Stanford University Top Questions

Attending Stanford offers all that one can imagine both during and after college. You are surrounded by the best and brightest peers and professors and the aesthetics of the campus are gorgeous. Furthermore, Stanford has a tremendous reputation that is sure to set you ahead while you're applying to jobs and internships during college and once you graduate. In short, the opportunities presented by being a Stanford University student/alumni are invaluable and hands down the best thing about the school.

Chia

The best thing about my school is definitely the people. Everyone is helpful and polite and always eager to encourage us to experience new things on campus. The friends that I've made are fantastic, honest and generous. The faculty is beyond wonderful. I got the chance to meet and know a professor who changed my views on life. She encouraged me and pushed me outside of my limits, giving me the chance to see who I am and what I can become in the future. She is a great professor and a great friend.

ELIGIO

ONE OF THE BEST UNIVERSITIES IN THE WORLD. THE UNIVERSITY PROVIDED ME EXCELLENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES AFTER GRADUATION.

The best thing about Stanford is the positive atmosphere. The campus is beautiful, the people are encouraging, and the vibe is incredible. Though the pace may be quick due to the quarter system, the classes and the school itself provides a positive challenge that keep the students motivated and on their toes. It is truly a wonderful place to be.

Madeline

There are many great things about Stanford, as mentioned in some of my earlier responses. But in addition to the wonderful academics and friendly student body and faculty, it is a real plus to have such a beautiful campus and lovely weather. While these qualities are not the most important in a college career, they certainly enrich the experience.

Randy

Not many people can say they lead a laidback life when they are being graded on a curve against the smartest students in America. Stanford is unique in that the student that is attracted here is hard working and talented, yet at the same time sociable and relaxed. It?s not a place where you come to compete against others and try and get the best GPA. What matters most here is the ability to learn from experts in every field. Everyone knows how to work hard, but they also know the importance of unwinding and having a good time.

My school is academicaly one of the strongest in the Nation. In addition to the great academics, the people are warm and understanding. I plan to major in Human Biology and Stanford is known for their great research opportunities. I have learned so much in only one quarter at Stanford and look forward to a great education all four years. I plan to get involved in research, and plan to attend an over seas program at the Great Barrier Reef . Stanford offers a multiude of challenges and opportunities. I am priviledged to be a student here.

Jena

By far, the absolute best thing about Stanford is its fertile learning environment. The school, the staff, the students?everyone is so encouraging and supportive when it comes to learning. The school puts on interesting events and brings speakers to talk about relevant issues, the teachers are always available for extra help in a class and are never judgmental, and other students are almost always willing to help each other out. I was expecting a harsh, competitive environment when I arrived here. What I?ve been most pleasantly surprised by is the overall feeling of synergy on campus.

Derwin

The best thing about this school were the resources; financial aid esources for students, quality classroom and research environments, abundance of research grants, large library, and contact with professors, career networking, and alumni. These resources help eliminate most of the problems students have in attending college, stimulating their academic curiosity, and developing a career.

I think the best thing about my school is the quantity and variety of extracurricular activities: clubs, service groups, sports, cultural activities, visual and performing arts opportunities, preprofessional societies, social organizations.

The academics, because of the previouse box.

Fatima

People here are down to earth and just awesome passionate people, not elitist and all the same like at some of the ivies and other top schools.

Sharon

I love the variety of extracirricular activities to fill the time while I'm not studying.

The worldwide reputation is one of the best about my school. This should help in jobs and applying to graduate schools. The outdoor space available also helps. Individual tutor labs are great.

Rob

Everyone loves it, with incredibly few exceptions.

chris

The environment allows students to persue their interests while introducing new things

The pride students feel for being associated with the school. No one is less than ecstatic to say, "I graduated from Stanford." There is a lot of "brag" value associated with the school's name. Also, people are nice. Everyone is friendly at Stanford. The problems students experience at Stanford, if there are any, are usually shared by most of their cohort.

Besides the obvious, that Stanford University has some of the best professors in the world and is an incredible place to learn, I consider the overall tone of the school the best part. Students work hard, but play hard as well. I love how everyone gets their work done yet still make the time to engage in activities that truly interest them, whether it be sports or other academic issues. Although students strive to be the best, there isn't a stressful feeling of competitiveness. The people at Stanford are absolutely incredible.

Dominique

Countless opportunities! So much is offered in every department and every possible endeavor the students may pursue, and there is support along the way.

I love all the people I've met - the diversity. I love my friends. Everyone is so interesting and has so many cool plans or things they are working on or hoping to do in the future. I have found a pretty good balance between academics and social life at Stanford.

Donovan

The friendly people, beautiful architecture, great resources, and awesome faculty.

Amer

The best thing about this campus, besides the beautiful weather and scenery, are the people. Everyone from students to professors is very driven and a pleasure to talk to and work with.

Philana

weather

The other students because they are so diverse, interesting, intellectual, and fun.

Kelvin

The best thing about my school is the ability to participate in meaningful research as an undergraduate

Bianca

Its culture. It's got a pretty laid-back disposition considering it's on par with the Ivy League.

A band of Stanford students plays on Roble Field.

Other footage of the Stanford Powwow.

A tour of the Stanford Powwow, which happens once a year.

Nikki

I love that everyone is so helpful! It's quite remarkable, really. The people on campus are SO friendly and it's kind of funny because I halfway thought that it was an act that the school put on for all the prospective students when we visited in the spring of 2007. Once I started talking to more people and getting to know them , I met some astounding individuals and just reaized that these were exactly the kind of people who I wanted to surround myself with during my college years.

Garrett

THe best thing about stanford is the diversity and acceptance of everyone on campus.