Clearwater, FL
St Petersburg College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend St Petersburg College

Jackie

I would tell myself to pay more attention and apply myself. I am still struggling to overcome the bad academic choices I made in high school. I also would have taken my SAT and ACT tests. I would have tried to be more involved in organizations that offered scholarships. Most importantly, don't worry about the money, somehow, that will work itself out. Figure out what you want to do, what will make you happy and go for it! If you like what you're doing and it makes you happy, then that's all that matters. Also, even if you don't want to take a class or don't see the point, grin and bear it. In life we must do things that we don't want to and they won't always make sense; but if you complete theses tasks to the best of your ability, you usually not only walk away with a feeling of accomplishment, but you learn something new in the process. Relax, and enjoy this time when you don't have to worry about rent or bills. The real world will be here before you know it!

St. Petersburg College is at this point is still trasitioning into a 4-year college. So there is more of a community college feel to it. A lot of the students do not seem to take the college or their education seriously. The professors, for the most part, overlook this though and are pretty great. It's a good college for networking and meeting people with real-world experiences and connections.

If St. Petersburg College offers your anticipated 4-year major, it's supposed to be great. I however am attending to get my Associates degree and then I am transferring to another university to complete my Bachelor's because SPC does not offer it. I know a lot of students who are here doing the same thing. It's a good school for getting your AA and moving on, but unfortunately that contributes to a junior college atmosphere.

Janelle

St. Petersburg College has helped me grow into a better student by being a friendly, well-orientated, safe, respectful, and helpful school.

As a high school senior, I was more focused on skipping school and letting senioritis get the best of me. Going back and looking at all of the things that I could have gotten done in that wasted time, I really would have liked to have been able to just tell myself to stop being so stupid and get focused on what really mattered. I would have told myself that applying for scholarships ahead of the time would have been the best thing I could have done. I missed out on a lot of opportunities for scholarships because I didn't pay attention to deadlines, I was to lazy to write essays, or I was to strung up in hanging out with my friends for the last time. Also, I would have told myself to attend college over the summer, rather than waiting until the fall. Getting ahead even just a few credits would have helped me tremendously as far as when I will graduate and when I can take certain classes.

I wish that I would have known a little more about how college life was really like that way I could have prepared myself a little better. Also, I wish that I had known of the other classes that they offered rather than just what I was told.

St. Petersburg College is best known for its Health Care programs, low tuition costs, and its convenience to the local community. It is a great school that offers a wide variety of areas to study in. Whether you know exactly what you want to go for or not, SPC has some awesome teachers and fun classes.

My college experience has taught me so much real life applicable concepts so far. Knowledge is a very important key to happiness. I have learned by meeting many new people that indivduality is what makes the world so ornate. As a young person, there are so many opportunities to take and amazing experiences to be had. Learning is a life long process that can be mostly enjoyable. It is important to surround yourself with positive people who want you to succeed. College has been so valuable for me to attend. I feel acomplished, empowered, and anxious to make a difference in life. I also think that by attending college I have a better and more enhanced view of the world. I think college is an inspiring and unique experience that I would highly recommend to people of any age.

Before I came to St. Petersburg College, I wish I would have known more of my personal interests. I wish I would have looked a little longer at the specific A.S. degrees that SPC has to offer. That way I could have recieved my A.A. in conjunction with an A.S. in something specialized that I am interested in. For example, an A.S. degree that I recently saw and am very interested in is Environmental Science Technology.

Mike

Great school for certain programs and degrees.

Great school for certain programs and degrees.

My college experience has been an intestesting one and has impacted my life quite a bit. I have learned countless things about the world, as well as myself. It has helped me realize and completely decide what I want to do with my life, where I want to go. It has helped me make new friends and realize which of those friends will always be there, contributing to my life in a positive way. It has helped me with my career, and I believe it will help me take my career even farther after I graduate. Although my college is not exactly the largest campus with the most diverse degree programs or some prestigious university, I appreciate the school and the students here.. Everybody respects everybody, which is something not always so easy to find in a school. It may not be the largest or greatest college, but it has been very valuable to me and has affected my life in numerous ways. It has helped me grow, and understand myself, and I know it will help me pursue the career I want.

The Music Production/Recording Arts (M.I.R.A.) Program and equipment avaliable to students

Jason

My college experience has taught me more about life than any other club, training or religion has ever taught me. It has taught me to think critically and logically. It has taught me to go with my gut instinct when i feel something does not feel right. It has taught me to fully commit to anything and everything. College has gave me confidence to work to my full potential without fearing the outcome or fearing others point of view of me. College has gave me the tools to have the ability to slow down and think in a critical situation or speed up when things need to be done with urgency. College has taught me that some days, God and I might be the only who have faith that I will get my bachelors in accounting. Statistics has taught me how stupid i was to believe that I might be a favorite in a 500 blackjack hand. World Religions has taught me how ignorant i was for believing my religion is superior to other religions. Most importantly, composition has taught me how to express my feelings and earn a 5,000 dollar scholarship toward my future.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of a campus life. Most students just go to class and immediatley go home. There is no real sports teams and clubs that one can attend.

A person that struggled a bit through high school. Someone who could not get a scholarship and wants to keep their costs low and be able to transfer to another college afterwards.

Shonda

I one sentence, I can describe my classmates as diverse with vast knowledge that one should feel privileged to be able to utilize in every day life.

This is an easy question to answer, self confidence. Like many students, I was not successful with my many attempts at college classes. I always believed that I could make my way in the world without furthering my education. As I grew older and started a family, I realized that I want my children to be proud of what I had accomplished in life and set a good example. To this day I do not deny the fact that I had to mature to understand the true meaning of achieving a higher education. Today not only I am working towards a better future for myself but also for my children!

One of the greatest challenges faced at my school is as a mature, returning student, there?s an age gap in the classroom. This gap presents many challenges, including the maturity of the students and ones individual desire to focus on the required skills to achieve academic goals. I have found that returning students have a greater desire to academically perform to a higher standard. I believe that returning students have grasped the understanding of how import it is to further our education along with having learned to prioritize what is important. Ultimately, schedule appropriately to archive ones desired success.

krista

My school is best known for being called Saint Petersburg College and not being located in Saint Petersburg.

If I were to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would inform myself of everything I know now. I would tell myself to get started with applying for colleges and scholarships. I would tell myself to decide to go to school for what I love, and not just for the money. Also, I would tell myself how easy it is to apply for scholarships everywhere. I would point myself in the direction of websites and other services that could help with funding my education. I would not allow myself to procrastinate because I know that it would get me to where I am now.

I brag that my school is more affordable than Pasco-Hernando Community College.

My school is a place where someone can be their own person, there is a wonderful amount of support from your teachers and most go above and beyond to help you obtain your goal.

If I were able to go back in time and speak to my younger self, I think I would smack myself and say "Get a clue, go to college!" I would say that obtaining a college education is more important than that boy you didn't want to leave, you know, the one you broke up with the following year. That it is much easier to do it when you are young and single, without having all of the responsibilities of marriage and parenthood. I would remind myself of all of the things I might miss out on by not going to college as a young adult. I would tell myself to have fun and experience college to it's fullest. Enjoy the classes, make new friendships that will last a lifetime and remember to be true to yourself. Most of all, graduate and find a career that you love doing, something that will be easier to find with that degree.

There really isn't much I don't like about my school.

Kourtney

I would say my school is best know for the low prices for the classes on the this campus. St. Peterburgs College is a community so is does not cost that must to go to school here.

The advice I would give myself if I could turn back time was to stay on task. Because I did love to learn, but at times it was hard to juggle everthing around in daily life at times. For example, there were nights I had a hard time pushing myself to do my homework instead I might give up or just take a long break then get back to my work later. The other thing I would tell myself was to never give . Believe me I know giving up sometimes seems like the most easiest or best way to do things in life but it really is not it can just harm you in the end . The is I can do anything if I really set my mind to it in life . My senior year was very intersting but overall I am glad I made it and graudate knowing that life is not easy but that does not that mean I have stop going on my advertous journey. The last thing I would tell myself is what I am doing know going to school and being a high school senior is going to be a great help for the future.

The best thing about this school is the envirment. There are so many great places to go to do my homework , get help, or just relax around. For example, in between all the bulidings there is area in the middle of the buildings where is only filled with grass, benches, and trees.

Cheri

St. Petersburg College is an educational facility promoting early higher education and vocational studies for local students attending off-campus and distance learners; with that said, the college is excellent for busy people who want to learn.

Communicating self-worth pertaining to educational goals and the value of persistence would be priority while counseling myself previously in high school. It is clear explaining the importance of good grades would be quality advice considering how colleges and higher academic facilities value information retention. "It's all about the GPA!" would be consistently repeated. Next, when asked the memorable question "What do I do when the counselors will not guide me or do not have time for me?" the answer would be to obtain all college or university financial and enrollment information by going directly to the source for guidance ? in other words, bypass the high school counselors. Ten years after graduating high school I am a college student with an extremely high grade point average -- including current membership in Presidential Honors and Phi Theta Kappa -- therefore, the significant point to emphasize would be the power to achieve from within.

St. Petersburg College lacks commuting options; access to local buses, trains and other forms of transportation is limited or, in some areas, unavailable.

St Petersburg College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.