St Clair County Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for St Clair County Community College

Melissa

St Clair County Community College is an outstanding two year college to go to! It has a perfect blend of extra activities for students (from sports to religion to card/video game clubs) to necessary and convenient lectures. The classes are designed to fit a nearly perfect ratio of students per professor and all the teachers hand out numerous ways to contact them (from office hours to emails, cell phones, house phones, and a few give their address for students to send postcards and holiday mail after the semester). The campus itself has multiple tools to assist students from learning centers and free tutoring to career centers to help assist with jobs and required learning. Although it's is a perfect spot in a small town, it's only a two year college and offers only so much. However the college has been working to partner up with four year universities to provide more for their students and offer more classes and degree options. Overall, I think it's the best community college anyone could ask for!

Nyssa

The school overall is a nice opportunity to get general credits, for a lower price. My first semester was 1,862 dollars, which is definitely cheaper than a university. Some of the teachers really care about the students, while some really don't. The faculty is bad at keeping in touch with students, for instance, I signed up for four classes, two of which were at noon, and two that were night classes. Without notifying me whatsoever, the school changed them to 8 am classes, and noon classes. I really don't think it's okay.

nicole

very nice, clean, and very nice professors that care and want you to succeed. The class sizes are small so you are able to ask questions and have better relationships with the teachers. Teachers get to know you so its more personal than big universities.

Tristan

SC4, one of the colleges most students don't know the real name to. SC4, or more correctly named Saint Clair Community College is a small, affordable, and down the core basic college. At SC4 you will find parking more stressful than passing that final exam. After finding that parking spot you will take a small walk to one of the many decrepit buildings. In this case older isn't wiser regarding the buildings with the schools education. Inside these ancient buildings you'll find the education is elemental. The educators are smart, funny, and great at what they do, but sometimes lack a bit of spice, and classes can rapidly become stale. Talking about spices and staleness, after a class or two, you'll find yourself at the student center for food. Now, don't expect a steak meal, or a luxurious dish from Gordon Ramsay or Anthony Bourdain. You're getting stale cafeteria food, and it lacks that spice! Good thing only five miles away is a lot of fast food, and restaurants, but that's only if you want to risk that hard earned parking spot. SC4 isn't a bad college, but it is an elderly bare-boned school, with decent education, at a fair price, and with an on campus store that's like going to your local staples. Great for an intro to college school, for your associates.

Cassandra

It's a great college that has smaller class sizes, which are great to find new friends and be able to ask your teacher questions before and after class or at office hours. It's affordable and offers financial aid and scholarships to almost all students. I love how everyone there is so kind and easy to talk! The college center is also a great place to go and study in between classes.

It is great for this college to be here. In some news articles, they are saying they want to transform this town into a 'college town' and I absolutely love the idea. They might have a few bugs to fix but every time iv'e ran into a problem, it was eagerly fixed. The only thing I don't completely agree with is, if you use your financial aid money early to get supplies through the school store, it seems way more expensive than to just buy them online. But then again, it could be the same with all colleges. Overall, I am loving my school so far, and the teachers and staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

Breanna

St. Clair County Community College (SC4) was a great place to begin furthering my education. I decided to start taking classes at SC4 my junior year. I joined a program called The Blue Water Middle College Academy. This program has allowed me to graduate from Port Huron High School in 2017 and then, only a year later, graduate from SC4 in 2018 with my associates of Applied Sciences. SC4 has been very welcoming of high school students and all of the professors I have ever come across have been very open and willing to help all of their students with everything they may need.

Nyssa

The professors are amazing, but the advisors all tell you different things, and it's extremely stressful. It would also be nice if the Library was open for more than four hours on the weekend. I really like to have Library time, but don't have as much time for it during the week, but then its closed most of the weekend.

Christian

I am currently a dual enrolled student completing High School and my Associate degree consecutively. I am mostly satisfied with my education through this institution. The class did have issues related to a faculty member who may have been poorly trained on the use of the technology necessary. The lack of professionalism on the part of the faculty member was also very alarming. The college reviewed the complaints made and handled the situation. Otherwise, the experience and education have been good.

Cody

St. Clair County Community College is a great school for 2 year students who plan on transferring to a higher university. The professors there are extremely friendly and always around and willing to help. I would recommend any student to this school before transferring to a major university to finish out their degree.

Alexandra

I love attending here! Such a great place to be, and the teachers are amazingly helpful! I have never felt unwelcomed by any of my professors. I know I can stop by their offices anytime, to visit or to ask questions on any assignments that may be given!

Madison

My view of this college is that it is very friendly and very accessible to everyone. The professors at this college are very accessible at pretty much all hours and they care about the successfulness of the students. The walking distance from the buildings to the library and student center are short and efficient. I generally feel safe on campus and there are always campus patrol around or near the buildings.

Alissa

St. Clair Community College is not only a school but is a culture. The faculty, administration, and students are absolutely amazing and truly challenging. The curriculum that is set for us is for sure what we are going to use when we persue or intended careers. Their classes are set specific to who you want to be in the future and that is what makes SC4 special. Along with the manageable class sizes the campus life style is very suttle. There are so many components that make St. Clair County Community College special and I defiantly made the right decision by attending here.

Madelyn

I duel enroll as a senior in high school and honesty one of the best decisions I have ever made. All the professors I have had have been very understanding and helpful with everything . Sure you have the occasional professor that is not the best or is kinda mean but what school doesn't. Our students body is what sets us apart from other schools, I've rarely met a students that didn't want to help. Overall I highly recommend this school not only for its atmosphere but for your wallet as well.

William

Its a quaint community with good faculty. Professors care about their students and make sure to be available to them at all times, they regularly check their emails too! Administration is okay, but the school as a whole is great! I didn't have many other issues besides I wish they offered more scholarship opportunities.

LeAuna

Overall great. Go there, get your classes finished, and the teachers are extremely helpful and students as well. Campus is available for everyone and very safe. Staff is nice and around campus and in campus food options are available. Many local restaurants in the area are very good.