San Antonio, TX
St Philip's College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend St Philip's College

Heather

I applied to all of the biggest culinary schools in the nation and was accepted to every single one. What is unique about St. Philips College is that the culinary program is accredited by the American Culinary Federation and is considered an exemplary program. Even the most recognized schools across the nation are not accredited by the American Culinary Federation. What that means is that the students who graduate need to pay for a test and find a testing center in which they can take it. St. Philips College has the skills needed in the test built into its curriculum.

Community college is not a bad decision, in fact it might be one of the best decisions you can make in order to achieve your dream of being a chef. College is different than high school and you need to learn to manage your time and always make time for studying. Be organized and keep a planner with you as it will always come in handy. Lastly, while you are still in high school take all of the advantages you can in scholarships because you will not be able to receive the financial aid you need to attend college.

I wish I had known what an amazing Culinary Arts program St. Philips has. There was no one to tell me that my life goal was completely within reach and was a good career opportunity. I wish I knew that the local community college had such an amazing opportunity to graduate as an accredited chef by the American Culinary Federation. There are wonderful chef instructors who teach the students all the skills we will need on a professional level and I would have loved to have met these chefs before my first year of college.

timothy

Take as many college classes as you can. Think ahead. Do not procrastinate. Try hard to get ahead in your studies. This will make a major difference in your college years. Set your goals and plan your future. All this will determine your success in your life. Yes you will cross rocky roads but it will all be worth it. And whatever you do. Do not get discouraged. Even the most successful people CEO, COO ect.... they were C average students.

St Phillips has excellent instructors. They appeared to be geniune and sincere.

I've experienced only one fraustration at St Phillips and that is getting caught in between a fight confrontation. That situation really shook me up and just made me more alert. I was not involve in that situation just there at the wrong time.

Naomi

My classmates are very greatful to be at St. Philips College.

My classmates are very greatful to be at St. Philips College.

St. Philips is best known for being a historical black college that helps the hispanic community.

If i could go back and talk to myself as a senior there would be a lot i would say. First I would tell myself not to get lazy because it is my senior year. I am getting ready to transfer to a university and had I worked harder on getting scholarships and staying focused I would not have to be worried about having enough money to go to this university. Second I would tell myself that my education is important. In order to have a good job and a steady income I need more than a associates degree. I have goals to get my PHD in psychology. Third and final thing i would tell myself is stay focused on the task at hand. Do not worry about your friends and where they are going to school because your goals are different from theres. I am greatful for St. Philips is helped me to find myslef and stay focused on my goals and what I want in life.

Will

my school is ageing, and dealing with crime problems related to the location of the school. the elevators shake and make scary noises as you ride them. many of the windows in the school need to be replaced. but we do have have two brand new buildings that opened in the fall 09 sememster.

They are your average San Antonio person. i have people aged from 18 to late 60's in my classes. we have people from other countries and states coming here for school

First and foremost i would tell myself to go to college straight out of High School, and to stick with basketball my senior year instead of becoming a slacker. those are my two biggest regrets about my time after high school. I really wish i had kept with basketball because i know i could have gotten a scholarship to play for a small school and that would have been just fine. And finally i would tell myself to go to college straight out of High School because i think i would have enjoyed it more when i was younger, and i would not be sitting here tryning to find money to help pay for culinary school. Instead i would have already graduated with a bachloers in Criminal Justice like was my original plan.

Sara

St. Philips is a school with a very diverse community of students and faculty that always comes together when you need them t...

St. Philips is a school with a very diverse community of students and faculty that always comes together when you need them to.

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior, I would first tell myself to definitely take a year off before you start college. I ended up wasting 5 years because I didn?t know what I wanted to do with my life and I also didn?t even have the want to be in college. Which leads me to my next piece of advice, money is not everything. Working a mediocre job instead of finishing school will not be worth it in the long run. You unfortunately will not be happy with that job and will want something bigger and better for yourself. A career that actually interests you and keeps you motivated to learn new things. You end up having an awesome baby girl who you will need to take care of so get things situated first. You don?t need to struggle with a full time job, full time school and her. She?s too great to lose time with. Overall, just believe in yourself and your abilities to do what you want to do. Everything else will work itself out.

When I tell people about my school, I always tell them first about how great the teachers are. The teachers are awesome and almost always willing to help when ever you feel like you need a little push. I also love that the classes are small so you get that one on one attention. Another good selling point is that you can take classes here for half the price and then transfer to a university when you're done.

Hortencia

It's one of the best community colleges compared to some of the others because of it's members, professors, and the community...

It's best know for it being a Historically Black College. Those who attend and I have come across enjoy going there because of it's professor to student ratio. This school was founded in 1898 at first it was just a sewing school for girls. It is the oldest and most diverse community colleges in the nation and the fastest growing in Texas.

If I could go back in time, I would first tell myself over and over that staying in school is not only the best option to being successful but the right thing to do. I regret not finishing college and earning that degree when I had the chance. Trying to go to school now is a lot harder than I imagined. The books and tution are so expensive. If I could go back in time I would tell myself to be a leader and do what only others couldn't imagine. Live life like it should be don't sweat the small stuff and be happy. I didn't take life seriously. I didn't think life could be so hard to live life without an education. I would tell myself that having that degree (education) could not be taken away from you and shouldn't be taken for granted. I would also tell myself be strong, be healthy and most of all believe in yourself even when others didn't. Be the leader and if you want to follow, follow those who are leading you in the right direction, the direction to success.

My school best known for art and communicate for hard of hearing. I love my school. They helped me with everything that I need for school.

My school is better than other school. Because it more freedom than high school. And college is more less rules then high school.

The advice to do the work and graducate in high school. I need to go college for my major what i really good at. I love art of drawing, painting and scuplate. I love it. And I love college. College helps me to get my major and everything that i need for the semesters.

Lindsey

I would have told myself to find real true friends. I would have also told myself to stay focused and not to worry about what is going on around me. Another word of advice would have been to stay in church which was very important to me. Being in a relationship should not have been a priority either, because getting ready for college is a process that should not be interrupted but if it happens you need to just keep on going no matter what happens. The reward for continuing your education is a great job and no need to worry about money in the future!

The option for taking any class whenever you need it. You can pick the time and place for your classes that is the most convinient for you.

The professors are easy to get along with, and all faculty is willing to help you if it is needed. The cost for attending is very resonable also.

jesus

First find a job that will not conflict with your higher education endeavors, working is very important as is completing your college education goals, as you gain experience with the job you will be able to apply that experinece with ethics as a student and a full time employee.

I dont have anything to worst consider about the school, I have had no bad experiences at this school all the faculty seem to be well informed about their courses.

St Philip's College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.