Stark State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Stark State College

Jaylin

I think stark state is a good college to attend. Especially if you are not sure what to major in they help you take classes to get you thinking about what you might want to take. They also have lower tuition rates compared to other universities that I’ve looked into

Antonio

Stark State College is great for traditional and especially nontraditional students like myself. I left school early at a early age to help take care of home. At 17 I worked, getting paid under the table for a local restaurant, and helped my mother with household chores. Although, She was not happy with my decision to leave, but appreciated the help. I promised her I'd return to school and graduate, which i did. However, i did not know what my career path was going to be. After attending a short stent in nursing school, I transferred to Stark State College. I was assigned an advisory before to help with my dilemma. Usually I keep my life story to myself, for fear of judgement, but I was made to feel at home and comfortable. When I told them they were impressed with my journey to their doorstep and assured me that I had nothing to fell ashamed about. After talking we notice my passion for business and law. So, they proceeded to set out a complete path for me. They even emailed me info on how to obtain a BA I'm done there and info on graduate schools to give me an idea of what i can be doing after that. Almost every instructor was reasonably sensitive to my schedule with work and my children. I am currently approaching my final year, and albeit difficult, it has been a wonderful journey, with the faculty by my side, never letting me forget that I can do it and its never too late.

Jacob

Stark State College is a very nice place. You learn a lot, the teachers are always really helpful if you have a question and outside of the classroom you can always meet new people. The food is really good just a little pricey. The teachers usually try and help you the best they can plus some of them are really fun. The only problem is there is no on campus hosing. You can learn a lot there and they will help you set you up for your future.

Kaitlyn

With Stark State being a community college most people think that the courses are easy. However, the courses are built just like the four year universities. Stark State is a great school to get a associates degree or just your gen. eds at an affordable price.

Savannah

My overall opinion is that it is a great 2 year degree school. It gets you prepared to go on farther to each a Bachelor degree. I really like the student to teacher ratio because since it's a small class room settings I feel more comfortable asking the teach questions or like the teacher actually remembers who I am.

Deborah

Stark State is a great college to start your degree at without having to spend a lot of money. Most of my professors were easily approachable. My biology lab and lecture were fun. I really liked the class sizes. The campus itself is easy to get to and for the most part the parking is okay. They have evening and weekend classes that help non traditional students.

I have been so thoroughly impressed by all professors and faculty. As I am an older student, I was very concerned, not anymore! The admission department, financial aid department and advisory counselors are easily accessible and their response time is impeccable.

Stark State is fun school, with lots of different personalities and interests. It's a community college, and there is no on-campus living, but it's located outside of the busy and areas of the city, and is close to the more safe and secure area of North Canton, not far from Belden Village. There are plenty of good shops, food, fun, and walking paths around the college, and it's never over crowded or difficult to get to class on time. The traffic around is not terrible, although parking can have good and bad days, that problem usually settles itself as schedules become more solidified. The food is lacking any great nutritional value, but the food in the area can easily compensate for that. The teachers are real people, not drones in suits (pardon my harsh comparison). They have experience in their fields, are still enjoying their lives, and teach us with honesty and both feet firmly planted. It's a nice school, it's clean, well designed, as far as convenience and placement of everything you need to be and the time and energy it takes to get there is concerned. There are plenty of student clubs if one has the ability to juggle real life and the school demands. The students are friendly and welcoming, and the area the school occupies is nature-filled and nicely maintained. I like it. It doesn't boast about itself, does a good job of educating its' students, and is not difficult to locate or attend. Overall, a real winner.

Michelle

Great community college but it would be great if there were more groups that everyone can join and feel the college experience. The teachers at the school are kind and they can help you when needed. I really love the writing center for when we all need help. The online classes are great also. They website and the organization is easy to understand and get the hang of it. The teachers responds to your email within 24 hours or less which is helpful also.

Traci

Stark state seems to care about the students. They try to help students be successful. The admissions department was helpful and able to move paper work through quickly. The campus is clean and accessable. The people are nice and helpful. I look forward to attending classes.

Leigh

The school does great in the academics portion of it. But sometimes can be very busy to try to get into.The campus is clean and well kept. The food is always fresh and hot. They always hold support groups and tutor groups to help out other students when they are struggling.

morgan

its a great affordable school.. All the teachers and staff are super nice and willing to help you learn or help with whatever you need. Also a lot of students are nice as well. Couple of times I've asked the students to help me to get to a class and they were willing to be able to take their time out of their life to help me. I would for surely recommend this school to anyone.

Andreanna

j

Davonn

For it being a community college it’s okay but it’s not the best. They’re really need to improve in some parts like how financial aid is ran. But the teachers are great and very hands so that’s a plus. Yet some of the staff there is kinda stuck up. In conclusion thought it’s okay

Jemella

To get a good education, also further my education in the healthcare field.

Leonte

Stark State College is a developing school. There are plenty of opportunities if you're willing to search them out. Most of these however are at the Main Campus or the Akron Campus. The academic life is good, but could stand a lot of improvement. You will have to motivate yourself and start academic conversations if you are intellectually curious or civically engaged. Students are responsive to those kind of things, but it may not be there priority. The administration is AWESOME, they are constantly seeking to improve and the President of the college is constantly adding value! Good luck!

Olivia

There are no housing opportunities at Stark State, however the tuition is affordable and the area includes apartments and a variety of shops and restaurants. The professors I have had are extremely accessible and will contact you through phone, e-mail, or in person as best as they can. The class sizes are small, so it makes it easy to have an intellectual conversation and ensures everyone will be heard. I have learned so much through hands-on application. My degree is Digital Video and Media Technology, and in my first year I started working with a camera and editing software. There are clubs you can join and they have some days where you get to see what the clubs and social life is like. A lot of people attend Stark to just get their degree, which makes the social life at Stark pretty much up to you to make the most of it. They offer summer, online, and evening classes to help you accomplish your goals. Stark does have a cafeteria, and I have heard mixed reviews on the food. I personally opted for the salad bar option, but there are tons of restaurants within a ten minute drive that you can go to if you don't like the food. Overall, if you're looking for an affordable, accessible, and flexible college that will help you achieve those goals, Stark State might just be for you.

Victoria

It is very small, and so are the classes. People are there to get there classes done and go, not really to socialize. I am only a college credit plus student, but going there has shown me that Stark State just will not be the college I would like to attend. I find it good for many others especially with the flexible schedules and such. It just is not the place for me.