Clearwater, FL
St Petersburg College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend St Petersburg College

Anthony

Knowing what I know now, I would eagerly approach school in a totally different manner than what I did after I graduated high school. I would have to tell myself that technology is the key to the future. And any goals you want to achieve start in college. Making the right choices in life can be difficult and challenging, and the best place to start would be in college. Thinking that in the future we would have a recession never entered my mind, but now facing those hard times of a recession, it is easy to see how a college degree can lead you to many rewarding jobs and be able to attain jobs more easily than those who choose not to get a higher education. More and more people are seeking a higher education, and doing the best you can in college could and will make your career search a little easier. Taking the time while in high school to see what career path you chose is important, and picking the right college to attain your educational needs is just as important. I would pick the college that best fits my needs and education.

The best thing about my school is the ease of enrollment, the eagerness of the staff, professors and even students to help and assist those who are having a difficult time in getting the education they so deserve or want. They are willing to take the extra time for you, the student, to help you better understand what you might be lacking or missing in an assignment. The instructors are awesome.

Anyone should attend this school. In today's economic times, education is the key, more and more people are losing their jobs, and attending this college would better help those to achieve the jobs and or goals they want for theirselfs and families. Learning a skill at this college would greatly improve your chances of getting a job that can bring an everlasting chance for you and your family to grow in the community as well as the business world.

shyla

I would tell myself as a high school senior to simply be ready for college. It is a lot of work and you have to be dedicated in class as well as outside of class, you need to make sure you have the time to put aside to study for a couple hours outside of class for each and every class in order to keep your grades up. Also do not miss a class because it will feel like you missed an entire week of high school. One final thing i would tell myself is to not take too many classes at once until you know how you can handle a couple of classes first because if you start off with five or six classes it gets overwhelming fast especially if you have a job and other things you have to attend to.

I believe the best thing about St. Petersburg College is that they have small class sizes so you get a personal experience and a great learning environment where it is easy to learn and get one-on-one attention so you fully understand what you are trying to learn.

I think nothing bad of my school, but i think the worst thing is that most grants and scholarships are for colleges that have small programs that are over with in a couple months instead of classes that lead up to an AA or BA in what you choose to have a career in.

Vanessa

My classmates at St. Petersburg College are focused, attentive, and serious about their education.

My senior year would have been majorly different if I had known then what I've learned beginning college. If I had the chance to talk to myself during my senior year, I would have emphasized that being self-motivated was the key to stay focused in school. I would have told myself that everything should have been taken seriously during my last year in high school, which would have kept me from slacking in the middle of my senior year and from over-working myself the last months of school. I would have said to myself, "Be sure to start college right after graduation so that school is still fresh on your mind." If I had the chance to sit and discuss being in college with myself, I would have emphasized the importance of seeking help, such as tutoring, study groups etc., whenever you think you may have misunderstood anything in class. The most important rule I would have made known to myself would've been my education success is on my hands and no one will be there to make sure that I do the things that need to be done. My education is indeed my education.

A person who is self-motivated and determained to make something out of their eduacational life should attend this school because foolish people and those that do not care won't last.

Liana

If I could go back in time and speak to myself about my current years to come in college, I would tell myself to research and visit the school that I plan on transferring to and get information as soon as possible. By doing that, I would be able to complete any classes that are pre-requisits to the university while in pursuit of an associate degree. I would also tell myself not to take a semester off because the sooner I meet the requirements for my associates degree, the sooner I will be able to start taking classes for my career. If I had the chance to talk to myself, I would finally say keep your grades up and study very hard, because your GPA is what determines yor acceptance to the school of your choice. As an added bonus though, I would tell myself to have fun an enjoy it, because you are only young once and this is your chance to make your dreams come true.

The best thing about my school is the smaller class sizes and the individual attention given from professors. The professors are willing to work with your schedule and give you extra help if you are in need. Since the student body is predominantly older, the professors understand that life sometimes gets in the way and things happen. They are willing to cut you a break in certain circumstances, so you can pass the class and graduate.

The programs on campus are not geared toward the younger student body. Because it is a community college, the majority of the students are older and the involvement with the programs amongst the younger generation is very little. The campus is not geared for much involvement besides the basic academic purpose.

St. Petersburg College is challenging, yet not too challenging.

St. Petersburg College is challenging, yet not too challenging.

I would make sure to take the dual-enrollment classes throughout my senior year. I figured that taking the early college classes would take time out of my high-school social life, so I never wanted to do that. But as I look at it now, things would be much easier in college. Currently working on accomplishing my AA-degree, I am overdosing my schedule with many classes and it seems to be taking a lifetime to reach this goal. If I was to just take those couple of pre-college classes in high school, I would have had enough credits by now to transfer to a university.

The worst thing about Saint Petersburg College- Gibbs Campus is probably that the parking lot around 9:30 am is a crazy place to be. Most students take classes around that time, so it's quite difficult finding a close parking spot, or just a spot all together.

Donald

Majority of my classmates are young adults either just out of highschool or the military and occasionally I will have elder persons or parents finishing up required classes for a desired degree.

Just as i started college I had some money saved from the previous summer and decided to sign a contract for a motorcycle. As much as I enjoy the bike, I wish i hadnt have signed for it and its payments because of all the responsibility it requires to maintain. If I could go back in the past when i was a senior in high school I would preach to myself how important it would be to save all the money I had and never sign for a loan on a house or vehicle until i had a steady job after college. After a year in college, I now see how strenuous it is to work for the payment and attend school full time. I would explain to myself that majority of the time spent working could be used for studying, reviewing class notes/homework and preparing for future exams. If i could go back in the past that is the most important item I would discuss with myself and make sure I understood fully how important it is to stay away money obligations while a student in college. College life would be easier without working all of these hours.

Any individual who thinks a community college is a cheap easy way to attain prerequisites. The professors are very strict with collecting homework, assignments and understanding the material taught. It would be a colossal mistake to pay for classes if they are a student who is lazy or tends to procrastinate. Also the tardy policy is very demanding so I wouldnt expect to see a person last long who runs late or feels the need to miss a class due to sleeping in. After 4 times of being absent, you will be automatically withdrawn from the class. Absolutely no slackers!

Monica

During my senior year of high school I didn't exactly take schoolwork seriously. I slacked off, if you will, and this came back and haunted me when I started my first year as a college student. If I knew that schoolwork required dedication, persistence, and patience, I would have gotten a head start on understanding the concepts/subjects I didn't know. I would familiarize myself with the things I did know, that way after that long summer out of school, all the concepts/subjects I did know would be fresh in my mind for the fall. But, life happens and things don't always go as planned. Sometimes you have to live and learn from the mistakes that are formed through experience to understand what life is all about. Thus speaking, I would have studied harder and applied to more scholarships to provide the appropriate necessities that would soon take place in my future education experience. Moreover, I would have committed myself to more community service projects, enhancing my communication and leadership skills. Not to mention, this would open up more opportunities for scholarship requirements. I would have told myself that I needed to be an assertive student!

I began my education experience at Santa Fe College in August of 2007. I only wish I would have known that the financial aid office was such a dreadful experience. Thus, I would have applied for more scholarships to make the loan process easier. However, I now have to stuggle to get by in college to make something more of myself by repetitively accpeting and reaccepting loans to make it. I now know that it is vital to take advantage of every opportunity that comes to you for it may give you a chance to succeed in any carrer.

The worst thing about Santa Fe College is the wait that people who are in need of financial assistance have to bear in the financial aid office. It's not even so much as the wait that is bothersome, but the fact that everyone knows before going into the office that there will not only be a long wait, but you'll be treated unfairly. If I surveyed 10 people in the office, they would agree that the counselors are rude, unhelpful, and incompetent. If were were treated like students and not like animals, Santa Fe College would be better.

Anneke

If I could go back to high school knowing what I know now, I would choose to think of myself and what would make me happy, and stop worrying about what would make others happy. To choose a career that would not only make me financially set, but happy in a long term. To seize the moment of opportunity. To source out all options and then make a decision. Not to jump to conclusions, but to be logical and not synical to practical idiologies. That your only young once, and to be given a second chance may not always come.

cody

If I could go back in time I would tell myself that I need to not get so caught up in the highschool activitys and to stay focused on my acedemics. Although for the most part I got A's and B's I would tell myself that I must get straight A's and that I need to apply to more colleges. I would also apply for more scholarship than I did. I would jsut try anything and everything to help myself get into a university. I would just have to tell myself that this is serious and that I all efforts should be pushed towards school and not to focus on sports because it did not get me where I wanted to go. I would say to myself school is going to be my gateway to a better future not sports.

I wish I would have known I had to more time in to my studies and not just attend class . also I would have like to know how the instrutors were going to be.

I brag about how nice the faculty are and how many diffrent resources there are for studing and tutoring. And I love that the Tutoring is free.

Tara

Saint Petersburg College is a fantastic school that can help students become what they want to be.

Do not stress out. The transition from high school to college really is not that horrifying as you think. The main thing to focus on is what you would like to accomplish and what you would like to major in. Talk to as many teachers and counselors as possible because they can really help out a lot. The classes are challenging, so be prepared to work hard but it will all be worth it in the end.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is a person that is not motivated. Even though this school is considered a community college, it is now offering 4 year degrees. This school is rapidly becoming a community of hard working students and challenging teachers. Students must be willing to work hard at this school and the hard work will pay off.

St Petersburg College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.