Stanly Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Stanly Community College

Stanly Community college is a fantastic well-knit small college. Is it a great stepping stone to bigger and exciting opportunities. The classes are small to medium size and the instructors actually care for you. There are plenty of clubs and extracurricular activities for everyone to participate in. I am glad I decided to go here.

Hanna

Stanly Community College is a great school for high school seniors or other individuals looking to further their education and save a couple thousand dollars instead of going straight to a four-year institution. SCC has given me the same education as my friends who attend universities at a fraction of the cost. I have been able to maintain my relationship here with my friends and spend more time at home before I venture off for the summer and before I transfer to a four year university.

When it comes to classes from my experience is a really good school. I like the fact that there is a lot of help from teacher and even free tutors. The instructors actually care about you and your grades. I like that they help you get through school even if u can't make it on time to class or you have to leave early. I can surely say that while I was there it was a great experience!

Jacklyn

There are great teachers who are always willing to help the students. They also are very effective teachers while in the classroom and can find different ways to get a topic across if the way they are explaining it does not connect with a student. The campus is also small but cozy.

Madeleine

I love the school! I have had about 13 instructors, and all but one have been phenomenal. The library staff especially are amazing - always finding ways to involve students and keep them active. Something I particularly appreciate is the small size and community-nature. The library staff all know me by name and are genuinely interested in how my education is coming along, and the coffee bar is a huge plus! The campus is on a pretty hill and has some beautifully peaceful outdoor places to study.

Kaley

As a Stanly Community College student, I believe that all of the staff work incredibly hard to get every student to do their best work on and off campus. There are multitudes of resources such as online and seated tutoring sessions, eagle one stop, campus library, etc. Stanly Community College is smaller than a typical college, therefore, there is more one-on-one time with professors if one is struggling to get the work done, understanding the topics in class, as well as learning how to manage all of life's challenges. There are mentors to provide you with advice when going through these obstacles. Stanly Community College offers a safe environment where classmates get to know each other very well and everyone is one big family. When one goes down, everyone usually helps to pitch in. If you enjoy small schools that make a large impact in your life, then Stanly Community College is the right choice for you.

Amber

It is a great school. The classes are small Stanly allowing students to have more one on one time with professors. They have a high graduation rate. The nursing program was ranked number 11 in the state. They also offer many programs to meet everyone's needs.

Top Questions about Stanly Community College