Sparkill, NY
St. Thomas Aquinas College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend St. Thomas Aquinas College

Jasmine

If I could go back in time and talk to myself about the knowledge I have about college now, I believe my decisions would have greatly changed. I would inform my college bound self that it's not all about the "look" of college life but also how you're going to afford the school. When I was applying for colleges, I went with schools that appealed to me no matter the cost. Now I'm attending a great school that I can no longer afford. If I could go back I would tell myself to not just look into majors and student life, but also grants, scholarships and the tuition cost as a whole. I would tell myself to be more analytical with my decision and possibly go for a school that I can afford even with loans and federal aid. I believe if I knew then what I know now, I would be in financial bliss instead of financial turmoil.

My only complaint with my school is the freshman dorms are located across the street from the main campus where the classes are held. On cold winter mornings, students have to take a 15 minute walk to their class. Sometimes, especially during high traffic, a student can be left waiting to cross the street for more then 10 minutes which can ultimately decide wether you'll be late to class or not. Being a freshman at STAC, I've experienced the 10 minute wait on various mornings that can be brutal when it's 20 degrees and windy outside.

What I brag about the most when talking about my school is the amazing campus! I love it's openess and free spirit. Unlike most colleges, which have dormitorys in "boring" buildings, STAC dorms are like little town houses which allow students to meet new people outside of their classes and their "dorm floors". The quad is in the center of the girls dorm which includes a volleyball net that makes resident life more entertaining during warm weather. The spaciousness of the outside makes you feel free and welcomed to be yourself with little to no boundaries.

Alissa

It is small classes, so it is easier to learn.

It is small classes, so it is easier to learn.

Nothing, I have always worked hard in school, and still do in college to do the best i can and have the best future possible.

It is very expensive, and it doesnt give financial aid to really anyone.

Alissa

It is a very small, quiet, friendly, school.

It is a very small, quiet, friendly, school.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would not have done anything differently. I work hard all the time and concentrate on receiving my degree and graduating, and look forward to my future.

One of the best things about my school is that it has very small classes. It feels like I am still in high school beacause the teacher is able to remebers everyones name and can give you one on one help.

Lindsey

St. Thomas is a small school and the weekends are dead 90% of the time because most of the students go home.

Find a school with good sized classes so that you can get to know your teacher and they can get to know you. Fraternities and Sororities aren't in existence at my school and that's something I've always wanted to be involved in so I really missed out in that aspect so learn more about extracurricular activities and such.

Sean

Look for the college that fits your needs, no one else's. Don't let your parents do all the work. Answer any surveys honestly. Work hard, but have a social life. Ask about class sizes, dorm conditions, weekend life, what people do for fun, availability of psychological services, academic services (tutoring, extra help), and career services. Ask about financial aid and scholarships. Talk to your professors, even if you don't have problems. Be mature and responsible about sex, drugs and alcohol. BE brave and talk to new people, especially if you have friends coming into the school. Ask someone who goes to the school if they like the food on campus. School first, fun later.

The small class sizes, the absolutely free tutoring center, guaranteed housing all four years, pretty great dorms, great teacher education program, close proximity to Palisades Center, close to New York City, great neighborhood, safe area.

Kimberly

small classes, right size campus, close to home

small classes, right size campus, close to home

Make sure you visit the campus, and if they do not give you any scholarship or aid, push and push until they can help you out. Also, don't go away just to go away. Many people who do that will end up transferring after a year.

There is nothing to do on the weekends, unless you are 21 and can go to bars.

Kristy

An interesting, creative, intelligent, supportive group of friends who truly care about the well being of others; they are willing to go the extra mile to help those in need.

No matter where you go, college will be life changing. Make an intelligent decision that is based more on emotions and first impressions than it is on the overall cost. I find that being an hour away from home is the perfect distance because it enables students to be within reach of a strong support system while still having independence. Finally, choose a college that has a friendly and helpful faculty because they can help smoothe out any problems that arise.

Since I work off campus on the weekends and visit home every Friday and Saturday night, it is sometimes difficult to combine my school life and my life at home. I sometimes find myself stressing out over homework, lab reports and essays even when I have ample time to finish all my assignments.

Students should not take the college process lightly. It is in their best interest to visit as many schools as possible and to keep their options open. They should not rush into a decision but wait until they find a school that best fits them, in all areas. If a student is thinking of playing a sport, they should look into everything, sports play a huge role in academic success in college, you have to learn to balance your time efficiently.

The unwillingness to follow the school's mission state of being committed to the truth. They administration and athletic department especially do not pay attention to the needs of their student-athletes, they are only concerned with themselves.

St. Thomas Aquinas College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.