Sparkill, NY
St. Thomas Aquinas College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend St. Thomas Aquinas College

Franklin

St. Thomas Aquinas is a very good private school. It offers exceptional programs and provides a gentle and loving environment. The people on campus, including the students and coaches are second to none. The school naturally draws your attention and its a place where you want to be.

Ashlee

St. Thomas Aquinas College is a great school for commuters. The classes are small, and the teachers are always available. Everyone makes sure that you will succeed. However, the school does not have much going on for resident students. Resident assistants have events but rarely anyone shows up. Also, many events made by the student activity center end up being canceled due to lack of students registering.

kiera

I know right now you hate school. You despise everything about it; the teachers, the classes, the rules, the people, the work, everything. From as long as you could remember, you concluded that, “school is just not for me”. The thought of going to college and being in school for another four years is tormenting. The only thing that’s giving you motivation to continue on with school is knowing you will need higher education to obtain a successful career. After all, throughout high school you were told it would be near impossible to get a job in the future with this economy. That thought terrifies you, but it also gives you that little spark of motivation. Here’s my advice to you: do not worry, forget about the torment you went through in high school. College is different, you will finally get the perseverance to succeed. It’s nothing like the torture and conformity you endured in high school. You get to be yourself and make decisions based on what you want. College isn't just schooling, it’s a completely different atmosphere where you will learn more about yourself and grow to become the great person you are.

The type of person who should attend this school is someone who is serious about their future and finding an efficient career path. St. Thomas Aquinas College is an ideal school for a person who feels more comfortable in a small environment with close relationships, as opposed to a big school where you would be just another face in the crowd.

My school is very student oriented; the classrooms do not usually hold more than 32 students which allows for the opportunity to have good student/ teacher relationships. The teachers know each student individually, which is very efficient in the learning environment because students feel motivated to do well not only for themselves but also for gratification from their instructors. My school has fantastic learning environments and I would not change anything about the way my college courses are administered.

Felicia

Try as many new experiences as possible. You never know that one school event, party, or award ceremony where you'll make new friends, meet your future husband, or make a job connection. You'll have fun and better yourself for the future.

The administration and the tuition for such a small school.

The administration SUCKS. Good luck going to financial aid, business office, or the registrar.

Desmond

I believe St. Thomas is an excellent school because not only is it a highly reputable school, its perfect becuase it is small at very welcoming. I have discovered many ways to enhance my intelect aand St. Thomas has helped me do so.

I can honestly say that for me clloge has transformed me as a person. I have learned so much is just one year as a college student, and i feel confident that i will recieve a highly quality education. Before i can to St. Thomas i had a really hard time managing my time while in high school. Now that i am on campus and i have a lot of responsiblity i have learned to manage my time more efficently.

St. Thomas is best known for offering degrees in education, business, criminal justice, graphic design and comunication arts.

Amber

I wish I had known that the social life was very hard to grow acustomed to and, that campus is ALWAYS dead unless it`s a Thursday night (when security is the tightest). Also, that the cafe closes extremely early ... causing those late night hunger pains . And the cafe food isn`t very good with no alternative dinning options on your meal plan.

You shouldn`t attend STAC if you like the 24/7 party life of an undergrad, if you like to eat, and if you are planning on dorming.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to work hard, get involved, and apply for as many scholarships as possible. Working hard will give you as many options and opportunities as you want, in cases of transfering money, and job choices. Getting involved in extracurricular activities at school provides an easy way to make new friends that share a common interest and also can be incentive for people to hand you alot of money in scholarships. Going to college I just figured that my schooling would be paid for with no problems ... i was very wrong. Applying for scholarships early has to be the most worth while work that you can do. You can be handed hundreds and thousands of dollars by simply writing an essay or two, entering a scholarship sweepstake, or even being left-handed. If I could, I would go back and force myself to sit down and spend hours applying for scholarships.

The best thing about Saint Thomas is how much the teachers care. They want their students to succed, and will do almost anything to let them reach their goals.

I would say: Emily, the transition from senior year to College should be like those stories in the books you inhale as if necessary for survival. However, like those stories, there are unexpected plot twists that will make your toes curl. Those you trust are going to disappoint you, classes are not going to give you the perfect 4.0 you deserve, and people will not understand the actions of an introverted small-town girl that has no fire in her personality. But do not take your failures as losses; bring them to your advantage-study your weaknesses, including taking the time to try to understand people, and how your interactions with them affect your world. This is the best I can give you: be true to yourself, but with the upmost importance, stand up for yourself in college as you never dared in high school. Emily, you are not a doormat to be stepped on by those with agendas. Never allow the feelings of your roommates or that friend you idolize lessen your self-importance. Your strength is greater than you imagine, it is your time to conquer your world.

Someone that needs to have millions of people around them. It is a small school-that means small-town, everybody knows everybody environment. There is drama-and unless a person has tough skin, they will be in trouble.

Kerry

St. Thomas Aquinas is a small liberal arts college that specializes in education and special education and is comprised mostly of commuters from the New York and New Jersey area?

Knowing what I know now, I would have a few helpful hints for myself at seventeen. I would remind myself that once college is over, there are only a few things that matter. You should go to a place that not only will make you feel at home, but will prepare you for everything that awaits a college graduate. This includes not only academic preparation, but career-oriented planning as well as preparating for the financial challenges that await you-- especially in my case, as I have had to take out many loans in order to continue my education. I would remind myself of what college really is about, and that is life after graduation. It is so vital to treat college as a preparatory tool-- for character, career, and future financial independence and success. College is, in a sense, adult life with training wheels. I would tell myself that while I still have the support of my family and a school system, that I should practice as much independence as possible to ready myself for a time when those supports will no longer be available. Keeping these things in mind is collegiate success.

I usually tell people about the high quality of the education department at my school in that they have a great reputation for turning out qualified teachers in our area.

St. Thomas Aquinas College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.