Bradenton, FL
State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

Katina

My classmates are diverse, but at the same time, very open-minded and friendly.

My classmates are diverse, but at the same time, very open-minded and friendly.

This school is a community school, whereas the other schools I've looked at are all private universities. This school is very opened to what the students have to say, all the students are very involved and friendly. The faculty and staff are also very well trained in their departments and are always available to help students. The class sizes are smaller too, which is nice because the teacher can help each of us individually easily.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not wait a year to go to college. The transition is not too hard, but it is not like high school. High school teachers give you second and third chances to get it right, but college proffessors don't care. You get one chance and if you fail, you fail. Plain and simple. It took a lot of will power to finally get back to school, so I would say just go for it and do it. Don't wait for a year or even six months. College life is much more of an independant lifestyle that high school. In college you mostly have to depend on yourself to get up and go and take care of things. It is a hard transition, but after a while, it gets easier.

Brian

My school is a very good school to go to for a number of interesting associate degrees

I honestly would not change a thing. I graduated high school with no intention of going to college. That changed after a couple years of working at some very tough jobs and not making a good enough income for myself to live comfortably. I am interested in the business management field and now I am more driven towards getting a higher education after working at those tough jobs than I would ever be after going to college right after graduating high school. I guess that old saying, you live and you learn really worked for me. I tried to live the life of a high school graduate and pretty much lived paycheck to paycheck and now I have learned that to have a rewarding and high paying career, one must pursue some form of higher education.

My math professor who is name is Mary Beth Headlee. She is by far the best professor I have taken at Manatee Community College. She is very understanding and makes sure her students understand material in a sometimes tough subject.

Jonathan

Knowing what I know now, I would go back in time and tell myself to pull my head out of my own but and put my nose back into the books. Of course, I was a lost sole back in high school so I probably would not have listened to my future self. However, I must admit, despite the fact that I am 36 years old and just now going back to school to develop my own career, I know that I made mistakes years ago during and after high school, but they were mistakes that I needed to make in order for me to be the person that I am today. And I really like this person. I would not be who I am today if I was not who I was 20 years ago and for that I am thankful.

Unfortuately with the economy the way it is, more families are being forced to send the kids to the community schools just to at least get them started. I like our campus. They accept a wide diverse range of students that are will to apply themselves and advance their skills. As long as the student is committed to their education every student should be allowed to attend.

I tell my friends and family most about MCC's small campus and how comforatable it is to approach the professors. Small class sizes are a big plus as well. But most of all I brag about my own accomplishments with my grades and my efforst in achieving those grades.

Christina

My school is all about pushing their students to succeed.

My school is all about pushing their students to succeed.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice as a high school senior about college I would have a mouthful to say. I would want to express the importance of being independent. College is not like high school. There is not someone there to hold your hand and guide you through everything. There is assistance provided but it is up to you as an individual to make sure you have everything that you need and that you get it done. Also I would want to express as much a possible how important it is to look for as much financial assistance as possible. College is not cheap. There is so much money out there that is used to help students who want to continue their education you just need to take the time and look for it. The last thing that I would want to say to myself would be that, "in the end all of the hard work, time and dedication will pay off and good luck."

Someone that shouldn't attend this school is someone that has no drive to continue their education or someone that does not want to pursue a path to a better life. That is what college is all about. Trying to better ones life.

Stefany

I wish I could have told myself to participate in more Highschool senior activities, like spirit week and the senior parade. Even though I think college is much more of a fun and interesting experience, college does not have activities like high school did to celebrate your time there.

The absolute best thing about my school is getting to learn the things i most desire. To wake up and get to class knowing I'll be interested in whatever my professor is going to say. Everything I'll get to read or hear I'll be able to take into my career later on and really use it and also grow from it.

I would have to say the worst thing about my school is not getting a free lunch like students get in highschool. Many students are there as full time students and do not have time to leave campus or even wake up early enough to pack there own. Students who go without lunch or not a nutrious meal suffer from not being able to pay 100% attention in class.

Heather

Well a lot of my classmates are young and eager to learn.

Well a lot of my classmates are young and eager to learn.

I would advise myself not to drop out. I would advise myself to pay more attention and study harder. I would advise myself to take school seriously because you won't go far without it.

The most frustrating thing for me about my school is the history department. My teacher in history lectures every class all class long. There's not enough hands on learning.

Colin

The harder and smarter you work now, the less regrets you will have in the future. Find goals, and work towards them at all costs. Invest in an Education in something that interests you, work hard, and be honest all along the way and you will go far.

Good instructors and nice campus for a very affordable price. In this economy, need I say more?

Debra

Variety of ages and ethnicities.

Variety of ages and ethnicities.

I would tell that shy, timid, serious girl to loosen up! This is the best time of your life! Take a night off of work when there is a special senior event, it's worth losing a night's pay, at minimum wage, to have more fun and make memories to look back on your senior year. Yes, soon your high school friends will all go in different directions but you can still keep in touch. Change is hard, but new opportunities are exciting! Don't smoke, drink, or do drugs - it's not cool! Smile more and keep a positive attitude and you will attract many new friends at your new college that are just as kind. Enjoy yourself , you are young and full of energy, but go to bed at a decent time so you will be alert for those early morning classes. This is a new adventure transforming you from the dependent high school student you once were to independent career person you will be. Enjoy, it will all work out!

Dion

My school is mostly known for its academic progress over the fews years and its athletics programs

Wow. The advice would be amazing. I would probably be in a better position or college than I am now. First I tell myself to get started early by doing dual enrollment so I could get some of my college credit hours out of the way, also I would prepare myself better for my work load and getting my books way ahead of time. I mainly would have just told myself to start getting those classes done early because its alot of courses that a student must take before exitting a community college just for an A.A. Degree. So I would really stress to myself that I must be prepared and ready to go forward and get my classes early so I can be able to get my Degree and not waste any of my precious time.

The type of person who will give up and just settle for less, the type of person who have drama and issues follow them around

Karlie

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior I would tell myself to prepare for the amount of school work and studying that is required in college. Also I would tell myself to apply for every scholarship that I had access to because the cost of an education is enormous and its very hard to pay for everything.

Nothing is bad about my school I am currently attending.

State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.