Stanford, CA
Stanford University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Stanford University

Fixed  rate loan

Khaled

Stanford is a great school and I feel so blessed to be here. It simply has everything that a college student dreams of having. Great Academics, Great Infrastructure, Great communities and most importantly great people. I have grown so much in my freshman year and it seems to me that I will have much more growth in the years to come.

Vinicius

I liked it very much! Campus and facilities are great.

I liked it very much! Campus and facilities are great.

Diana
Stanford

Stanford

The culture for learning and growing is phenomenal. And the location cannot be beat when compared to other top-tier schools. The weather is great year-round. Being in Silicon Valley and in the SF Bay Area makes job hunting and networking for after graduation easy.

Brenna Leigh
GREAT!!

I want to go to Stanford but they are a little picky.

GREAT!!

I want to go to Stanford but they are a little picky.

You'll be part of a start-up one way or another

You'll be part of a start-up one way or another

Being in the land of unicorns, it isnt difficult to get into the mood of wanting to create something that will change the world (and get tons of VC funding) You learn as much as you need to know. If you want to go above and beyond (like everyone on campus) you need to find a way to make yourself look unique to you your professors.

Yushi

Stanford gathers the world's best students and professors, unique in their own ways, and puts them together on a beautiful, sunny campus to cooperate to make amazing opportunities and results.

Stanford is best known for having the most talented and the brightest students who accomplish great things before, during and after their time at Stanford.

I would tell myself to not waste time. When you find yourself just sitting around, doing nothing or watching TV just because you don't have anything you HAVE to do, do something. You feel like time is unlimited, but college made me realize that there is so much I want to do, and so little time. If only I had the motivation and sense of time pressure when I was younger, I could've done so much more. I want to learn so many topics in math, want to learn so many programming languages, learn how to make websites and apps, work out to keep healthy, learn how to play guitar, improve my singing, etc. All of these interests I had before college, but college made me realize how much I wanted to pursue them. I see these incredible people in college who developed unique and incredible skills, and it makes me wish that I too had done more in high school. Fun does not have to be unproductive, pursuing your dreams, however small or large, is the most fun that I realized is possible.

Destiny

Academics are important, but don't make them your entire life. That is the advice I would give to me high school self. When I was in high school, I was highly ambitious and hard-working. I spent all day at school, did extra activities before and after school, and did homework as soon as I got home. While these traits were valuable in getting into college, I sometimes feel that I missed out on a lot of experiences. When you get to college, your hard work will still be very important. However, success in college is not just about test scores or a GPA. You will be expected to demonstrate passion, creativity, leadership, and critical thinking. Take time to develop passions. Learn an instrument, learn new languages, read for pleasure. When you get to college, you'll eventually do all of these things, but start now. One day, you'll realize that grades aren't everything. Right now, it's probably difficult not to define yourself by your achievements. Take time to do something you love and create an identity for yourself outside of school. And keep up the good work.

People who are outgoing and ambition, but also enjoy having fun. The school definitely seems to be a better place for extroverted people who are willing to put themselves out their and show inititative.

Ravina

Fellow students tend to be very artistic, proactive, critical thinkers who like to compete and push each other to the limits creating an intellectual energy that makes the campus vibrant.

You are about to experience one of the best times of your life. Come out of your shell and shed that old high school self. You can be anyone you want to be, both academically and socially. First off, advising from day one is critical. Find someone you connect with (a professor, mentor). Ask questions and learn from them. Second, do not limit yourself to making only one or two friends whom you stick to all four years. Make many many friends. Be the friendliest version of you; there is no point in being shy. Choose your extracurricular activities wisely. Sororities and fraternities can be enticing because of their social value, but be wary they do not get in the way of your academic endeavors. Partying can begin to consume you if you let it become a part of your weekly life. Do not make it a priority but instead do it once in a while. Do not ever let anyone make you feel uncomfortable or unsafe particularly in romantic situations. You may find yourself unsure of how to say no if unwanted advances are made. Be strong, know what you want/don't want, and do exactly that.

Someone hoping to slip through the cracks and "get by" should not attend this university. The school has so many resources and opportunities that it would be a real shame to have it at your fingertips and not take advantage of it.

Christopher

My favorite aspect of life at Stanford is certainly the open-mindedness, especially with respect to the vibrant diversity that exists on campus. There are limitless opportunities at Stanford for all individuals to express themselves, regardless of race, heritage, religious ideals, political affiliations, or any other personal identifications that otherwise create barriers between students. Upon initially acquainting myself with current students during Admit Weekend when I was a high school senior, I found that they were extremely open to learn more about and understand the perspectives of their diverse peers. I appreciate that everyone is incredbly welcoming, accepting, and warmhearted.

Chris, I want you to refrain from being humble and remind yourself in the future: you genuinely deserve to be at Stanford. You are intellectually affluent. You are modest, compassionate, endearing, perspicacious, magnanimous, gregarious, aesthetically imaginative. You are composed of your mother’s tenacity, your father’s diligence, your grandmother's infinite affection, your younger brothers' naiveté and curiosity, your best friend's undeniable fidelity, your teachers' amaranthine encouragement. Oftentimes you deprive yourself of acquiring inner peace and experiencing true euphoria by incessantly comparing yourself to others. Don't morph your identity in order to impress your peers and don't associate yourself with those who force you to compromise your morals; you are the people you surround yourself by and your opinion of yourself preponderates all others. Don't define yourself by the goals you failed to accomplish or the obstacles you failed to surmount, but by the triumphs and the individuals that molded you into the eternally exuberant and persistently passionate human being you are today. And lastly, I want for you to live in such a way that if anyone should speak poorly of you, no one else would believe it.

Through my experience familiarizing myself with my peers, I have discovered that, unlike many of the UC or Ivy schools, there is no concretely defined, quintessential Stanford student. This absolutely enthralls me because it allows me to understand a wide range of perspectives. I have come to know individuals who own multiple companies, immigrated to America with little to nothing, are nationally ranked athletes, are international popstars, have traveled to impoverished countries to promote literacy, and so many other incredible human beings. As long as one is ambitious, for his/her own personal reasons, he/she will succeed at Stanford.

Stanford University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.