Bradenton, FL
State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

Christine

I believe that it is a great school to be at just to get re-started with your education, when you decided to get back to scho...

I believe that it is a great school to be at just to get re-started with your education, when you decided to get back to school.

I haven't noticed any type of stereotypes here at the school.

There is a tennis team and a math club that are going on at the college.

Everyone is great to get along with at this school, weather you are in class with them, or if you are just sitting around for your next class to start.

They are very important for this school, even though it is only a community college.

Patricia

I think the school was a great experience for me. The instructors were very helpful and encouraging.

Every student was very helpful and encourage for the success in every student . No one person was for themselves. We succeeded as a whole.

My math instructors were very patient and the other students all worked together as a team This made me feel successful in every endeavor.

Anna

To give my all, even if it means cutting down on social life. But never let school get in the way of being invloved in church or family events

That is it very accessible and many students can attend while living close to their parents.

Some instructors are either too leniant and don't teach you much, or the other extreme, where they are too hard on the students and most fail the class and get discouraged.

Anthony

This school is very good on making sure that their students gets the best education by the best professors

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

The State College of Florida is located in Bradenton, Manatee County Florida. This college is known for dentistry, Business plus many other academics that will benefit future plans or goals in life. This is a 4 year college where you are able to have duel classes with other universities or the are linked up to University of South Florida plus others if your want to continue for Masters or Doctoral degrees.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

the best place to get work done would be in the academic resource center or outside on campus sitting at the tables that are spread out on campus.

The academics are lecture, test and there is help through the department of disabilities for students who qualify for their service.

Kamal

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self I would tell me to take advantage of all the scholarship help I can get. I was not prepared to pay almost $500 straight out of my pocket for two classes this first semster at SCF. I relied too heavily on recieving a Pell Grant (which in fact, I did not qualify for). Luckily this semster my classes required no textbook due to the fact that it was porovided online. Now I spend an hour a day researching and applying for scholarships online.

I brag the most to my friends about the great class size and the one-on-one help you can recieve from your proffessors. So many people in big univerisities complain about the overwhelmingly large size of their classroom (which, irronically, is actually being held in an auditorium) and how they can't see their professor all the stage floor.

The most frustrating thing about SCF would be that if it rains there are no awnings over the sidewalks inbetween buildings. So for instance, if you need to get to your bio lab from the lecture and you have your laptop with you, then you are going to have to find away to get across the walkway without ruining your laptop or books and notes.

If I could go back to my high school self and talk about college, I would say that SCF is not a bad school. I would tell myself that I would meet my very best friends here and that I would really figure out who I was, and what I wanted to do in life. I would also tell myself that I dont need to worry about how long it takes me to get my degree, because not everyone takes four years, some people need some extra time.

Someone who wants to be challenged academically. This school is mainly for adult students and for students who dont really have a plan.

There were not many clubs and school activities.

Angel

If I had the chance to re-do my whole highschool years I would. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior I would say, " Stay focused, make decent grades, and make yourself happy instead of trying to please others." My grades in highschool was not a solitary representation of what I really could do until I got into my senior year. During my senior year I didnt have alot of time for errors academically because I played around all through 9th-11th grade. I wanted to graduate and I knew that if I didnt attend college I wouldnt make a decent living. So at that moment and time I decided to not please others and please myself doing what I needed to do for myself. So I stayed focused on my goals and now am enrolled in college.

The classes at my school are very small which I like because it allows me to really get into the material I am learning and it is easier to ask questions.

I would have definitely applied myself more to get into better schools. You truly do not know how important high school is until your applying to college.

james

it i offering me a chance to better myselfin these uncertain times and the combination of the blended classes gives me the best chance to succeed and become a productive member of society

wouldn't have made the bad choices in my life that has hurt me now that I would like to think that Ihave matured and this higher learning has made me realize that

simply: it gave me a chance and it will do the same for you

Kendra

Dear Kendra, Congratulations on your high school graduation! You must be getting excited for college and all the freedom that comes along with it. But just remember that college is not all about your social life and having fun, you are going to college for school, so please have your priorities straight and put your studies first. I know you are probably upset that mom and dad are making you pay for your college tuition, but it will really make you take your studies seriously since it’s your “hard earned money” that is being spent; believe me it really is a blessing in disguise. Get involved on campus, it is a great way to meet people, I promise that you will not regret it. Keep your chin up and follow your dreams. There is a significant amount of time and money that is spent on a college education, however it is a great investment and will open many doors for you in the future.

State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.