Miami Gardens, FL
St Thomas University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend St Thomas University

Maniola

This is my fist semester their and so far its not bad. They have a lot of resources to make sure you do good in your classes. I am catholic, so for a private institution its not that expensive, Its very affordable, they help you with you financial needs. everyone

Garmai

It's a great school and the people make you feel at home. People at the cafe is great and amazing.

daphne

My school is best known for getting a job after you graduate and the major

I WOULD SAY TO MYSELF DON'T TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED. JUST FOCUS IN SCHOOL AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN TO MAKE THINGS MEET. KEEP YOUR GRADES UP AND DONT LET NOTHING INFLUENCE YOU OR GET IN YOUR WAY. COLLEGE IS NOT EASY AT ALL. STAY FOCUS AT ALL TIMES AND DON'T PROCRASTINATE. INTERACT WITH YOUR PROFESSORS AND ALWAYS ASK FOR HELP NO MATTER WHAT. KEEP YOUR HEAD AND STRIVE FOR YOUR GOAL. DON'T GIVE UP!

Diana

Since we are a new class this year we are all very freindly and eager to help one another. This school encourages long enduring freindships.

St Thomas is known for it small sized class, seriously commited faculty and well known alumi in the community. It is a catholic univeristy that is well respected in South Florida.

I would definitely advised myself to look for a school that matched my personality and that met my needs. Since I am a person that enjoys small classe, personal attention, and that human touch which would support my leaning experience and that encouraged close knit freindships. Also, I would advise to make my educaitonal experience complete I would remind myself of how important it is for me to have the support of the faculty. St Thomas checks all those boxes. It is easier to study and to communicate and support each other with smaller class size, something St. Thomas University is known for. And even when going gets tough, to have a school that offers and wellness center for releaving those stressful times and counseling is a blessing.

Saint Thomas University is a small university/campus but I prefer this because the teachers actually know who you are and are willing to help with anything needed. there is also outside help like tutoring or the writing center wheich is useful for wrting papers.

College is not all that I expected and what others told me of it to be in high school. There arent crazy parties on the weekends or crazy roommates but sometimes lonely nights and feeling home sick. Unlike in High School where teachers didnt care, here they actually want you to succeed and become a better person. In my first semester I was had the mentality that I didnt have to go to all my classes like I did in High School so I learned the consequence when seen my GPA. The advice I'd give to my High School self is stay stay focused in my classes and not get pressured into doing other non-important things because I want to feel "cool" because "cool" doesnt get you into you r dream college. Also, to cherish my family and the support they have all given through my journey in hgih school up to college. But also to have enjoyed this last year in High School because once college comes its all about studying and preparing for the future so take it easy but never lose focus on whats important.

Campus life can be dull at time, theres not much activites that go on but it is easier when you have a car or if you know people who are computers who know the area. The food isnt the best but its managable.

There is a huge diversity of studemts from all over the world. They all were raised with different backgrounds and its interesting to see the way they do things, especially studying habits. In all the students are nice and very approchable.

I've learned that you have to do things for yourself. Not only did this apply in the school senery but also back at home. I had to grow up and do things for myself. In turn, i learned that i was capable of being a good student so long as i put forth maximum effort. Also the fact that the school is so small so the student teacher ratio is 14:1 makes its all the more better so you can establish a relationship with your professor making it that much easier to understand the curriculum if things tend to get hectic.

The school was everything i expected. Not a single doubt in my mind nor a misconseption of such.

Yanel

The experience i've obtained so far is incredible. Theres help for any matter or problem you can have. They care for your safety and personally love to show you student to teacher the material when having difficulty to understand it. I've gotten to be more responsible. Know exactly what i want in life. And also how am going to obtain it. Made me realize that the major am interested in is the one for me. I've never been so well instructed as they do at this school. People, staff and faculty are friendly and thats one of the best thing this university has to offer.

The best thing i recommend about this school is the fact that its an open diverse university. It has smal ratio of students in class. Teachers and staff are really friendly. Its a religious school but religion is not forced on you. We have open free space to study and also areas where you can easily relax near a pond or lake to watch little turtles or fishes. We have almost every sport talked about. High security for your safety and protection.

What i dislike about the school is the fact that its religious. Am athiest so it bothers me. Thats the only bad thing about the school i personally dislike.

Raisa

I have not only achieved a Bachelor's degree but also an education that will last a lifetime. I received such detailed attention from all of my professors that it has proved invaluable. I learned how to solve problems and think critically. I was able to study abroad in places such as Haiti and Tennessee. Experiences that not only enhance learning but impact lives forever is one of St. Thomas University's goal. They also pride themselves on "developing leaders for life". Learning how to confront situations on a deeper philosophical level has given me the confidence to further my education by commencing a Master's degree. I feel as an equal amongst my peers and am certain my education is as strong as theirs. I am proud of having attended St. Thomas University and have gladly recommended it to others. I am certain I am a leader for life.

The kind of person who is interested in an education focused on quality. The classrooms are small and dedicated to detail. Teachers are focused on giving their all. Graduates are truly prepared for a higher education and make life long friendships. Students are celebrated for a difference of opinions rather than humiliated. Those that are interested in enhancing their education and gaining experiences that will last a lifetime should attend ST. Thomas University.

I tell my friends how my efforts never went unnoticed. I also inform them how beautiful my campus is. I was able to complete my degree in exactly two years without any surprises. St. Thomas University makes you feel at home the minute you step on campus. They offer course one could never imagine full or real world experiences and opportunities to travel.

michael

all my life i have been told that im going to work from pay check to pay check... i havent had a father in my life i was rased by my mother, there was three kids in our home so there really wasnt any one on one time for school... i droped out when i was 16 and have worked a full time job ever seanse.. i am going to a community callege know, i was on the honer roll last quarter.. but im finding it harder and harder to pay for school.. i hope that i will be the first person to go to callege and get my dagree. thank you for your time... Michael Carson

Carrie

I thank god for letting me have such an amazing expierience to attend college. Eventhough i have more years to go and learn but its been an extrodinary expierience. Going to Saint Thomas is a dream for many nursing students, because after were juniors we get an automatically acceptance to University of Miami. University of Miami is one of the best medical school in the nation. I've learned how to vary my time. How to study for my classes, go to work, and have fun with my friends. I've also learned how to be responsible. Professors aren't reminding you to do your assignments, or if you live on campus whos going to clean your room or do laundry for you, no one. Your on your own. College is an amazing oppurtunity for those who are ready for the challenge.

The best thing i consider about Saint Thomas University is, that the classes are really small. Students get one on one with professor's. Saint Thomas also offer students who are majoring in a science major. The University has this program named the Fellows. And this program offers Biology, Mathematics and Chemistry majors a full scholarships paying there tuition and there books. Life on campus is thrilling. Theres always game night, parties every other month, and when is time to study for finals we have study time till 3am with midnight breakfast. For those who like sports were competive school.

St Thomas University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.