Clearwater, FL
St Petersburg College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend St Petersburg College

Richard

They consist of mostly young, first time students who are not ready to take on the challenge of college level studies.

I would advise my younger self not to go to college and waste time. Instead, I would advise any young person to go into the Navy for four years to gain perspective on life, see the world and get paid doing it, and then go back to college with government backed funds and the GI Bill assisting them. A successfull college student needs focus and a short stint in the military can help a young person find that and discover their purpose at the same time.

The best thing about my school is the flexibility of scheduling they allow returning students to enjoy who may not have been in college for many years.

Mellisa

To immerse myself more completely in the process of choosing a school and seeking financial aid. I took a shortcut; the easy way out and attended a university that was too easy and didn't get involved in any groups or activities and and became a professional procrastinator because I thought I could skate through like I had in high school. Instead I would tell myself to take it seriously, budget my time, get involved in study groups and extracurricular activities and apply myself completely to the experience. Also, I would make myself stick with a spending budget! In college, money is hard to come by and it's easy to get carried away without having your family there to remind you that you don't really need an eight dollar coffee! Thats the advice I would give myself... to apply myself and to learn to budget my time and money effectively.

My classmates in college are very different from those in high school, even though some of them are the same people I knew from high school! In college, the little social bubble where all that matters is looking good and partying the hardest is busted. There isn't a popularity contest anymore. Young kids are thrown together in the same class with middle-aged people, and everyone is united by one desire-to learn and obtain the knowledge to gain a degree, and therefore a career.

My school is different from other schools in that it provides a much more intimate learning experience. There aren't any stadium seating classrooms with 300 students. Class sizes range mostly in the 20's to 30's. Teachers can give indviual students there undivided attention, instead of speaking to an entire room at once with little to no room for students to ask questions. My school is also convenient in that it is much cheaper to attend than other, larger schools.

I would advise myself to do duel enrollment my senior year to get a head start on obtaining my degree. Saving money is a high priority in college, and with duel enrollment I wouldn't have to pay for anything-even books. I would also advise myself not to care so much about what outfit I wear to school the next day. As soon as I got to college I began rolling out of bed and going to class in pajamas with little to no makeup. No one is judging you in college because they are mature and have busy lives to attend to outside of school, so they hardly notice what their classmates look like. The high school bubble is broken, and you can see how silly it was to care so much, and how there is much more to life than being socially accepted by people we think are more popular than us.

hanna

The best thing about attending St. Petersburg College are the smaller classrooms. The teachers make themselves more available for any questions I may have.

I would have taken more college level classes in my senior year of high school.

The worst thing about attending St. Petersburg College is the drive.

Hanna

I would have taken more college level classes as a senior in high school.

I would have taken more college level classes as a senior in high school.

The small classrooms make it easier to talk to the teachers and get the questions I have answered.

I wish i would have known the amount of time it takes me to get there.

Heather

St. Petersburg College is a very community based school, everyone is friendly to everyone all willing to help in anyway they can, even the administrators and faculty are very welcoming and helpful.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to prepare more ways to study. In college, a student is faced with multiple classes, multiple tests and multiple different ways to approach each test. Each professor has a different way of making each test so students have to adapt their studying habits for each test. Had I known this before, I would have entered college with a better knowledge of study tools and tricks, and done better the first test.

The worst thing about my school is that being at a community college, there are no dorms, so you don't get the same socializing advantage that living on campus has. Although the people at school are all very friendly, but since most people are only on campus during their limited time of their classes you don't get as much of an opportunity to socialize and make as many close friendships.

St Petersburg College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.