St Petersburg College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for St Petersburg College

Trinity

It is a community college so you can't expect the same benefits as there might be available if you went to a University. In saying that, for a community college I think SPC is much better than most. I've never felt unsafe on campus and you are never too far away from campus security. The cafeteria food is a step up from high school lunches but it really isn't all that great. Not too many healthy options. The class sizes are never over 35, at least in my experience so it makes classes seem more personal rather than just being another face in the crowd.

Alejandra

SPC Clearwater campus is a great one. I really like the attention and de assistance that they bring to every person in the campus. They have a lot of great fraternity and club’s. They have everything on one like tutorship, great team, great profesor’s, and good systems.

Robyn

Amazing school with a great staff. Many people there that are willing to help you learn. The teachers go above and beyond to help you and give you all the tools necessary to learn and grow. Beautiful campus that always has something fun going on. I love the campus.

CODY

Great school, I've been thriving at this college. I've never had any issues and they've always taken great care of me. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for great quality classes at a cheap price. I would give this school the best rate possible because of my experience.

Adrianna

Overall, I think that St. Petersburg College has a great learning environment and all the professors that I have had have been really helpful if you had any questions or concerns. The FUSE program that SPC has with the University of South Florida allows for students to further their education.

carley

I feel that St Petersburg college is an amazing way to start of your education at a low cost and allows for many opportunities because of their fuse program with USF with allows for students to further their education. Furthermore, their class sizes range from 10-30 which allows for a more hands-on approach when it comes to teacher-student interaction. Additionally, there is a variety of clubs and recreational sports available to students how would like to be more involved with the college community, and there is no distraction from academics from the partying scene which exists in many other colleges.

Jerrika

Great college with many opportunities and the staff is exceptional. Great campus and even better staff. For example I was taking human anatomy and my babysitter cancelled on me at the last minute on the day of my final, I called my professor to let him know I was not going to be able to come in and why. He then told me to come in and he would make sure I was able to complete my final, with the help of him watching my infant son.

Sharmon

It's a terrific school. The instructors are always available to help either in person or by email. Each school bookstore try to keep enough books that students are going to need. If they run out they have them before the first day of classes. The security there is also good, any studeent that feels the need can ask for an escort to their cars.

Alexa

St. Petersburg College is an institution that provides students both young and old with a well-rounded education. Although it does not offer on-campus housing, some campuses are conveniently located near residential apartments that are known to be affordable in price. Moreover, what it may lack in some of the on-campus luxuries that are found on four-year universities such as the University of South Florida, it makes up in having beautiful facilities like that of the Science Building and Student Services Building. Furthermore, this college offers a variety of clubs and extra-curricular activities; for example, some of the colleges more beloved organizations and activities include our Model United Nations team, Ethics in Action club, and our Honors College. Finally, I would be amiss if I did not mention the academics of this fine college, as many a student can attest that the classes of this institution are often challenging and thought provoking. Case in point, much of the subject matter discussed in courses such as Social Psychology and International Relations have frequently caused students to question their preconceived assumptions concerning our nation's foreign policy and present social issues, as well as open their minds to new information and ideas.

Deveny

I love spc! Great environment, even for dual enrollment students, I never feel uncomfortable there. teachers are very helpful when you are struggling with a class, they want the best for their students. I would highly recommend spc to anyone who wants to get a college degree at a low cost.

Sara

SPC is a great place to get general credits for transferring to other schools. It is cost-effective, and the faculty, for the most part, genuinely cares about their student's outcomes. The college as a whole aspires to equip student body. By prioritizing aid to returning, and at-risk students with free tutoring, textbooks that can be borrowed from their libraries, and bus passes. The honor program available allows for those who so choose to engage to go to levels that the larger 4-year schools readily advertise. St.Petersburg College will enable students who else wise might not have the means to shine the platform to do so.

Danaa

I love my school.

Engy

St. Petersburg is one of the best colleges that can offer a save environment for. students. The professors are so helpful and offer activities to do outside of class to help the students prepare more for the tests.The college offers tutors for free.