St John’s University-New York Top Questions

Tell us about your professors.

Jordan-Ivana

every department is different and ofcourse some professors are alot better than others but since the creation of ratemyprofessor.com that is not longer a problem. it has reviews from real students that have taken the classes and give feedback on their profs

Ajia

I've had the best and the worst of professors. The most intelligent and the completely clueless professors. I took a class in American Legal History and my professor was very intelligent but it was hard to keep up with his notes because he spoke continuously for an hour. Another class I took focusing in Caribbean Studies was very interesting because my professor was also very intelligent but he took long pauses between the focal points of his lecture. On the otherside of the spectrum, I took a government class and my professor rarely showed up to class. Out of the entire semester he only came to class about four times. The class started at 7:30am but we wouldn't find out that class was cancelled until 8am because he didn't decide to notify us until 8am. Another horrible professor I had was for Psychics where my professor taught the class a large amount of material but the tests had nothing to do with anything that we were taught.