Saint Louis, MO
St Louis College of Pharmacy

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend St Louis College of Pharmacy

Morgan

The college does not seem to be student-centered. Decisions are not made with the students best interest. The school is very focused on money and much of the administration is inconsiderate to the burden their executive decisions place on the student. For instance, my class has always been told we were required to live on campus for 2 years. We signed an agreement to this before beginning attendance freshman year. Then, during the second semester of our second year in attendance, the administration communicated to us that we were now required to live on campus for 3 years. Many people had already begun making alternative arrangements for the upcoming semester, and when the college administration was confronted they were stubborn and unwavering.

Christopher

Overall, I enjoy being a student at STLCOP. Though it is a 5 hour drive from my home, it is worth it to be studying at a college where everyone else is studying the same thing. Everyone, including the professors, actively try to help one another since its a relatively small school.

weaam

Great school, I absolutely love it! It is located in a great area, I feel very safe, and everyone is so genuine and kind; always willing to help. Professors are easy to reach, even after office hours. I really enjoy being there and encourage others to apply if interested.

Tyler

It is a straight six year program for pharmacy and does not require you to take the PCAT.

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and give high school self any advice about college that I wanted, I would decline the offer. I do not want to change the person who I have turned out to be. The person I am today, along with all my friends and the knowledge I have acquired are all based on my previous learning experiences. If I changed one little aspect of my past then there is no way of knowing what impact it would have on the present. My college experience has been enjoyable. I have passed my first two years with Dean’s List grades and have made many friends for life. Naturally I have made a couple mistakes, but none of which I regret. College is a stepping stone in the path to adulthood, and if someone else is taking those steps for me then would I ever actually reach the end goal? My father once told me to “live with your mistakes and learn from them”. That was excellent advice, but by high school I had already been living by that advice for years, and that is why I would decline the offer.

A person who genuinely enjoys studying, and does not have much of an interest for a social life would be interested in this college.

Margaret

My school is best known for the rigorous academic load it puts on students. This being said, it is also known for guaranteeing graduates a career that is considered high in prestige. St. Louis College of Pharmacy has a small campus, but it is easy for getting to classes and getting to know everybody on campus (including faculty and staff). Most students attending STLCOP believe it is a long term investment that will pay off with a strong future.

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, I would tell myself to better prepare myself for the stresses that college would bring me. I would tell myself to eat as much home cooking while I still could and to fill out as many scholarship applications as possible because those numbers sure add up quickly. Yet even now, these things seem not only material, but trivial. The most important piece of advice I could ever give anybody like myself- moving away from home for the first time, ready to tackle the next huge chapter of my life all by themselves, to just sit back and absorb their life in that transition moment as much as they could. Before you go to college you have a lot of 'lasts', and I am afraid I was so caught up in all the tiny preparations that needed to be made, they passed by me without me truly being able to appreciate them. If I had to do it over, I would not change much, but I would open my eyes to the changes that were already set in place for me.

There are many little things at St. Louis of College of Pharmacy that could be better. We have a lame mascot, redundant cafeteria menu, and limited parking facilities. However the worst thing at STLCOP would be the amount of stress the workload puts on the students. Pharmacy students are some of the most stressed out people I have ever met. But we all bear this burden in hopes that it will pay off with a Doctorate in Pharmacy after only six years of schooling.

Deann

My school is best known for being an all pharmacy school. Everyone on campus has the same major which can be nice when trying to study.

Although I am only a freshman in college and have not been able to experience much of the college life, the best advice I would give myself as a senior is to follow your heart. The school I thought would be the school of my dreams ended up not being a good fit for me. However if I would not have tried going to this school I would have regretted it in the future. Also get involved in anything and everything that catches your interest. The more you are involved the more people you will meet and the better time you will have. Last but not least, it's college. Have the time of your life but don't forget when you need to study instead of going to that party all of your friends are going to.

The worst thing about my school is that freshmen are not allowed to have cars on campus. You can pay for a parking spot but those can cost $100 a month and with the price of the school this is a bit much. You do not need a car to get around campus but if you want to really see the city it would come in handy. I think I would have had a better time if I would have been able to have my car with me.

Robyn

Due to its small size and focused curriculum, St. Louis College of Pharmacy has a well-connected student body. Since the college offers only one degree, the graduating classes at STLCOP are more close-knit than other universities. Students study and work together to complete the program as a group of friends instead of competing peers. College is where you meet your lifelong friends, and at STLCOP, friends become family.

St. Loius College of Pharmacy (STLCOP) is a six-year program with only 1200 students in the entire college Our mascot, The Eutectic, was recognized by Time Magazine as one of the Top Ten Worst Team Names. A Eutectic is when two solids make a liquid, hence why our mascot is not only nerdy, but extremely fitting for the college. STLCOP offers only one degree: a PharmD. Although it is not well known, STLCOP is a proud school known for its rigorous coarse load and focused student body.

Dear 18-year-old college-naive self, Don't panic. College isn't as scary as it seems, and the people you will meet will be lifelong friends. Don't be afraid to explore the city with newfound friends, join in on an ultimate frisbee tournament, or befriend a cafeteria worker. If anything, fear and nervousness will hold you back. Be courageous. Please study as much as you can. In the end, that extra hour studying for your General Chemistry exam might and probably will pay off during finals. There are less points earned and rewarded for hard work in college; do not loose yourself in the many tempations to put off studying. Be focused. Parties are an inevitable part of college life. Party in moderation and stay in control. Many people will drop out in the first semester and loose sight of their goals. Be safe. Above all, have fun. Make friends, join clubs, and enjoy the experience. With love and much wisdom, Robyn

St. Louis College of Pharmacy is best known for it's zero though six Pharm. D program. This college takes students right out of high school and graduates them six years later as a class of top pharmacists. It is a nice, small campus with lots of one on one with students and faculty.

St. Louis College of Pharmacy is one of the few schools with the zero through six Pharm. D program. The only degree you can earn at STLCOP, as it is lovingly referred to is the Pharm. D. This became one of my deciding factors when choosing a college. I was concerned about becoming distracted by other majors, especially when I would hear how easy their program was. Six grueling years of preparation from Saint Louis College of Pharmacy tests the best of students. Students who never had to study in high school are struggling to get average grades.

Kayla, you know high school is a joke. Yours in particular has little concern, help, or resources for those students who are looking to prepare for the future. It is focused on keeping kids in school and out of jail. That doesn't matter. Find the resources, bring them to your school and share them with the few that are success driven. Rally with them, make information known. Yes you are smart and don't need to study. You are going to get one huge reality check when you hit college sweetheart. Teach yourself how to study now. Force yourself to study, learn how to learn. Learn how to know information backwards, upside down, underwater with your eyes shut. Otherwise you will spend your entire first semester figuring out how to do just that.

Mukta

Learn how to manage your time better. Don't take on more than you can handle just to get things done faster. Learn more leadership skills - you were in a lot of clubs, but you just participated in most of them.

How much of a workload there is in this school. I got a little overwhelmed first and second year.

Someone who is very organized and knows how to prioritize their responsibilities. Someone who is able to spend a lot of time concentrating on one subject. Someone who is very good at memorizing. Someone who doesn't care about a lot of extracurricular activities, and can make friends on their own. Someone independent. Someone who makes friends easily.

Brent

Our school is unique in that for six years, everyone in your grade will take all of the same classes. We grow close and form great friendships with the majority of our peers. We all learn to help each other out by typing out class outcomes and e-mailing them to the entire grade or forming peer study sessions to prepare for exams. We concern ourselves with each others' grades and help to keep each other on track.

Parents and students should find the college that will accommodate all of one's academic, financial, and social needs. Whether the incoming student knows what career they want to go into or not, the student should figure out all of his/her interests and research a prospective college's structured programs and classes and its professional and social organizations. A student's future school should have classes related to his/her interests so if he/she does not want to pursue a particular degree any further, available classes at the school will allow for career-direction changes. The last thing anyone wants to do is waste a year or two of expensive schooling. Students should find a school that will work with them financially. A student should be able to attend any school he/she desires and lack of money can be a major problem. Furthermore, a student should get involved with appealing extracurriculars to keep one's mind off of the daily stresses that are common with starting a new school. Meet new people and make decisions that will lead to meeting more people. Lastly, step outside of your comfort zone without compromising who you are.

Incoming high school graduates should be academically smart. If a student struggled in high school, this educational experience will prove to be tough and stressful. If one did have trouble with high school and still received A's and B's, this student should be ready to commit a great deal of time to studying and preparing for classes and exams. Someone who will remain dedicated to their studies despite the dramatic ups and downs associated with this school would be ideal. In addition to being dedicated, one should be outgoing enough to make friends and relieve the stress.

St Louis College of Pharmacy administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.