St Lawrence University

« See more reviews of St Lawrence University

I would not suggest this school to those who seek education in a "trade", or parochial, job oriented programs. St. Lawrence emphasizes that learning IS a career, and students develop their futures from their studies. Internships are plentiful for those who wish to seek employment experience, but the university is not intent on throwing students directly into the market. We strive to improve the conceptions, improve the conditions of the market. We see the big picture and refine it.

people who want to be in a bustling city with lots to do off campus. people shouldn't attend SLU if they are looking for a big school with little interaction with their professors. people are always looking over your shoulder here, which sometimes makes it hard to be independent from your advisor/faculty

A person who isn't open to new ideas or experiences. If you don't like small towns or rural areas, this isn't the place for you. You have to enjoy the outdoors if you want to get off campus, even though there are cities you can travel to that aren't too far away.

Someone who likes the freedom of living in a big city. Canton is very cold and in the middle of nowhere, so anyone who likes to be warm and entertained 24/7 should avoid SLU.

Someone who doesn't enjoy a party school. Someone with conservative political values. Someone who doesn't do drugs. Someone who values personal responsibility.

If you want a big city, hate the cold, want huge greek life or need an extremely diverse/broad minded campus, SLU might not be for you.

Any individual who is somewhat introverted or does not like to get involved with campus activities such as clubs or sports.

A liberal person that doesn't like heavy drinking, anyone dealing with sexuality or gender issues, and shy people.

Those who are closed minded and not wanting to succede.

active and love the outdoors