!!! There’s always someone there to help you whether it’s faculty/staff or your classmates. The school focuses a lot on their education and strives to make sure everyone can reach their goals. From the moment you arrive, you know you belong. It’s very easy to have challenging conversations with anyone on campus because we all believe in growth as a society and personal growth.

Leslie

It's a great school! The professors are super down to earth and very personable. I'm still great friends with some of my professors. The campus is beautiful and within walking distance to a lot of shops. There are really any parties but they're within a short Uber ride away if you're into that!

St Catherine University is a private Catholic liberal arts university. The campus is beautiful and the people wonderful. The school has a very robust and diverse enrollment and it is a mostly women's college, educating us to lead and influence people and communities. The school puts their emphasis on preparing the students to be ethical leaders and makes sure we develop our intellectual flexibility and practical ingenuity to succeed in whatever field of study we are in. I'm also in the athletic program for the school as a swimmer and are beyond impressed with my coach and his coaching staff.

Yvonne

St. Catherine is an amazing university. The campus is beautiful. Within a gate and tons of campus security, safety is ensured. The students are friendly. They are always holding open doors and smiling in passing. The faculty is geared to help us. They have flexible office hours and go the extra mile to help. The academia is rigorous yet promising. With so many different choices in majors, there is no doubt everyone will find their perfect niche. I made a great choice attending St. Kate's.

Alissa

I would choose the school again. I wish they helped the freshman more with the transition because a lot of my friends struggled/ had suicidal urges. The sports are great but for D3 are over competitive. The teachers make us feel amazing with their constant help and editing of the course based off of the students.

Summer

St. Catherine University is a great school. I love the class size, and the students here are friendly. I like how involved the students are on campus. The teachers are easy to meet with they tell us when their office hours are. One thing the University could work on is more options in the cafeteria and so that the food isn't so repetitive.

Morgan

St. Catherine University is an amazing academic school, all the faculty, including coaches, teachers, and the admissions office are all caring and want every student here to succeed. Yes there are a lot of positives like class sizes are small, you don't have to walk far to get to classes, teachers are understanding and helpful, but to those positives there are negatives. The food here is good but there is never really options, everything is close but not close enough to walk, for some people the all girls thing throws them off. St. Catherines definitely has positives and negatives but I love it here and do not see myself anywhere else!

Julia

St. Kate's is a great school, academically. This semester there have been multiple incidents with arson and gun threats and there are constant fire alarms going off in the dorms. The community is very welcoming and open and there are many groups to get involved with. Plus, there will almost always be someone who agrees with your political stance. The professors are very kind and forgiving, but there are a few that can be difficult to deal with. I have experienced some who have graded on bias. The food in the café is good with a good variety, unless you have a food allergy. Coming in with a food allergy leads to a lot of salads with cross contamination. I think the kitchen staff could be more knowledgeable about food allergies and how easily they affect people.

Corrin

St Catherine University is a wonderful school. Everyone is warm and welcoming and there are so many ways to get involved. The campus is very safe and beautiful. The professors are always helpful and understanding. There is never a shortage of fun activities and opportunities. The only downfall is feeling homesick and missing home cooked meals. I highly recommend going here, but only if you know you'll be able to afford it.

Julia

St. Catherine University is a welcoming and friendly campus, but like all colleges, it is very expensive and difficult to afford. A great deal of students here are very feminist and politically active. There are many work study opportunities. The teachers are overall friendly and accessible, with fair grading policies. Campus itself is full of beautiful gardens and we have a duck/goose pond.

Anna Leticia

St. Catherine University is an extremely pleasant place to learn. The only downsides are that community is, for the most part, very liberal, and some of the classes may have an annoyingly feministic undertone. But politics aside, the teachers are phenomenal and most of the students are willing to have challenging and interesting conversations.

Tenzin

My overall opinion of St. Catherine University is that it is a decent school in terms of academics and activities, but when it comes to diversity, that is one thing the college lacks. For someone who is a person of color, it is difficult finding a group of friends I feel comfortable with because the campus is not diverse in which I believed it to be.

It's a wonderful, private university with many wonderful people who are deeply rooted in their Catholic faith. Even students who are not strictly Catholic are somehow connected to Christianity. This definitely shows when attending classes. Students are very kind and likely to help and seek out help when needed.

I love St. Kate's! The students can sometimes get very justice warrior-esque, but I know it comes from their real desire to help the world. The professors take an interest in the students in their programs and provide research and TA opportunities right away, in my experience at least. The staff is all kind, and I feel so safe on campus I can sleep in the public buildings or leave my backpack somewhere for hours and not worry about it getting stolen. People here take women and their educations seriously, and it shows everywhere on campus.

Angel

It's an amazing place for other women to feel empowered and supported by other women. It's a calm and beautiful campus. All the professors are friendly and really care about your academics, not to mention that there are courses for so many things as well.

Byee

What I love about this school is that it has a strong community and when you are there, you feel just like home. It is unlike other colleges when students go to parties and do illegal things. I loved the people I’m surrounded by here. In the small class size, students can interact with their peers and professors very easily and it makes learning better. I also love the beautiful campus especially in the summer with all the flowers. I love St. Kate’s overall.

Skye

I think St. Catherine is a lovely school. It is a very empowering community for women. They really encourage and promote women's education and success. There is so many clubs to get involved in, they are fun festive nights that they host. Every year they have a mini carnival that all students are able to participate in. They have a really great education system, the professors really supportive and are there to help you in your journey!

Sierra

I really like the campus it is always so beautiful in the summertime with all the work they do with the flowers. I also enjoy the small class sizes so you can get the help you need if you need it. Most of the professors i have had are very nice and understanding. They always have different things going on and they keep us commuter students informed of everything on campus.

Samia

I absolutely love St Catherine University. I am high school senior and plan to attend next fall. I feel welcome and accepted and everyone is so kind and smart. I always have the best conversations with the girls there and I cannot wait until I am actually a student there.

Charmaine

I absolutely love St. Catherine! Everyone is very welcoming and willing to lend a hand! When I need extra help or advice, there is always someone to reach out to, which is a very different environment than my previous school I attended. I highly recommend this university to all!

Charley

I absolutely love everything about St Catherine University. The professors are always available to help and the financial aid and student services never give me the run around like other colleges. The only complain I can think of is how expensive it is but then again, I am used to paying for community college.

dani

St. Catherine is in the Twin Cities and the first time I ever drove through the cities by myself. I thought it was going to be a worse drive than it is, but the university is in a smaller part of the city which I like. The campus is old, but looks great and has well-kept buildings.

Phoebe

The teachers are usually quirky and cool, but the school wants to put more money into the aesthetics of the school than into the actual programs and it shows. They keep cutting the arts and expanding nursing. It's frustrating because I'm worried my performing arts scholarships will be cut.