St Petersburg College

« See more reviews of St Petersburg College

Please study and do your homework. Pay attention in class. Ask alot of questions and get advice from teachers and counselors with regards to colleges and universities. Have yourself tested to find your interests. Stay focused and think about the rewards from a college education. Be responsible and save your money earned from your part time job to be able to afford the applications. Do not let your family convince you that it is a waste of time and money going to college.

I would advise my younger self not to go to college and waste time. Instead, I would advise any young person to go into the Navy for four years to gain perspective on life, see the world and get paid doing it, and then go back to college with government backed funds and the GI Bill assisting them. A successfull college student needs focus and a short stint in the military can help a young person find that and discover their purpose at the same time.

the advise i would give me self is that i should have better prepared my self financially and studyed alot more for the SATS so that i could have gotten the bright futures scholorship and that i should have payed more attention to the fact that college life is alot different that high school, its not all fun and games, its alot of time and money and effort, that if your not going to put in the effor t then dont bother with college

If I could go back in time, I would give the advice to do well in high school because it really does affect your college career. Next, I would explain how beneficial it would be to enroll in dual-enrollment classes, in order to gain college credits and save money. After that, I would mention applying for scholarships early. Finally, I would advise myself to take Math classes early on, so it will be easier on me, academically.

The advice I would give myself would be to focus on setting career goals and not focusing on my social life as much. Being a senior comes with a lot fo social activities. Plus, I was a very active student in high school but somehow I did not plan college as carefully as I should have. Furthermore, belive staying focused and balancing your social life while being senior would have been advice to give to myself.

Do not stress out. The transition from high school to college really is not that horrifying as you think. The main thing to focus on is what you would like to accomplish and what you would like to major in. Talk to as many teachers and counselors as possible because they can really help out a lot. The classes are challenging, so be prepared to work hard but it will all be worth it in the end.

Knowing what I know know about college, if I could go back in high school and give my self advice it would be to practice not procrastinating. It is important in college not to procrastinate. It is also important to learn time management in doing assignments and studying for tests. I would tell myself to develop good studying habits.

I advise my high school self to not be too hasty in getting a degree. Be hasty in getting stuff done on time, but do not try to cram what seems like 4 years of college in 2 years. It's not good for you and your GPA. Be cautious of people around you and be more organized so you'll be successful in life.

I would say work hard to keep any scholarship you get. I would tell myself to start at a junior college. I would say to go full time and get it done in four years. I would tell myself to use the disability services starting the first day.

I would keep telling myself to keep my grades up and do very well because when I get to the college life it will only get harder and temptations will surely increase among my peers. Also to take advantage of education .