St Lawrence University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for St Lawrence University

Heather

I love St. Lawrence University. When I originally made my decision to attend St. Lawrence I was a little skeptical, but the school has a great reputation and alumni connections. Attending SLU I have seen myself become the person I always wanted to be. I have made so many wonderful friends and met a lot of important alumni. I have felt challenged by my courses and feel like I have really learned something. The food is great and the overall sense of community really makes it feel like home.

Mack

St. Lawrence is a great school for people looking to work hard for the grades they want. It is not easy and the professors are not in it to let you slide by just because you are not putting effort in, with that being said, the professors are always open to talk and let you know what you can be doing better. Our athletics are not just the varsity sports, but there are a wide variety of club teams to join and a plethora of groups and organizations to join when you arrive! The food is pretty good compared to other schools, but remember to explore the rest of the options, not just the dining hall! Just make sure you remember your purpose is to get an education, not to drink and go crazy; however there are plenty of opportunities for that if you find the right group of people. Keep your head on your shoulders and remember to call mom and dad!

Louise

This is an excellent liberal arts university. With small class sizes and a close knit community, St. Lawrence only wishes the best for their students and hope to see them succeed after they graduate. While the winters are long there is no shortage of activities and the SLU community makes the most of the frozen tundra by taking advantage of the Adirondacks and other North Country adventures!

Shania

Immediately when you arrive it gives off a home-like feeling. It is beautiful throughout all seasons and in a small area of Upstate,NY- the campus is overall very safe. The cafe has a variety of all delicious food and offers options for folks who have certain diets such as gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan. The dorms have a decent space and are all very nice. The class sizes are small therefore you get quality education. Overall, SLU is a great place to be and is worth every cent of tuition.

Grace

I think it's a pretty cool place. It's not necessarily that I'm in love with SLU, but I've definitely found my people here, and for that reason, I am very happy I went to SLU. Initially, I only decided to attend SLU because I got a decent amount of money, and it looked like my best option. I wasn't particularly fond of it. Now though, one semester in, I'm still not quite sure how I feel. I think that some things they do are pretty dumb, like the way they do course credits (it's seems very complicated for no good reason), as well as the fact that professors aren't under any obligation to post your grades throughout the semester? Seems weird to me. But overall, I'd say it's a good experience, a great education, and a fun time.