St Petersburg College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for St Petersburg College

Meghan

I have been going there for 4.5 years. My opinion would be that it is a very good school for people who are just wanting to take classes online or a college that has small classes. It is suitable for all types of students. Even when I work 40 hours a week, full time, i can still make it to my in-class sessions because they are accommodating.

Katie

It is a basic community college for a cheap price, good if you want to transfer to a big name Florida University while saving some money. Don't recommend it if you want to transfer out of state, a lot of their classes don't transfer. Small classes but teachers aren't very involved, I found it okay for my first year or two but I will definitely be transferring to get my Bachelors.

Alexa

St. Petersburg College is a good starting place for students who have gotten out of high school and putting out feelers for college life and academics. This is primarily due to the fact that many of the professors and classes at St. Petersburg College rival that of 4-year universities through both their quality of instruction and provision of learning resources for students within and without of the classroom. However, unlike these universities, this college does not offer any on-or-off campus living facilities, therefore causing many students to either stay with family or rent an apartment close by (if possible). Moreover, some campuses are located in some questionable areas, so its sometimes better to ensure that you're either with somebody at all times or only frequent the campus in the daylight.

Jeffrey

The school is a pretty solid school for a community college. The professors a pretty good but there are some you want to avoid. The students and faculty are usually quite friendly and willing to help in encouraging a learning environment. Also the online portal that is used for submitting some assignments is easy to use and has been a help in remembering when items are due.

Zoe

I'll be real here, I was never psyched about going here, but I had to go somewhere or else a $5,000 scholarship would have gone down the drain. Now that I've gone through a few semesters, it's actually a really great and useful college to attend. All the professors I've had are eager to teach and learn. The school wants you to succeed, they even offer free tutoring. Student IDs get you free bus rides and in on exclusive events. Guest speakers come around often, and I even got the chance to see a documentary at the local culture festival that would have cost an arm and a leg for anyone else, and I got to meet the director and the documented person! The St. Pete/Gibbs campus is very friendly and as safe as can be while not feeling like a prison. Security staff is helpful, friendly, and always on alert. The student population is very diverse, all age ranges and backgrounds. A great environment to broaden your perspective and learn new things.

Sara

St. Petersburg College is a great school in my opinion. The class sizes are small enough so that you have access to instructors without a challenge. They have multiple campuses to accommodate times and needs of classes. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved in school activities. The instructors are very supportive of their students and do not sugar coat when difficulties arise. I would definitely recommend Saint Petersburg College be considered in your college options.

SPC is an overall halfway decent school. I love most of my professors, but the ones I need for my general ed credits are not the best. The class sizes are are small, so you can ask as many questions as you want and they will be answered. We don't have a football team which is pretty disappointing. I think there's a couple of teams that no one watches but that's all. There is no on-campus housing but many apartments nearby. That being said if you study at the downtown campus, you will be paying A LOT of money for housing. If you are a freshmen, however, you have to take this orientation class where you will learn nothing that you don't already know and attendance is mandatory. Overall SPC is a good 13th grade, but personally I am excited to move on.

manalee

St Petersburg College provides the best academic needs to all their students by providing many services to help each individual student to proceed to their goals and for them to be successful. They provide internships and help students to focus on their goals, many different help services on campus are there to help each student with their specific needs and for them to receive the highest grades as possible.

Haley

I love SPC, it's a great school and the campuses are all beautiful. There are great professors and others that are a bit boring, but they are all helpful and my overall opinion of SPC is great! The campuses are secure and clean at all times not to mention the fact that the students, for the most part, are great and we all have study groups regularly.

Cameron

I think that the college really cares about it's students. The teachers want them to succeed. The campus is clean and friendly. The students are friendly as well. I would recommend this school to others who are looking to continue or complete their education.

Coralis

It is a wonderful College. You can stay for you bachelor, although is a cheap way for those who just want to get the A.A. or A.S. Teacher are usually great, just always make sure to use rate my professor! The campus I go to is Clearwater. Very nice, clean, and very friendly students and faculties. Very helpful to students, they always have resources for those in need. St. Petersburg College always takes great care of their students and they want their students to succeed. I love it and I recommend it!

T'Asia

SPC is wonderful institution that has caring teachers. The campus is up to date and is always clean. Academic advisors could do a better job with staying in contact with their students. On my campus, specifically their are no team sports but, we do have recreational basketball court outside and a brand new gym.

Mary

SPC is a great college for those who need a flexible schedule and have a lot going on in their life. You can take classes online or on campus. The class sizes are small and the professors keep regular office hours. There are tutors in the library most every day.

Madison

St. Petersburg college is overall a wonderful school and I am proud to say I attend it. They have a really great student support system and study facilities. I am a single Mom so I enjoy that I have the option to take online classes if needed. I would like to see some kind of childcare program on campus. Moreover, I am very happy with my experience at St. Petersburg College over the past 3 years. I am excited to further my education there.

Jacquelyn

I had not previously heard anything abut St Petersburg College before enrollment. I was looking for a Mortuary College that I could attend online. There was only one located in Florida that would allow you to take the majority of the course work online. Once enrolled you must go through online orientation online. At first, I thought it was a waste of time, but it was really helpful learning to utilize the online class database before you actually had to jump in and do class work. Once I began taking classes that where directed to my degree I noticed that there are only three professors over the entire program. I was a little disappointed. But once I started taking lab and had the opportunity to meet them and work with them, I see how this leads to better learning environment. They get a chance to know you and learn your strengthens and weakness as you theirs. The semester before labs begun they school offered an off-campus seminar and I was able to meet many of my fellow students. I was great be able to put faces with names from the discussion post we are weekly required to submit. With the class numbers low it gives us the opportunity to bond as we generally are all on the same path to graduation and we typically take the same classes the following semester either online or in class. We have been able to create study groups and a networking group. Overall, I am glad that I picked St Petersburg college to get my degree from. When I meet people in the funeral industry they are very familiar with the school and its director. I feel that this school as allowed me to make friends for life.

It's a great school

jenella

I love SPC the teachers really seem like they care and I love that we are able to contact them when ever needed, even if we aren't in the class at that time.

Kali

I think that St Petersburg College is a great school. The professors are great and they usually get right back to you if you have a question for them via email. The students are nice and helpful and make sure that you have somebody to talk to. St Petersburg College is that I would recommend to friends.

Nina

St Petersburg College is a cheap community college ! I would recommend any college student to study there for two years to earn an AA degree. The professors are always available to help students become successful. Tutoring is free in SPC, so take this advantage!

Sasha

St. Petersburg College is amazing college to attend. Since I have been here at the college, I have experienced nothing but the best Instructors teaching me the course I had signed up for. The facilities are safe, clean, and well maintained. The college life has been a life changer for me because the school offer tutoring, free of charge, to the students whom are trying to obtain good grades academically and want to do their best in class. Altogether, St. Petersburg College is a great college to attend because of their knowledgeable staff and well maintained facilities.

Jacob

Very good school. I believe SPC has worked hard to attract good professors while providing an affordable education. The business courses were short but comprehensive and covered all of the subjects I expected. I focused on project management and the professors teaching these classes had real world experience to supplement the academic component of the classes.

isaiah

i found the campus to be very clean and organized.

Marco

it was a great experience for me as a visitor, I enjoyed everything about it, I am looking forward to starting in the fall, I can feel that this will be better experience than expected, due to the fact my visit was amazing and very reassuring of my future.

Fierdeos

It is a nice school. The campus is really nice and they keep doing upgrades to their buildings. The teachers are mostly nice and actually teach you something useful. SPC does provide free food often on campus as long as you have your id with you. I really enjoyed SPC when I used to go there.

I don't have anything bad to say about St. Pete college. The class sizes are very reasonable, the professors are personable and available, and the classes are fun and interesting. There isn't much of a campus social life being that there is no on-campus housing, but that has never bothered me. Definitely happy I chose to go to this school!

Ekaterini

My overall opinion of St Petersburg College is that although it is a community college there are many benefits and opportunities for students. Professors and faculty genuinely care about the students here and asking for help doesn't feel intimidating in the slightest.

Great school to start at.

Desiree

I really enjoy this college. some colleges are very packed and loud everywhere but this one is quiet and overall peaceful. This works very well for me because I'm not into the party/crowd scene. Although some people would look at it as a college with not many frats or on campus housing, there is housing directly next to St. Petersburg College, which in my opinion is better. Easy to access, I have always enjoyed the professors and felt that they were a great help in any situation that I needed.

David

St. Petersburg College has a nicely sized campus in a very nice city. This campus' professors have regularly scheduled office hours and they are very engaging. Every teacher I have encountered was friendly and very helpful. I did the early admission program for my high school to get pre-requisites finished.

Daniel

It was an amazing experience, the teachers were amazing , the gym facility was wonderful, the quad events were awesome, and the school took its students all over the city and state for free. I would recommend every student that would like to enjoy campus life, eat amazing food and be 1 on 1 with the teachers to go the SPC

randi

I love that this school has multiple campuses around the county, making it very convenient for anyone to attend. All the campuses are clean, and very well maintained. All staff has been kind and helpful. I have enjoyed all my professors. They have made all my classes enjoyable.

My overall opinion of this college is that it's an excellent place to start off your college experience for any newcomers that are entering the next milestone in their life. The campus offers access to a gym, library, design center and a ton of other cool places to go. St. Petersburg College to me is the best first step to starting your journey into college education.

Gloria

My college has a healthy amount of students in each class. The campus is never over crowed. The Music Industry Recording Arts program gives students hope and experience. The professors are so helpful and understanding in the music program. There are opportunities to get experience music in the community and festivals.

Logan

St Petersburg College is a nice little community college for those around the area. We have close connections to fellow students and the teachers want to help you succeed. The campus is sophisticated and calm and there is security if you need it. The library is a nice place to study and find the ​resources you need.

SPC is a wonderful option for those who need to earn high school credits quickly while boosting a GPA or who need to attend to transfer to another university (USF, for instance). The institution can also provide socialization opportunities. As for overall coursework quality, however, I find myself severely disappointed, as I feel like I haven't really grown in any way or participated in true Socratic discussion. The only reason I gave it two stars was because it's convenient for locals, but to be honest, I'll be glad when the semester's over. (The major I put down, if viewable, is my aspired major but is not one I am graduating with here.)

Isabelle

St. Petersburg community college is an intellectually challenging school that holds many opportunites for students of all backgrounds and cultures to seek and receive the degree they desire. The faculty and staff are very much available and have a broad understanding on how to help and do so very effectively.

Jonathan

When i first planned on attending this college, they gave me a campus introduction. They showed me where my every class would be at, they showed me where the library is and introduced us to some of them in case we ever needed help during the semester. The overall tour was excellent. Im enjoying the school so far.

cassaundra

I transferred from the University of Utah to St Petersburg College and have found that I enjoy the smaller class sizes much better. I appreciate the easy access we get to our professors, so that our questions can quickly be answered. It's a small campus but the professors are amazing and push you to really understand the material.

amanda

St. Petersburg College is one of the best community colleges, that I know. They open new opportunities for you that'll help brighten your future!

Santana

Great school that is close by and teaches the proper curriculum for each degree. The teachers truly want their students to learn regardless if it is a community college or university. Most of the professors are SPC graduates themselves or have worked in the field they are are teaching which allows for great real world examples

Pamela

Spc is great! Its a great two year college all the campuses I've been at are clean and full of nice people. My professors have always been intelligent and capable and are clearly passionate about their subject. I have never felt unsafe and I've taken night classes before.

I wish we could play more sports like soccer I would love to be a Titan that played soccer also another is that we really don't have any school spirit. There's really not much to do at school I just go to class & just go home nothing else. Compared to other schools they're really fun & even have homecoming dances or prom

Julianne

St. Petersburg College is a good school. We have several campuses, a lot of resources for tutoring and a handful of extracurricular and club activities. With smaller commuter campuses, such as SPC I am always able to get a hold of my professors and feel a personalized connection with them. The professors I have encountered are dedicated to their jobs and want the students to succeed. But SPC does lack in school pride, many students go to classes and then go straight home, it lacks the community feeling that I have observed in other colleges/universities. The number of classes offered for my major are limited and I hope to see an increase in them in the future. Other than that I love SPC for being my first experience of a higher education facility and will soon be receiving my AA with a 4.0 and transferring to a four-year college in spring.

Jacob

I just recently graduated from high school so it has been a change. One thing that I am not used to is the office hours of the professors. In high school you can just speak with a teacher before or after class, so finding them in a specific office at a specific time has taken some getting used to. However, I really do like the fact that the counselors are there until late in the evening to help you out with anything from scheduling to tutoring.

Jaimee Anne

I think St Petersburg College is a very-welcoming campus and they have some really friendly and helpful staff. Professors are also reachable. Class sizes are small compared to universities, which is good because professors can focus more on each student. If you need any tutoring, they have tutors available for you at certain times. This is definitely helpful for those who are in need. Also, the campuses provide a good study environment. The library has some private study rooms where one, or a group of students, can study and focus. I definitely recommend this college for those who want to save up while not compromising their academics.

Madison

I really have enjoyed my time here at St. Petersburg College. I will be receiving my 3rd degree from this establishment in the next coming years. The classes are smaller which allows for a more one on one relationship with the professors and classroom discussion. They offer many course options on several campuses so that you are able to create a schedule that works best for you.

Milica

Saint Petersburg college is a great place to start your college journey. Professors are amazing. Always ready to help. Campuses are beautiful and calm. Whenever I'm walking outside, I feel so peaceful. There is nature everywhere. Classes are decent size, so you are able to ask questions and resolve any misunderstanding.

Rebeca

SPC is a great local college to attend and get those pre rec courses out of the way. I personally was not a fan due to the teachers who did not seem to care so much of helping you or the class sizes. SPC college is great with helping you choose majors and find your path in life.

madison

St Petersburg College is a great community college. The college offers exceptional and intelligent professors who are always willing to go out of their way to assist students. The college also offers a substantial tutor center, which contains a writing center to help students with essays and all other writing assignments. St. Petersburg College has all of the resources needed to graduate a successful student. I have spent the last two years attending the school and have had an exceptional experience. This may not be the most fun school, or a party scene, but it is a wonderful community college to earn an associates degree.

Brenan

St Petersburg college is a great college to enroll in. All the other campusues are connected so if you need to take a class at a diffrent campus you can easily. SPC gives so much convience for their students. The resources will help you get a great start in college life and the advisors are helpful and straight forward. Joining in extra cirrucualr actvities will give more help in getting through college and they are fun to attend. There is something for everyone at SPC.