Bradenton, FL
State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

Heather

Well a lot of my classmates are young and eager to learn.

Well a lot of my classmates are young and eager to learn.

I would advise myself not to drop out. I would advise myself to pay more attention and study harder. I would advise myself to take school seriously because you won't go far without it.

The most frustrating thing for me about my school is the history department. My teacher in history lectures every class all class long. There's not enough hands on learning.

Colin

The harder and smarter you work now, the less regrets you will have in the future. Find goals, and work towards them at all costs. Invest in an Education in something that interests you, work hard, and be honest all along the way and you will go far.

Good instructors and nice campus for a very affordable price. In this economy, need I say more?

Debra

Variety of ages and ethnicities.

Variety of ages and ethnicities.

I would tell that shy, timid, serious girl to loosen up! This is the best time of your life! Take a night off of work when there is a special senior event, it's worth losing a night's pay, at minimum wage, to have more fun and make memories to look back on your senior year. Yes, soon your high school friends will all go in different directions but you can still keep in touch. Change is hard, but new opportunities are exciting! Don't smoke, drink, or do drugs - it's not cool! Smile more and keep a positive attitude and you will attract many new friends at your new college that are just as kind. Enjoy yourself , you are young and full of energy, but go to bed at a decent time so you will be alert for those early morning classes. This is a new adventure transforming you from the dependent high school student you once were to independent career person you will be. Enjoy, it will all work out!

Dion

My school is mostly known for its academic progress over the fews years and its athletics programs

Wow. The advice would be amazing. I would probably be in a better position or college than I am now. First I tell myself to get started early by doing dual enrollment so I could get some of my college credit hours out of the way, also I would prepare myself better for my work load and getting my books way ahead of time. I mainly would have just told myself to start getting those classes done early because its alot of courses that a student must take before exitting a community college just for an A.A. Degree. So I would really stress to myself that I must be prepared and ready to go forward and get my classes early so I can be able to get my Degree and not waste any of my precious time.

The type of person who will give up and just settle for less, the type of person who have drama and issues follow them around

Karlie

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior I would tell myself to prepare for the amount of school work and studying that is required in college. Also I would tell myself to apply for every scholarship that I had access to because the cost of an education is enormous and its very hard to pay for everything.

Nothing is bad about my school I am currently attending.

Leah

Classmates vary in many ways. At this small campus there are some variations in ethnicity and cultural backgrounds however, it seems as though we all come from the same place. Most of the students I interact with in my classes are the many of the same students I conversed with in high school. The students at State College of Florida (formerly known as Manatee Community College) are very accepting of newcomers and are always helpful to those seeking information on classes and professors. State College of Florida my be a small school but the students have the biggest hearts.

It's Febuary 2008 and I'm sitting in my high school's career office filling out multiple scholarship forms and shoveling through college applications, however with my own college sophomore mindset. I start talking to myself through my conscience, "Leah, what are you doing? Why are you applying to all of the larger colleges? Did you know that Manatee Community College is almost 30% less the tuition cost and has smaller classes? Do I need to remind you that it is only a 15 minute drive? Go ahead, apply to Florida Gulf Coast University, it's not what it seems. Sure they have great soccer team but do you really want to be paying double the cost, with four times the student : teacher ratio? Besides, you can keep your job that you have now and even up the hours of work to full time, also Florida Bright Futures covers 100% tuition. Leah listen to yourself! Your family is close in case of emergencies and you'll meet the man of your dreams at this small college! Just do it! You'll save so much time and money! How much better can it get? Do it and you'll see.

State College of Florida is new to the term University. Only this year have they not been a community college. Being a new university means not offering many degrees that are commonly sought after. Although this school is rapidly growing, as of now many students find themselves graduating with an Associates Degree at State College of Florida and then transferring to larger schools for continuing education.

State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.