St Olaf College Top Questions

The St. Olaf Choir is well-known for their annual Christmas program on PBS.

Leyen

While diverse in academics and in student population, St. Olaf College is best known for its music and natural science programs. The St. Olaf choir is nationally recognized and a large number of students graduating with degrees in the natural sciences go on to become affluent professors, researchers, and more in the field. St. Olaf is also known for its cafeteria. As one of the most environmentally-friendly colleges in the state, St. Olaf's Bon Appetite churns out high-quality and healthy foods provided by local farms.

Lacey

St. Olaf is a super-haunted campus, and every Halloween, one of the deans takes a group of kids on a ghost tour.

Rosemary

St. Olaf College is best known for helping students gain a new perspective on life. The school is environmentally friendly, academically difficult and pushes students to give back to the community. This school allows you to grow through the classes you enroll in as well as the people that surround you.

Frances

St. Olaf College is known world-wide for their choirs, often traveling to Europe and Asia to perform classical religous and folk songs. Regionally, it is known for being extremely "green" - priding ourselves in wind turbine, locally grown food, recycling programs, and a large environmental science interest. On-campus, we are infamous for cafeteria tray sledding during the long winter.

MUSIC, but our sports teams are also traditionally very strong and don't get enough credit. Also one of the top private liberal arts colleges in the state and region.

Ananya

Environmental sustainability, volunteerism, focused on academics, music and arts

DanielDouros

The music program. St Olaf has one of the strongest in the country.

My school is probably best known for its music and math programs. They are some of the best in the midwest, if not the country. Our Christmas Festival draws 12,000 people to campus and is broadcast to about 100 movie theatres live all over the country. It is the reason that a lot of our students (especially music students) come here. Math (and science in general) have gotten well known as well. We have a brand new state-of-the-art science center as of the fall.

It's best known for its strong Norwegian, Lutheran heritage and its top quality music program.

Probably music, science, or the best food

Bryan

St. Olaf is known best for it's fantastic music and science programs, the great conversation program, incredible study-abroad program, beautiful 300 acre residential campus, commitment to the enviroment, and faith based/academic sense of community.

Music and the sciences

This school is best known for its music organizations and for its appearance in the book "Colleges that Change Lives".

Carrie

music and science