Miami Gardens, FL
St Thomas University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend St Thomas University

I've learned that you have to do things for yourself. Not only did this apply in the school senery but also back at home. I had to grow up and do things for myself. In turn, i learned that i was capable of being a good student so long as i put forth maximum effort. Also the fact that the school is so small so the student teacher ratio is 14:1 makes its all the more better so you can establish a relationship with your professor making it that much easier to understand the curriculum if things tend to get hectic.

The school was everything i expected. Not a single doubt in my mind nor a misconseption of such.

There is a huge diversity of studemts from all over the world. They all were raised with different backgrounds and its interesting to see the way they do things, especially studying habits. In all the students are nice and very approchable.

Yanel

What i dislike about the school is the fact that its religious. Am athiest so it bothers me. Thats the only bad thing about the school i personally dislike.

The best thing i recommend about this school is the fact that its an open diverse university. It has smal ratio of students in class. Teachers and staff are really friendly. Its a religious school but religion is not forced on you. We have open free space to study and also areas where you can easily relax near a pond or lake to watch little turtles or fishes. We have almost every sport talked about. High security for your safety and protection.

The experience i've obtained so far is incredible. Theres help for any matter or problem you can have. They care for your safety and personally love to show you student to teacher the material when having difficulty to understand it. I've gotten to be more responsible. Know exactly what i want in life. And also how am going to obtain it. Made me realize that the major am interested in is the one for me. I've never been so well instructed as they do at this school. People, staff and faculty are friendly and thats one of the best thing this university has to offer.

Raisa

I have not only achieved a Bachelor's degree but also an education that will last a lifetime. I received such detailed attention from all of my professors that it has proved invaluable. I learned how to solve problems and think critically. I was able to study abroad in places such as Haiti and Tennessee. Experiences that not only enhance learning but impact lives forever is one of St. Thomas University's goal. They also pride themselves on "developing leaders for life". Learning how to confront situations on a deeper philosophical level has given me the confidence to further my education by commencing a Master's degree. I feel as an equal amongst my peers and am certain my education is as strong as theirs. I am proud of having attended St. Thomas University and have gladly recommended it to others. I am certain I am a leader for life.

The kind of person who is interested in an education focused on quality. The classrooms are small and dedicated to detail. Teachers are focused on giving their all. Graduates are truly prepared for a higher education and make life long friendships. Students are celebrated for a difference of opinions rather than humiliated. Those that are interested in enhancing their education and gaining experiences that will last a lifetime should attend ST. Thomas University.

I tell my friends how my efforts never went unnoticed. I also inform them how beautiful my campus is. I was able to complete my degree in exactly two years without any surprises. St. Thomas University makes you feel at home the minute you step on campus. They offer course one could never imagine full or real world experiences and opportunities to travel.

michael

all my life i have been told that im going to work from pay check to pay check... i havent had a father in my life i was rased by my mother, there was three kids in our home so there really wasnt any one on one time for school... i droped out when i was 16 and have worked a full time job ever seanse.. i am going to a community callege know, i was on the honer roll last quarter.. but im finding it harder and harder to pay for school.. i hope that i will be the first person to go to callege and get my dagree. thank you for your time... Michael Carson

Carrie

I thank god for letting me have such an amazing expierience to attend college. Eventhough i have more years to go and learn but its been an extrodinary expierience. Going to Saint Thomas is a dream for many nursing students, because after were juniors we get an automatically acceptance to University of Miami. University of Miami is one of the best medical school in the nation. I've learned how to vary my time. How to study for my classes, go to work, and have fun with my friends. I've also learned how to be responsible. Professors aren't reminding you to do your assignments, or if you live on campus whos going to clean your room or do laundry for you, no one. Your on your own. College is an amazing oppurtunity for those who are ready for the challenge.

The best thing i consider about Saint Thomas University is, that the classes are really small. Students get one on one with professor's. Saint Thomas also offer students who are majoring in a science major. The University has this program named the Fellows. And this program offers Biology, Mathematics and Chemistry majors a full scholarships paying there tuition and there books. Life on campus is thrilling. Theres always game night, parties every other month, and when is time to study for finals we have study time till 3am with midnight breakfast. For those who like sports were competive school.

Trever

I would have to stop myself in the hall and tell myself, "Self, college, the thing people refer to as post-secondary education, is waiting for you. I'm telling you now that you must make the most of every moment. When you find yourself with nothing to do and more free time than you know what to do with, use it to study. And when you've studied to your heart's content, step outside your dorm and make a friend. Create relationships with others so that you never have time to feel "alone". Attend as many lectures as you can, as they can only make you smarter and don't just join clubs, create them too. But don't ever forget how you got to college, how you graduated high school, or how you started preschool so you could go to elementary school and eventually middleschool. Be sure to call your mom when you're away and tell her that you love her with your big heart and that you've sent an air-kiss same day mail, that it should arrive in the evening. She would love this as she loves you. Start something big."

Yanelys

SELF: DO NOT make a decision based on others experiences, go out and experience your own. Only because 50% of your peers and classmates all agree on the University of Florida being the best University in Florida, doesn?t quite mean you will. Common mistakes such as SCHOLARSHIPS are made by most us, therefore avoid any. What one should do is instead of going scholarship crazy look into the universities in which you are interested in and see what they offer in terms of $$$.Scholarships that pertain to your major, should be strictly looked into. Talk to current students in the university?s you liked, as well as professors who teach some of the courses in which pertain to ones major, and even the undergraduates who are currently taking the courses. Make sure you have a plan, if you?re lost during you?re transition from high school to college, you will still be lost once you get there. And please do not freak out if first College grade exams aren?t all that joyful, it happens to almost all of us!

After seeing all "top notch university's" my mind completely changed after St.Thomas University's open house. Just driving in one feels like if campus was in someworld else, due to it's landscape, diversity and buildings. Yes,STU may be a small campus but one thing is forsure they are defently BIG at heart. Unlike others, STU interest was not what benefited them, instead me. When they say they are developing leaders for life, they mean it. St. Thomas is not just a university, it's a family filled with diversity!

Latrina

Classmates are often involved with class discussion and are often cooperative.

Classmates are often involved with class discussion and are often cooperative.

To be prepared for whatever come your way,and to stay focused on your education.

Non Goal oriented students and students that can only provide the school with sports only and not academic well.

Cameron

Dear Cameron Philip of 2007, College is a very independent learning environment that allows you to discover yourself and focus on your future goals in life. Remember in your senior year there was always someone behind you making sure your work was completed, made it to class on time, and assisted you with any matter, well college is significantly different. College is an exciting place where you experience a vast majority of life lessons, people of different backgrounds, and cultures. Cameron, as a college student you?re an independent student trying to be successful in life through a higher learning program. There are many unplanned obstacles that come about when you least expect them, but the best way to handle such situations is with patience, faith, and self-control. Academic dishonesty is not like what it was in high school. There are major consequences for plagiarism and cheating, which can affect you in the present and in the future. In conclusion, the last words of advice would be to stay focused, determined to succeed, be thankful for your blessings, and never forget those who helped paved the road for your success.

Someone who shouldn't attend this school would be a person who prefers a big campus, not friendly, or cant get along with people of different racial backgrounds and beliefs. A person who isn't able to take their education serious and waste their parents money just because they are wealthy, because are many who wisht they could attend college but can't due to financial issues.

St.Thomas University is somewhat small with a 1-4 ratio between student-teacher relationship. Classes are very hands-on and a relationship between the student and proffessor can be built easily.

Laura

Perhaps the worst thing about my school, or schools in general, is the evergrowing expense of tuition. The problem is not related to the quality of the scholarly experience ; surely, a good education is invaluable. However, the ability of students and/or their families to pay for it is rapidly diminishing. In the face of our shrinking economy, with its job-losses, dead property values, and the everpresent disproportion of wealth in the world, it is getting more and more difficult for those seeking academic achievement and career promotion to afford the price of an education.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is the one who does not wish to learn about multicultural and ethnic diversity; a person with no desire to explore and/or challenge his or her spiritual beliefs should stay away. The kind of person who does not believe in striving, learning, and working intently at gaining an education should not attend this school. Further, the person who picks the prestige of a large 'name' university over a small, close-knit network of scholars, educators, and clergy, and who hates volunteerism in his/her own community shouldn't apply.

Get a job and save as much money as you can for your education. Hone your studying skills and apply for scholarships and grants. Do as much as you can, as quickly as you can, to get through school, and apply yourself to research. Learn the art of grant-writing! Try to enjoy your senior year, but avoid spending money on frivolity, and keep your goals in sight.

St Thomas University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.