Bradenton, FL
State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota

Beatrice

The students at scf are very friendly and motivated (as I said once before). They have there eyes on the prize and who ever has that same desire they want to help ass well! These students love to help you out: if you feel discouraged they give you a boost of confidence! At SCF the students are a family and they want you to be victories at everyting you do1 I adore the students of SCF

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a high school senior, I first would have talked to myself about being more prepared for college. For an example i would talk about how there is Scholarships every where and should reasearch more about them. Also, I would do my finacial aid a bit earlier and look out for verfication! last but not least I would have told myself to get to know my gudiance counsler better cause there are the stirring wheel to the car of colleg!

MCC or Scf (which is the name of the school now) ; is a school for very diligent and hardworking students. The teachers are very motavating and determined to help students that are willing to learn! the school is very calm and collective. The students at SCF know what they want in life and keep the campus very friendly! So if you a student that is determined, diligent and laid back SCF is the school for YOU!

Leona

Its a community college that has one of the best nursing programs.

Its a community college that has one of the best nursing programs.

I would tell myself dont give up you can do this you can acomplish your goals

The things i needed and what i needed to do to get were i want to go.

Meghan

Hopeless. This would be the exact word I would use to describe myself as a high school senior. My intentions as a senior was nothing more than socializing and having a good time. My thoughts: It's senior year, and you only live once! Unfortunately, that mind-set brought my GPA down well enough to make it almost impossible to become accepted to a great four-year college. Being in college, and having to take non-college credit classes for our of state tuition is only discouraging to me. Especially considering it's not just one. If I had paid more attention in high school and tried a little bit harder, I most likely would already be half way towards my degree, but I had to goof off a little too much. If I could go back and give myself even just a couple words of advice, it would be: "Focus; it might be difficult now, but it'll be easier in your future when it should be harder." The only problem is, there is no time machine. Now, I sit here and say dream about what life would be like, had I tried just a little bit harder.

As at home as I feel here at Manatee Community College, just as any location for any purpous whether it be for school or a career, there are always the cons... As very little cons that I have personally picked out with MCC, one particular issue which always seems to bother me is the lack of discipline the teachers seem to have with their class. Granted, there are adult college stdents, but at the same time there are students fresh out of high school. my initial thought of discipline is nothing than it truly is, here.

Manatee Community College had helped me enter the lifestyle as an adult more comfortably than I had imagined. As a graduating high school student, I certainly was scared as well as nervous about entiering college. Who would I meet? What could possibly happen at its worst? This school could very well possibly had been the perfect choice for me as a beginning school in which I had planned to receive my AA. The staff is simply more than helpful, as well as caring, and they've done nothing less than help me feel right at home. I hope to stay.

Kacey

This school has given me the chance to take classes online, and continue my education even as a single mom.

When I was in high school all I knew was that I wanted to me a mom. I wanted to stay at home, and raise children. Unfortunately... I made some rather poor decisions out of some extenuating circumstances, and I ended up married and pregnant my freshman year of college. If I could go back I would like to be told to enjoy a single college life, because there is plenty of time to settle down afterwords. I have just now 7 years later started back in school, and I am now a single mom working full time and attending school full time. Don't settle. Figure out who you are, and what you want out of life. Get a degree, and then if later you are able to be a stay at home mom, fantastic! But have a back up plan!! Never settle for less then your best. You deserve the best!

I wish I had a better idea of what I want to study for my major.

Thelogust

Every one of my classmates are great. The ones I have met are great people and the ones I have yet to meet are the best as well. The reason I say they are all the best is becuase they are all bettering their lives through a desire to strive to be better knowledgable individuals.

If i could go back in time and tell my high school self any advise about the college life and the transistion I would have to tell myself about the ways to get scholarships and to strive to get the grades needed to be the best in life. Everyone hears it from people their whole child hood life that school is where they need to be and to do this and that if they want to suceed but only a hand full of people actually listen to this advice. I was one of the many who needed to find out for themselves. So here I am with two children and a single dad at that it has not been a easy journy. So I would use a scare tactic and a simple, if you don't believe what all the other people are telling you how about listening to yourself.

I would have to say the most frustrating thing about State College of Florida is the lack of classes for the times most needed by myself and others. I would like to see my college focus around the classes that fill up first or the fastest to provide more classes around that time since it is the most demanded of all. This would enable everyone to complete the classes they need at a time that is best suited for them.

James

My classmates in all of my classes are indescribable.

My classmates in all of my classes are indescribable.

If I was able to have a conversation with myself about college life I would have gave myself tons of tips and advice. I would inform myself about the hassle of getting to school on time. I would explain to myself the frustration of trying to obtain financial aid for education. I would illustrate myself the hard work that I need to put in for school. In addition to telling myself about the hard work to put in I would also tell myself to not let the responsibility of school get me down. I would inform myself that even though the requirements for school can stress anyone out but I would tell myself not to let it bring you down into a depressive state of mind. The most important advice I could give myself because four years of paying for education is something I believe I should enjoy.

There are many things that frustrate me about my school. The most frustrating thing about school for me is paying for it. The finances needed for school is a heavy burden on me. Having to rely on financial aids is my only hope for being able to attend college. Due to the crisis of this economy or recession that the United States is in money has become an object that is hard to earn and keep. In addition to needing money for school I also need money for classes and books.

Zuleyka

As a high school senior there will have been many things I would change like: I wish I would have apply for ton's of scholarship during my senior year; Also would have save money for tuition and fee's . College is expenses, Another tip I would liked to had change was the idea of really researching colleges and speaking to student that are currently attending the school I would be applying for. By reach out to resources such as career counseling and academic advising I would have been well prepare for college. Another transition I wished I would have done is going away for college such as, living in a dorm with roommates; reasons why to learn responsibility, organization, and desire to learn new things. If I would have known this as a high school senior my life would been so different. However I am glad I am in the position I am now in life. Even though I did not have the information as a high school senior but now I have the knowledge as a college student to be successful in life.

The wrost thing about Manatee Community College is the parking lot is to small for so many students and employee. The parking lot should be divied into two one parking lot of employee and the other for students. Benefit of having different parking it save time and there will be more parking spaces for both parties which are students and employee. I feel that teacher and staff have the right to have their own parking spot studnet . As a student we pay high tution and fee's therefore, I believe we have the rights to have our own parking lot.

Melinda

I believe that formerly known as Manatee Community College, now known as State college of Florida is best known for its four year nursing program. Although the scholl is continuously adding new four year degrees.

If I were to be able to go back in time and tell my high school self a bit of advice about college it would be, "You can do it, you need to do it, and you should do it." My advice would be that you can achieve anything that you set out to achieve and that there will only be a few events in your life that will be as life changing. This one experience of college is something that nobody can take away from you and will put you on a path to personal and professional freedon.

The only frustrating thing about my school would be the commute. the time and gas that it takes to get to The Bradenton Campus from the area of Venice.

jessica

If ic could go back in time when i was a senior in highschool, my advise to myself would've been to have payed more attention in class, ask more questions when needed, to study instead of party, to have attended math tutoring to learn more basic math, to not worry about my apperence as much as my work, and to have joined in more school activities rather then none at all. these are all the many things i would've done if i only knew better.

I wish i would have known just how much college was in general.

When i talk about my with my friends i brag most about the classes and the teachers. The teachers their are so friendly, live, and they care. The classes at night are only 1hr long and in that little time i learn so much. I love my school.

State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.