Clearwater, FL
St Petersburg College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend St Petersburg College

Andrew

The College that not only helps you succeed, it helps you grow as a person.

The College that not only helps you succeed, it helps you grow as a person.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would start by saying enjoy these 4 years they go by fast. I would then begin to tell myself about opportunities, that shouldn’t be ignored. I would say pay more attention in French class, and go on the trip to France to study abroad. Be more active in school clubs and maybe even play some sports. I enjoyed baseball in high school and I should have tried out for the baseball team. That would have afforded me with a possible scholarship to a great University. I would also tell myself to continue to enjoy the years ahead of you, don’t change who you are. The final thing I would tell myself is to study, study, study get good grades and pay attention in class. It may seem like it’s not important and who cares if you get an ‘A’ in economics or French. Well the future you cares and guess what you’re going to be kicking yourself in the butt when you get older.

The type of person that should attend this school would be someone who is very motivated. There are many different types of degrees available, and you need to know what you want to do. Even if you don't know what you want to do there's a class for that. This school is very helpful when it comes to that. However just like any college you need to be motivated.

brittany

The advice I would give myself would be to focus on setting career goals and not focusing on my social life as much. Being a senior comes with a lot fo social activities. Plus, I was a very active student in high school but somehow I did not plan college as carefully as I should have. Furthermore, belive staying focused and balancing your social life while being senior would have been advice to give to myself.

Doreen

St Pete College was a previous junior college, and is now an accredited 4 year college.

My advice would be to just keep going! Don't give up. Don't quit. Your education is the most important thing you can do for yourself and your family.

I can attend via online access only.

sev

If I could go back in time as a highschool student I would tell myself to stick with gymnastic or diving and work for a scholorship, focus more on grades and not worry about the bullies.

When it rains we get wet and the renovation/constuction is taking away parking spaces.

Someone looking for a higher education.

Brooke

College is not as easy as you think it will be. I know that you have a 4.0 in high school, and that you never had to study to keep that up. This is not how it is going to be once you start college. The classes that you take now, you could take a full year to finish if you wanted to. Your new classes are going to be over in about three months. Your life willl be much more difficult later if you don't work hard now. Running Start is a good opportunity for you, and you could have your tuition paid for you for two years. This kind of offer will never be made again, so take advantage of it. College is expensive; look at how much it will cost you if you waste this time. Money is a representation of the time that it would take you to earn it. Therefore, every time you spend money, you are actually giving away a piece of your life every time you buy something. Save every bit of money that you possibly can, and work hard. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it.

Amelia

Ten years has passed since I was a high school senior, but it feels like an entire lifetime of knowledge has been accumulated. Looking back, I can recall a variety of situations that I would handle both the same and different ways. I wish I could tell my 17 year old self to take more time and learn more from life. The best thing I did for my college career was to take classes at my local college during my senior year for dual enrollment. The worst thing I did for my college career was to join the masses and attend college after graduating just because it’s what we do. However, the best and worst aren’t that different. I wish I had taken the time to figure out what I wanted from life and an education instead of taking classes I had no interest in. My college credits could have waited until I was ready even though I don’t regret taking the basics early. Too much pressure is placed on hurrying up to figure out what we should be as adults and not enough on the life lesson “slow and steady wins the race”.

The buildings are being updated which is a plus but lots of consturction and distractions.

Kendra

Don't waste time taking filler courses. Take all math courses in a row, you will forget things. When in doubt, see a tutor!

The best thing about my school is the ability to take online courses. Online courses allow me to work at my own pace and keep my day job.

This school is great for any person. The schedules are flexible and the teachers are accepting to all students.

Jamie

Their college of education and small class sizes.

Their college of education and small class sizes.

I would say work hard to keep any scholarship you get. I would tell myself to start at a junior college. I would say to go full time and get it done in four years. I would tell myself to use the disability services starting the first day.

The avalibility of the classes. Getting finincial aid.

Alishia

St. Petersburg college is best known for the Leepa Rattner Museum inside the Tarpon Springs Campus. The outside of the museum, the architecture is designed to copy a boat mass. The Leepa Rattner Museum has over 6,000 works of 19th and 20th century art collections. I like how on the way into the museum, is a stand full of tourism information, the art is nice but I prefer to travel.

"Don't let the door hit you on your way out!" I would have to tell myself to slow down and enjoy high school because before I know it, I would be in combat and experience the unimaginable. I would tell myself if you are going to go through all that for some college money you better get your high school diploma!! I was too eager to move on. I dropped out of high school and got my GED. I joined the military to help me pay for college, and shortly after was shipped to war. Whether or not, I finished high school I still would have joined the service. If I could go back, I would tell myself to get my high school education because I will get an extra $50,000 to help me pay for college. Unfortunately, because of being a GED student, my GI Bill was a fraction of what it could have been, had I finished highschool. Finish high school, it will pay off whether you believe it or not.

The best thing about St. Petersburg College is the professors. I have found that majority will take any extra time to help you. Also the school has a great math tutor lab, that helps students all the way through Math to Calculus.

Jackie

I would tell myself to pay more attention and apply myself. I am still struggling to overcome the bad academic choices I made in high school. I also would have taken my SAT and ACT tests. I would have tried to be more involved in organizations that offered scholarships. Most importantly, don't worry about the money, somehow, that will work itself out. Figure out what you want to do, what will make you happy and go for it! If you like what you're doing and it makes you happy, then that's all that matters. Also, even if you don't want to take a class or don't see the point, grin and bear it. In life we must do things that we don't want to and they won't always make sense; but if you complete theses tasks to the best of your ability, you usually not only walk away with a feeling of accomplishment, but you learn something new in the process. Relax, and enjoy this time when you don't have to worry about rent or bills. The real world will be here before you know it!

St. Petersburg College is at this point is still trasitioning into a 4-year college. So there is more of a community college feel to it. A lot of the students do not seem to take the college or their education seriously. The professors, for the most part, overlook this though and are pretty great. It's a good college for networking and meeting people with real-world experiences and connections.

If St. Petersburg College offers your anticipated 4-year major, it's supposed to be great. I however am attending to get my Associates degree and then I am transferring to another university to complete my Bachelor's because SPC does not offer it. I know a lot of students who are here doing the same thing. It's a good school for getting your AA and moving on, but unfortunately that contributes to a junior college atmosphere.

St Petersburg College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.