St John’s University-New York Top Questions

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Jordan-Ivana

its not just the students that are diverse on campus our sports are just as vast. we have everything from fencing to soccer and tennis to basketball. there are club sports just for fun and division sports for the more competitive type

Alexa

St. John's University boasts an excellent men's soccer team and, after last season, basketball team. We also have a lacrosse team and women's soccer team that have had many successful seasons. School spirit is kind of low around campus most of the time, but students love to make their way out to Madison Square Garden for basketball games during the season and cheer on the Red Storm.

There are many different sports, from baseball, to soccer, etc. The most popular sport is the Saint John's basketball team. We actually had a ranking and made it March Madness last year!

There really isn't many sports on the Staten Island campus, but if you want to be involved in sports you would have to go to the Queens campus (main campus). Most people already know that the sports team that is most evolved by St. John's is basketball. There is not much other sports that get as much recognition. And due to the area in which the campus is located there is not a football team or many other field related sports.